+5
DRGN LRD 1213
Zillah
Grey
Frostbyrn
TexasMace
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tabletop Model of Arica Harbor Empty Tabletop Model of Arica Harbor 2011-03-30, 20:20

TexasMace

TexasMace

This guy must have a lot of time on his hands.
Pretty cool though, especially if you're a tabletop wargamer.

http://akulasbattlefield.blogspot.com/

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Is it bad i realized the Bus wasnt in the right place almost instantly?

TexasMace

TexasMace

I know it's not SDM too because there's an Abrams.

Grey

Grey

No. Is it bad to notice the hills aren't correct?

Zillah

Zillah

wow thats awesome, although the burnt up bus should be in the middle of the main road Very Happy

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Also the Stairs behind the T90 arent right Very Happy

Zillah

Zillah

yeah the patio thing just goes too far back, or the building isnt far enough back.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Plus there is an Alcove there on the game

TexasMace

TexasMace

I noticed the tree/bush is not there behind the last building, at the top of the stairs...trash can missing at the bottom of the stairs too.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well if he is using this for tabletop wargaming then he may have made some changes for balance issues.... Damn you guys are some harsh mo fos! HAHA

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I think it's hilarious that this guy builds this cool model and all we notice is how he messed it up lol! But I agree it isn't quite the same, still pretty cool though. I wonder how long it took him to build?

TexasMace

TexasMace

Yeah, don't know what he is playing on it but it may be rules issues as well.
I've done terrain building before and he must have spent huge amounts of time on it.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

The only thinkg I don't like is his buildings. Pretty lame looking to me. I used to play Warhammer 40k and I have seen some AWESOME models, and layouts! COmpared to some I have seen this would just be average.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I saw a couple pictures of this through a Facebook Xbox post thing. I have to say, it's kind of awesome. I saw some of the things as well that you guys were talking about too, but figured if they're not done with it, then maybe someone might have left some feedback and it will get fixed. I do agree with DL on the buildings though. I think they could have been done a lot better.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

they need a little paint and texture. but no job is too big (or small) for the home makeover crew!

It would have been cool if he would have built damage into the buildings. you know like the Abrams opened up a wall or two.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Awesome Terry! wrote:they need a little paint and texture. but no job is too big (or small) for the home makeover crew!

This made me picture a bunch of us rushing into his house with craft supplies and rebuilding it. Ha!

I checked: I don't have his dogtags and he doesn't have mine.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Home makeover Montauge!!!! (spelling fail I think)

TexasMace

TexasMace

He said he still needed to paint the buildings so hopefully he'll texture them too. I've never seen anyone use that material for a building.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

That's pretty awesome. He should do Heavy Metal next. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum