Ars Diaboli
ConciliarFox
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gears stuff.... Empty Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 14:24

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

just some musings....

If you are going to play the beta next week, I highly suggest playing some Gears 2 online. The beta is a smoother version of the MP GoW2.

Lancer has stopping power (good to stop a bayonet charge)

You unlock weapon executions by getting kills with that weapon (25 lancer kills unlocks the special execution for it)

Customizing your gun isn't really deep, but it's cool

Each week, if play just ONE match (not round, a full match) you get the flame skin for a weapon (this week, it's the hammerburst, next week the lancer, then the gnasher, and sawed-off, I think) the last week is the hammerburst again (thats why I said I think about the sawed-off)

Play 10 games of TDM get Anya (most characters are unlocked in a similar way)

after unlocking Trashball Cole, play 10 games as Thrashball Cole and you get to keep the skin when the full game comes out

Play 90 matches:unlock the gold skin on the retro lancer, get 100 kills with gold retro lancer you get to keep the skin in the full game (getting the kills will be interesting)

You get ribbons for everything, so no matter how bad you do, you will get points for playing

very little lag so far, not sure if their servers are up

it's gory, it's bloody, and it's fun.

that is all, as you were....

2Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 14:41

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Will be seeing you next week, I'll add you by then. Hopefully more of the SeC will play it too.

I'll probably stay with my Hammerburst, or maybe the Retro Lancer for more close combat maps. I'll give the Lancer a shot, but chances are that I will mantain my love affair with the Hammer.

3Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 15:16

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

i've been using all three, and both shotties, no favorites yet. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone, my connection is wonky but I can still play without much issue. I played with a buddy yesterday, i can't wait for this game!

4Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 15:20

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Forgot to add:

you can spot a target by hitting the LS while aiming with the LT.

5Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 16:09

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

There will probably be changes made by Epic anyway, so once the retail game is out it will be time to re-learn the weapons.

6Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 16:10

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Awesome....spotting....so cool.
Smile

Question. Is the Sawed-off like the other weapons where you can choose it at the start of the round, or is it a pick-up weapon?

7Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:13

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

The sawed-off can be chosen as a start-up weapon. Your start-offs are Lancer, Hammerburst, or Retro-lancer, and Gnasher or Sawed-off.

8Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:29

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So sick. So can't wait.

9Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:31

Grey

Grey

"All around me are familiar faces..."

10Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:32

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Are there sprinkles on the donut?

11Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:37

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I've been playing it since yesterday, I'm not all that great at it, I think I have to adjust some settings. The spotting feature is cool, but it's only one guy at a time, but because of BC2, I'm spotting alot.

Shotties are still OP'd (my opinion) but people have started to come up with ways to counter them. I think Epic might address the balance issues. This a really polished beta, I mean it is already disc worthy. There are only 2 stages in rotation they will add more stages, and game types as the beta goes on. Only gametype so far is Team Deathmatch.

12Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 17:42

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So there is only TDM right now?

Doesn't bother me any, I only used to play Annex, so I will be spending a lot of tieme with TDM

13Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 18:06

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I'll be playing mostly Warzone. I loved that game mode, having 1 life is awesome.

The sawed-off shotty isn't too bad really, because the player HAS to be almost smelling your ass to actually kill you with it, takes a lot of time to reload and has 1 bullet.

I'm not sure about the Gnasher though. May be nerfed, may be left as is, may be buffed. No idea.

Sadly, I think that Guardian is gone... now it's Capture the Leader. Sad It should be good, but I would rather play Guardian than have to capture the enemy leader for 30 seconds. Once I play enough of it I'll be sure if it's good or not.

14Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 19:07

Khfan60

Khfan60

Im gonna go pre-order tomorrow, so I'll be playing with you guys.

15Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 19:35

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

You should.

Also what are all the characters you can choose from

16Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 19:53

Symbolic

Symbolic

I dont have a beta code Sad

17Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 20:05

Symbolic wrote:I dont have a beta code Sad
I don't either Sad

18Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 20:08

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

is it a open beta next week?
might give it a go, i like the SP GoW experience, especially Coop/horde.

not as keen on MP but its still pretty fun with friends.

19Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 20:40

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

The Plutonian wrote:You should.

Also what are all the characters you can choose from

You start off with Marcus and Dom, and Drone and savage grenadier.

You unlock more guys as you play

20Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 20:43

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Cool. Who are all the unlocks pray tell

21Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-19, 22:22

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Why don't you guys pre-order? Put 5 dollars down, get your code and you can either cancel it or pay the rest later. Unless you're like me and have none of those shops that give codes away in your city, then you're screwed Laughing

There's like 6 different characters for COG and another 6 for the Locust, but you only start with 2 of them for each faction.

Have fun guys, and see you next monday. My mic is alive, so we'll be able to communicate, if you can stand my english.

There are loads of unlocks. Weapon skins, character skins, executions for the weapons, medals, etc.

22Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-20, 08:09

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

the rest of the Gears and Locust. Only real big one is thrashball Cole, after you get him you play as him for 10 matches to keep him in retail. Once I'm on today I'll go over the characters again so I can give you names. I keep forgetting.

23Gears stuff.... Empty Re: Gears stuff.... 2011-04-20, 17:00

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Just clear up the character unlocks: You start off with Marcus and Dom, after 10 TDM matches, you unlock Anya, after 40 you get Savage Theron, after 50 you Cole Train (Thrashball Cole). 20 Capture the Leader matches you unlock Baird, 20 King of the Hill matches, you get Augutus Cole (Cole in his Gear uniform). The locust unlock in the same way, it's all generic Locusts (so far).

After you get Cole Train, play ten matches as him to keep the skin for the game

90 matches unlocks the retro lancers gold skin, 100 kills with the gold skin on the retro lancer lets you keep it for the game.

I'll get Cole for the game, not so much the gold skin for my retro lancer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum