We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Graphics card

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Graphics card Empty Graphics card 2011-07-03, 16:00

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

I want to buy a good but decently priced card but i dont really know what to look for and what cards can run what games at my resolution.
Soooo when i preorder all the games i want im going into the market for a card. Any suggestions? Some that are good and you suspect will drop in price.
I just dont want to drop all thatt money on a card and also i have an open slot inside my computer. If i get another radeon card will I be able to run duel cards?

inb4newegg.com (im already there looking)

Also i come here for advice a lot and i appreciate guys and gals Thumbs up

2Graphics card Empty Re: Graphics card 2011-07-03, 16:27

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

You need to see what your motherboard supports first. To have CrossFire/SLI, your motherboard also needs to support it and have enough slots for it. If you only have 1, you can't do it since that's only 1 card you'll get in there.

Your actual power supply and CPU (so it doesn't bottleneck your card) are things you need to know too.

But just to mention some very good actual cards that have a good price:

Radeon HD 6950 or 6970 (a 2GB 6950 can be unlocked to a 6970)
GTX 500 series (once you get to the 580, it gets very expensive)

Taking those as an example, you most probably need to update your power supply to a 750W one and maybe your CPU too.

It would help if you just post your specs. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've been into this for a bit of time since I want a gaming rig myself and have learned a thing or two.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum