You are not connected. Please login or register

Youre opinion on graffiti art.

+3
Erkeric
D
FuzzyWuzzy76
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Youre opinion on graffiti art. Empty Youre opinion on graffiti art. 2010-09-08, 19:50

FuzzyWuzzy76

FuzzyWuzzy76

Basically what the topic says this isnt the gang tags and crap just street art. Personally my thoughts are its abstract art but with a modern twist. I dont think it should be illegal (although I think there are places where its legal) most street art isnt obscene and actually provides a pollitical statement imo.

D

I agree with you that it is indeed art, but should limited to where it can be put.

There is a sick Ghostbusters piece near my job, I'll see if I can find a pic of it.

Erkeric

Erkeric

I can see why it is illegal in most places but some of it is pretty good.

Also my mom paints for a living and she recently painted some headboards with graffiti on them and they look interesting

Duck

Duck

It should be illegal in most places, If I own a building I don't want anyone painting on it unless they have permission. I'd put like a sign on it that says "Draw graffiti here, as long as you don't suck at it"

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Shitty graffiti taggers used to hit my business every once in a while and I'd have to re-paint. Any time I see graffiti anywhere now it makes me rage. I wish I would have caught them just once.

Unless it's actually a picture of some sort. I don't care how good it is, if it's just a name/word/slang it makes me want to beat the hell out of whoever did it.

FuzzyWuzzy76

FuzzyWuzzy76

^ I know what you mean about that crappy azz gang stuff where every letter is like barbed wire. Well there is quite a few that are beautifull imo. Here are some links.

http://www.pinspired.com/blog/2009/10/smoking-street/

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/streetart/details/21
^ Probably my favourite 'pavement art' lol Very Happy

Some wall ones

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/urban-street-art-vhils
^ not spray paint but nice effect.

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/urban-street-art-vhils
^ I dont really like the very top one but the rest are good imo.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Why cant they Just piss on trees like the rest of the Animal Kingdom

Although proper Street art is cool to look at

Same

Same

Depends about graffiti art, if it's a bunch of teens that are 1337 then.. No cause they suck mostly but if it was a pro doing the graffiti and was paid to do it, i'd like it because they look pro and it's not just some words with a crap piccur.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think the point when you stop being a Punk and actually start doing proper Art then its not really Graffiti anymore

Tags are not art, even if they're well done.
I mean yeah it takes talent, but it's almost the same as scratching your name on a bathroom stall.
If it's actually art, I can appreciate it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The Cramtron wrote:Tags are not art, even if they're well done.
I mean yeah it takes talent, but it's almost the same as scratching your name on a bathroom stall.
If it's actually art, I can appreciate it.

Yeah That's what I meant. If it's a tag, no matter how well done, the penalty should be the judge's "tag" tatooed on their freaking forehead!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You mean they Defaced Property so the Judge Defaces their Face?

I LIKE IT!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Exactly. Eye for an eye and all that.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

It sounds awesome how do we put this Law into Action

Maybe call it the Basterd Law Very Happy

Mind you the Word "ASSHOLE" tattooed on someones forehead might become like some sort of Badge of Honor among thugs

Fucking NBC removes all their clips from youtube.

I wish I could find that old sketch on SNL when Rudy Giuliani hosted, and he did the bit on graffiti tags.

Basically, his plan was to find any tags, and write "SUCKS" underneath.

If they found more than three tags, then they would hire a professional graffiti artist to write "SUCKS" in the style of their tag.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol that would have been hilarious Very Happy

FuzzyWuzzy76

FuzzyWuzzy76

Lol interesting opinions.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

We need to start our own Government but first

*Writes Khults name on a piece of Paper and Holds it up to the Camera*

Seriously man stop purposely being on the enemy team youve already got our Tags and now your just being Plain annoying

*Folds Paper in Half and Puts it in the Jug*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum