Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

MW3 is bringing stopping power back (disregard, false info)

+7
Cubist Castle
Kenshiro
Cardboard Fox
ALargeEffinFry
DRGN LRD 1213
The Adli Corporation
Ante
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern-warfare-3-files-team-perks-no-nukes-new-killstreaks

Fuck you Activision. MW3 is bringing stopping power back (disregard, false info) 2458268739

Also: "Point Guard: Every two assists count as a kill towards your killstreak."

They must WANT this game to fail.

Last edited by Ante on 2011-06-01, 17:18; edited 1 time in total

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

so i could just clip two people and get a kill?

woooooow... because thats balanced Rolling Eyes

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I like the fact that they are rewarding assists but that seems a little much.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Stopping power is a team perk, which probably means you need teamwork to enable it. We should be relatively safe.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

No dedicated servers? Fuck.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea the whole no dedicated server thing is bad! One of the few things I hate about playing BO is when the host migrates! GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Me-"Oh this poor bastard only just saw me sneaking on him, he can't possibly have the reaction time to-"

"MIGRATING HOSTS!"

Other guy *waves* "BLAMBLAMBLAM!"

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

This will be the first CoD I'm not going to buy.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I enjoy Black Ops. I didn't get MW2 so I can't comment but MW3 looks like a pass for me as well.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HUZZAH!
proud of you DL Very Happy

Zillah

Zillah

Why do they think damage multipliers are a good idea? God thts stupid.

And the assists thing sounds really dumb too.

Kitsune

Kitsune

WHHAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!!?!?!?

STOPPING POWER IS BACK?! A step backwards as it is, but OVER REWARDING FUCKING ASSISTS?! AND NO DEDICATED SERVERS?!?!?!??!?!

Well, that settles it, no way in HELL am I buying MW3. >: ( I'll get GoW3 or BF3 (or both, if lucky)

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'm sad. I like CoD! But they are taking it too pver the top it sounds like.

I do like awarding assists, but 2 assists counting towards a kill streak.... =o/ I guess it does take up a perk slot but I feel like this will encourage more camping. People sitting back and spraying and lobbing grenades for the hopes of getting some assits to stack up.

Kitsune

Kitsune

It makes me kinda sad as well; I've always liked CoD, even before CoD4 (I had Finest Hour, wish I could've tried the others). I just like the fast-paced nature of the game. But they've failed to balance everything out or fix they game like they said they would for the past 2-3 games, so I just have had enough of waiting. BF3 looks awesome though; as long as they fix the horrible hit detection, the game will probably be the best FPS on the block. Hit detection is the only thing keeping me from liking the BF series.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Call of Duty 3 had some of my favorite maps! There was one with this dam in the background and a bridge that had two level spliting the map! THis was an AWESOME map to play CTF on! There was also a map that had a town square or something and a church on one end, and a barn on the other! O MG SOOOO much fun here! Plus no perks or kill streaks to worry about.

Kitsune

Kitsune

I think customizable killstreaks are what helped kill the series, in the end. Sad

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I wish they would relese some of the old maps in the newer games so I could revist them.

Kitsune

Kitsune

I never got to play multiplayer until CoD4, but I really enjoyed Crossfire and Strike on that game.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

CoD was my first MP experience. Man it was like crack once I started! HAHA

Kitsune

Kitsune

Call of Duty is REALLY addicting, I do admit. :p

Wacco

Meh, Stopping Power never bothered me. They had it in CoD 4 which was the best one of the series, and Juggernaut too. Honestly, I think they need to simplify. CoD 4 was fun because it was more simple. Sure, add in more guns and stuff for variety, but I'm with Kitsune about customizable killstreaks. Just go back to the basics.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Yo. Read fourzerotwo's twitter and see that none of this is true.

"Lots of false #MW3 info being reported as fact. There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see."

Last edited by Shaymojack on 2011-06-01, 17:19; edited 1 time in total

Zillah

Zillah

Shaymojack wrote:Yo. Read fourzerotwo's twitter and see that none of this is true.

jus looked there and found this

"@crecenteb There is no Stopping Power period. We also have no such thing as 'team perks'. All other #MW3 MP details remain undisclosed. "

Ante

Ante

Alright, I just lost a little faith in Kotaku. Ugh.

Kitsune

Kitsune

They won't having Stopping Power...they'll have Stopping Power Pro Pro; kill anybody without aiming at them in one shot with any weapon, unlockable at lvl 1. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum