Metalzoic
Chewy
DRGN LRD 1213
Epyk MD
The Mr. E of Hat
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:35

DRGN LRD picked Black Hawk Down for the next flick. Any objections?

Also, I'm a little dissapointed with the lack of conversations here. When we created this place, there was a lot of interest.

I'll be PMing the members too by the way.

2Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:45

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

Not really a favorite of mine but I havent seen it in sooo long. I think it is a solid selection. Especially after Tropic Thunder it will kinda be a fun transfer when you think about it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Missed_A_Step/

3Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:50

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

I wont lie I completely skipped the discussion for the first movie. It was kind of confusing. From setting up the club and finalizing movies we had threads everywhere. I couldn't really figure out where it was gonna go down lol. I think we need some clear discussion designated area or something. I know it has been mentioned today about consolidating sections so things arent so confusing and whatnot so not sure on an exact solution at the moment. Guess it depends on where that discussion ends but food for thought.

As for being disappointed, yeah but it was our first go. things will get better.

4Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:52

HA, I didn't put the two together. We are sticking to a war theme. Switching from Comedy to Drama/Action though.

I don't have a classy way of selecting who will pick the next movie. Legonator had some computer selection program. I will pick whoever shows interest in choosing basically.

If anyone wants to throw out other ideas for the future, post.

And Mr Hat, I'm all about suggestions. This is kind of random, but I was hoping there would be more interaction from the members.

5Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:54

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i also admit that i was busy this weekend for obvious reasons, but good to go on this on.

6Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:55

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

We also had some drama and confusion as to what was going on with the first week. Hopefully this week we won;t see any drama! HAHA

7Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 13:56

Chewy

Chewy

Aw it's not on netflix.

Not sure if I'll be able to catch it, at least until this weekend. I got exams this week.

8Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:00

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

Well if participation is the issue at the moment I would just go off what has already been done. Those that participate in the discussion and are active in the movie club, have someone from that group pick the next movie. I would like to see all of movie club get a chance to pick a film but if they aren't actively participating it will be hard to get a film choice from them. If we have to go with selections from the same 4 people over and over again so be it but I just ask that we get a variety of themes/genres.

9Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:01

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I could repick something that is on the netflix instaview if that would be easier for everyone.

10Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:03

Chewy

Chewy

I say we just scroll through a list and send a PM to whoever is up, but if they haven't participated in the last one they don't get to choose until the next one.

EDIT: I would prefer netflix, I honestly can't see me going out and getting this one since I've already seen it twice.

11Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:07

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I kinda just picked it on a whim as its one of my favorite movies and I was hoping to push Mills into watching it. Has Mills even responded to any of these movie topics though? I'll get with Brian and maybe I will switch it up to a netflix one. I guess an important question would also be who has Netflix?

12Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:22

I'm not a Netflix guy, but I have a large collection of movies. I'm also not opposed to renting from the local redbox or video store.

Is there a place I can look at the list of movies on Netflix?

And Mills/Zombie Thor contributed over the weekend with some Comic movie debates. Though Mortal Kombat shot him down quite a bit.

13Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:27

So a list of suggestions:

Netflix movies only

Better communication (Need help with this)

Only active users choose the next movie

I sent a PM to everyone in the movie group. Though Not everyone who is posting here is even in the movie group. If you want to get a PM from me to pick the next movie, then sign up for the group. I'm not discriminating. Everyone can be included.

14Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:36

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Your next movie should be my adult film debut.

...I suggest you invest in a widescreen TV...

15Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 14:37

Ron Jeremy? That you?

16Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:12

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Yeah, I'm more inclined to watch something that's on Instawatch as I really don't go out to rent movies or anything. I do have a nice size movie collection, but I have movies behind movies behind movies, so I really don't want to dig through it. Shouldn't be too hard to get BHD though as it's the beginning of the week and by weeks end, I could have the DVD through Netflix.

17Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:14

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I just got rid of my DVD collection a few months ago. Had several hundred of the things and I'm glad they're gone.

18Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:14

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Thats cool. I'll just stick with BHD for my choice then.

19Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:16

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It is a great movie.

20Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:17

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Metalzoic wrote:I just got rid of my DVD collection a few months ago. Had several hundred of the things and I'm glad they're gone.

All....that......POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN!

21Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:18

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Wow that was alot of DVDs. I couldn;t tell you the last time I bought a DVD. Everything is available in a digital format anymore so Its just not worth it to me to have a disk taking up soace. I doubt I'll ever buy a blu ray player. Streaming is where the future is.

22Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 15:23

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Very true. Digital download/streaming is where ALL media is going whether you like it or not. Books, movies, music and yes... games.

I personally can't wait for a home console that allows me to DD all new releases.

23Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 18:29

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Honestly, I would prefer Netflix instant stream choices as well. Its easier, and that way I dont have to wait or go rent the movie.

24Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-02, 18:30

Netflix is fine with me.

25Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:05

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

So has anybody watched the movie yet?

26Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:07

I was about to post the same question.

27Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:09

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Have you watched it yet Brian?

28Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:11

29Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:12

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

So it was so good that it left you speechless.

O wait......

you didn;t watch it.

30Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:14

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

It should be a crime not to watch Black Hawk Down.

Simply one of the best action/war movies of the decade hands down.

31Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:16

I have to go rent it. I will, I will. I promise. just... LAY OFF ME!!!!

lol... I watched a different movie last night. A guy I know brought me Zombie Diaries. It was so awful. I need a good movie to wash that movie from my memory.

32Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:18

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Damn it Brian. Don;t end up like my buddy Mills! He's been telling me for a year now he was going to watch it!

Did he join the list for the movie of the week thing I never did see him p ost in here?

33Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:19

TexasMace

TexasMace

One of my all time favorite movies! I'll throw it in again even though I watched it about two months ago.

34Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 14:20

I don't see him much. He's not in the group. Nor has he asked to.

Which reminds me. We fizzled out at 10 members. 10 barely active movie club members. Anyone else want to get in on this? We need activity!

35Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-04, 16:10

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

metalzoic is guy feiri

36Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-07, 03:05

budha_monks

budha_monks

Brian wrote:I don't see him much. He's not in the group. Nor has he asked to.

Which reminds me. We fizzled out at 10 members. 10 barely active movie club members. Anyone else want to get in on this? We need activity!

What's this group about, tell me everything Smile sounds interesting. I like movies!

37Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-07, 03:23

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Brian wrote:
And Mills/Zombie Thor contributed over the weekend with some Comic movie debates. Though Mortal Kombat shot him down quite a bit.

The name's Greg.

38Movie of the Week (May 2) Empty Re: Movie of the Week (May 2) 2011-05-07, 23:50

budha_monks wrote:
Brian wrote:I don't see him much. He's not in the group. Nor has he asked to.

What's this group about, tell me everything Smile sounds interesting. I like movies!

join the Movie Group. We are working on movie stuff. If you join the group, I will PM you any new movies we decide to dissect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum