DRGN LRD 1213
TexasMace
Duck
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Duck

Duck

So I was sitting here watching a Husky SC2 game, and dad walks in and starts getting in my face "What is he your mentor or something, that's all you ever do!" and what not. I explain I don't even have the game and it's just fun to watch, like he's watching football and shit all the time. Then he tells me I should be working on my math because I'm taking math tutoring at Sylvan right now because I'm struggling with it. I say I'm not going to do my math homework now because I'm about to leave and have to spend two hours at Sylvan so I'll do it when I get there. Then he acts like he's wasting money because I'm too dumb for math or something, so I drop the ol' "Stop complaining, Mom's making most of the money anyways" cause she has two master's and is close to a PHd and he has a two year degree in criminal justice.

So that really ticks him off. I think he's really upset that my mom makes more money because he thinks he should be the head of the house like the bible says and what not. Starts dropping the F bomb and calls me rude and a son of a bitch (I thought it unwise to tell him that calling ME a son of a bitch makes HIM the bitch but whatevs).

So he stormed off to his room and slammed the door after I told him I was just trying to make fun of him because he was making fun of me first, but he likes to yell and scream instead of argue so I don't think he heard anything I said.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Damn, if I talked to my dad that way I would have been knocked through a wall.
Good luck, Duck.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I wish my wife made more than me!!!!!!!!!!! I sure as hell wouldn;t complain! HAHA

sheep

sheep

Sounds like Duck needs a spanking! Shame on you for saying that to your dad.

sheep wrote:Sounds like Duck needs a spanking! Shame on you for saying that to your dad.
Really so you think his dad has the right to do that?

Grey

Grey

TexasMace wrote:Damn, if I talked to my dad that way I would have been knocked through a wall.
Good luck, Duck.

My dad would have threw me into one wall and then into another. But I have respect for him so I would never talk to him like that. My weak ass mother who doesn't listen worth a damn I would.

Iron Man wrote:
TexasMace wrote:Damn, if I talked to my dad that way I would have been knocked through a wall.
Good luck, Duck.

My dad would have threw me into one wall and then into another. But I have respect for him so I would never talk to him like that. My weak ass mother who doesn't listen worth a damn I would.
I think you are confusing fear with respect.

sheep

sheep

And you think it's ok for him to talk to his dad that way, Tom?

Guess we just see things differently.

sheep wrote:And you think it's ok for him to talk to his dad that way, Tom?

Guess we just see things differently.
Well why should his dad have the right to call his son names if he can't defend himself? Secondly why is it even ok to belittle your child.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Sorry to hear that Duck. But I agree, my late father woulda whipped my ass if I said that stuff lol.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

while i sympathise with what your dad said to you, insulting him back about his wage is pretty bad.

the men are traditionally the big breadwinners (man go hunt now, ugg ugg, etc) so yelling that your mum earns more than him would be a pretty big jab in the heart, ego wise. i can understand why you did it but i think you've cut him pretty bad.

if its something he flips out that bad at, you should go and apologise and try and make it up to him. if you talk to him about it im sure it'll get sorted out, my dad always calms down when i talk to him Smile

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Oh snap Dick move duck

Why didnt you just tell him he had a tiny Penis and had never satisfied a women? Its in the same ballpark as what you did

Anyway at least your dad listens i have to repeat everything i say 3 times to mine then insult him and repeat it a fourth time

scrittah

scrittah

Shit, man. This kind of makes me happy that my dad's never around - at least that way I don't have to deal with him.

http://scrittah.tumblr.com

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

What's a dad?

Also, sorry suace.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Thats rough man. I hate hearing about family troubles. I feel like both of your were a little out of line. maybe you owe each other apologies rather than everyone trying to pin in on the other guy.

Tex, I feel ya. My dad only whooped my ass once. cause thats all it took for me to know he was the boss and would NOT be disresprected. because he never did it if I didn't do something to deserve it

Duck

Duck

I just get tired of him. He gets into these moods and it feels like he's trying to make me feel bad about myself, always ragging on how I'm playing video games, I don't like sports, etc. He's actually said he's disappointed in me as a son. Usually I just ignore it, but him suggesting I'm not trying in math goes way too far.

He didn't offer ANY advice when I was trying to figure out how to get better at math, he didn't pay attention at all when we were deciding if I should go for this tutoring, I've been stressed out about getting consecutive C's in math will affect my college chances, doubting self worth, thinking i'm an idiot because I can't do well in a stupid math class despite me trying as hard as I can, trying to figure out if I should not go into engineering which I've had my heart set on for all of high school because I don't know I'm even smart enough, and actually needing this tutoring is a gigantic blow to my pride.

He's been absent from everything going on here when It's just been my mom and I trying to figure things out, and he just walks in with "Stop playing computer games and do your homework, no wonder you're doing bad at math". I'm already stressed about it myself, I don't need my father rubbing it my face because he's completely oblivious to how much this is bothering me. I thought I'd see how he likes something that bothers HIM rubbed in HIS face.

And it's not like it's that much of a big deal. he makes 85,000 and my mom makes 100,000.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

dang duck my mom only makes like 50k a year

Khfan60

Khfan60

Damn Duck, thats rough man. Though you did the right thing if you ask me, sometimes parents just need to be yelled back at and insulted. My father is basically the same way.

And Camel- That's more then mine, she makes a whopping $0.00 a year. =P

Duck

Duck

Yeah, we're pretty much loaded... But it's absolutely ridiculous how he makes a gigantic deal out of anything he does for me. He thinks giving me one of his shitty 2005 laptops he buys, repairs, and sells on Ebay for my birthday is a huge chunk out of his wallet. I never get anything I want for Christmas either.

I'm not complaining about it or saying I'm entitled to more, but with how fortunate we are, it's ridiculous the amount of guilt tripping I get for $100 on my birthday or something.

Zillah

Zillah

Ducksaws wrote:I just get tired of him. He gets into these moods and it feels like he's trying to make me feel bad about myself, always ragging on how I'm playing video games, I don't like sports, etc. He's actually said he's disappointed in me as a son. Usually I just ignore it, but him suggesting I'm not trying in math goes way too far.

He didn't offer ANY advice when I was trying to figure out how to get better at math, he didn't pay attention at all when we were deciding if I should go for this tutoring, I've been stressed out about getting consecutive C's in math will affect my college chances, doubting self worth, thinking i'm an idiot because I can't do well in a stupid math class despite me trying as hard as I can, trying to figure out if I should not go into engineering which I've had my heart set on for all of high school because I don't know I'm even smart enough, and actually needing this tutoring is a gigantic blow to my pride.

He's been absent from everything going on here when It's just been my mom and I trying to figure things out, and he just walks in with "Stop playing computer games and do your homework, no wonder you're doing bad at math". I'm already stressed about it myself, I don't need my father rubbing it my face because he's completely oblivious to how much this is bothering me. I thought I'd see how he likes something that bothers HIM rubbed in HIS face.

And it's not like it's that much of a big deal. he makes 85,000 and my mom makes 100,000.

Wow Duck your life is like a clone of mine.

Spoiler:

jeez man are you like a mind reader? I really feel your pain though. my dad is always so skeptical about what im doing on the internet. he always looks at me when im on the SeC and is like "WHAT IS SO INTERESTING ABOUT THAT WEBSITE?" haha

Duck

Duck

That's my mom. Always wondering what the hell SeC is. I had to stop go underground on Deviant Art because she eventually figured out what my profile page was and started stalking it. I'm absolutely FUCKED if she ever requests all of my text messages from Verizon.

Zillah

Zillah

Ducksaws wrote:Yeah, we're pretty much loaded... But it's absolutely ridiculous how he makes a gigantic deal out of anything he does for me. He thinks giving me one of his shitty 2005 laptops he buys, repairs, and sells on Ebay for my birthday is a huge chunk out of his wallet. I never get anything I want for Christmas either.

I'm not complaining about it or saying I'm entitled to more, but with how fortunate we are, it's ridiculous the amount of guilt tripping I get for $100 on my birthday or something.

I know man, my dad usually makes around $120,000 and my mom about $60,000 a year, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT GOES! i live in a modest house, old cars, not a lot of high tech/nice stuff around.... i guess it must all be going into savings. (i have no college savings btw)

Whenever my parents get me presents for my birthday, they spend the next month giving me grief like "We bought you all these nice presents for your birthday ($100 worth on average) and you act like this?"

good lord if youre going to use buying presents as a way of making me feel guilty, DONT BUY ME PRESENTS.

again, im not saying im being undercut or anything. im really not

Zillah

Zillah

i hope my parents never request my text message log... that would be badddd, really baddd.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Text message logs are not avaliable to customers from any cell company. Just the network information. So no worries guys.

chunckylover53

Well damn we got a lot of rich kids here... I can't imagine saying anything like that to my dad he was a bus driver though (surprised at how much $ they make).

I learned something though if he thinks his right there's no point in argueing because it'll just fire him up and since i am living with him it doesn't help any of us. I use to argue with him alll the time and i was so unhappy here it's best to just bite your tongue sometimes.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I make 24k a year and thought I was well off x_x

chunckylover53

After or before taxes?

Zillah

Zillah

Symbolic wrote:Text message logs are not avaliable to customers from any cell company. Just the network information. So no worries guys.

ok, thats good to know Smile

Zillah wrote:
Symbolic wrote:Text message logs are not avaliable to customers from any cell company. Just the network information. So no worries guys.

ok, thats good to know Smile
They could always just look at your message history....

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

After taxes.

*reads thread*

I feel so poor.

chunckylover53

That's not bad epyk.. I am proably poorer than you tom haveing two brothers and two sisters suck... Razz

Grey

Grey

t-800 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
Good luck, Duck.

Nope. I could easily take him now. But I don't cause I see now that the way he raised me made me who I am. A respectful member of society who does not disrespect their elders, civil service workers, or Librarians.

chunckylover53 wrote:That's not bad epyk.. I am proably poorer than you tom haveing two brothers and two sisters suck... Razz
Remember when boxxy said this guys?

Must resist urge.

Iron Man wrote:
t-800 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
Good luck, Duck.

Nope. I could easily take him now. But I don't cause I see now that the way he raised me made me who I am. A respectful member of society who does not disrespect their elders, civil service workers, or Librarians.
What about your mom?

chunckylover53

Eh?

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Ducksaws wrote:I just get tired of him. He gets into these moods and it feels like he's trying to make me feel bad about myself, always ragging on how I'm playing video games, I don't like sports, etc. He's actually said he's disappointed in me as a son. Usually I just ignore it, but him suggesting I'm not trying in math goes way too far.

Evil or Very Mad

either way. if you have school problems and playing a video game is getting in the way of it getting done, and you havent seemed to take initiative yourself, your dad has every right to boss you around a little. get you math grades up solves the problem, not the most preferable but it has to be done. if your dad sees you taking initiative he wont say a damn thing to you / he has no right. dont let the problem fester because then future confrontation with your dad could cost you

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

chunckylover53 wrote:That's not bad epyk.. I am proably poorer than you tom haveing two brothers and two sisters suck... Razz

i did not understand this post

chunckylover53 wrote:Eh?
Go search the archives for a bit.

chunckylover53

1fnbighen wrote:

Tom posted about feeling poor.

And why would i want to waste that time tom?=o Just jokeing with ya man...

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

chunckylover53 wrote:
1fnbighen wrote:

you just dont know man. lets not have a whos life sucks more contest because in all reality anyone could just lie

chunckylover53

I wasen't why do you have to make this into a big thing?

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

wasnt a big thing. sumbody could have taken it the wrong way

no can we talk about flowers and sunshine *looks at topic title*

oooooh .... right

*looks outside and sees snow*
Crying or Very sad

1fnbighen wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:
1fnbighen wrote:

you just dont know man. lets not have a whos life sucks more contest because in all reality anyone could just lie
I would never do that again. Having a fight to see who has it worst is the stupidest thing I have ever done. Why bother when you have never met that person and do not know the context of his or her situation. Still feel like a r***** for doing that.

1fnbighen wrote:wasnt a big thing. sumbody could have taken it the wrong way

no can we talk about flowers and sunshine *looks at topic title*

oooooh .... right

*looks outside and sees snow*
Crying or Very sad
I would be happy if there was snow right now lol.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I blame your Mum duck,Probally told him how much it was bothering you and that was how he was trying to help you

At least thats how most of my fights with my Dad started,With my Stupid Mum telling him to bother me

Grey

Grey

t-800 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
t-800 wrote:
Iron Man wrote:
Good luck, Duck.

What about your mom?

Sorry for slow posts. My moms like a mindless deaf wall.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

*Shoots Grey and Tom*

Dont think i dont notice your summoning ritual!

Frostbyrn wrote:*Shoots Grey and Tom*

Dont think i dont notice your summoning ritual!
You can't shoot me I am a fucking T-800

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I can if it was with a Plasma Rifle!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next