Dropped Da Soap
The Neverending Peter
Ron Swanson
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-07, 19:25

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

is frickin awesome! I got to try it this weekend and I loved it. I'm not a big fan of fighters. I haven't played a fighter I really liked since street fighter 2 turbo back in the late 90's, but this game just rocks. easy to pick up and play (at least for me) the moves are pretty easy to pull off. The fighting just feels crisp and clean..... except for the parts covered in blood. I might have to get it for myself.

2Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-07, 21:28

The Neverending Peter

3Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 02:09

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

GET IT! Like none of my friends play it, I need someone else to fight with

4Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 02:27

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah I really loved it, but the input lag online killed it for me. That's the only reason I got rid of it.

5Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 13:40

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I play.

Metalzoic wrote:Yeah I really loved it, but the input lag online killed it for me. That's the only reason I got rid of it.

Been fixed.

6Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 16:54

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

What Greg said. The input lag is fixed, now you just get random desynchs cause people wont download the free compatibility pack

7Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 17:13

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

We should get a SeC Hing of the Hill room going someday.

The password can be "tallness dick fetish".

8Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 19:22

Symbolic

Symbolic

I have it for PS3 and love the hell out of it. But I refuse to play online anymore. Its full of nothing but projectile and teleport spammers on PS3. So lame. Its not even fun playing people like that, and I usually beat people like that, but still get no satisfaction out of it. The fucking Sheeva trolls are the worst. Spam down up, over and over and over and over.

9Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 19:30

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Symbolic wrote:I have it for PS3 and love the hell out of it. But I refuse to play online anymore. Its full of nothing but projectile and teleport spammers on PS3. So lame. Its not even fun playing people like that, and I usually beat people like that, but still get no satisfaction out of it. The fucking Sheeva trolls are the worst. Spam down up, over and over and over and over.

I don't mind bad spammers as they're easy to mop the floor with and they usually quit.
I don't mind good zoners either, as they're challenging to adapt to and beat, the very essence of a fighting game.

10Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-08, 20:07

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Mortal Kombat wrote:We should get a SeC Hing of the Hill room going someday.

The password can be "tallness dick fetish".

Suspect

11Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 04:46

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Symbolic wrote:I have it for PS3 and love the hell out of it. But I refuse to play online anymore. Its full of nothing but projectile and teleport spammers on PS3. So lame. Its not even fun playing people like that, and I usually beat people like that, but still get no satisfaction out of it. The fucking Sheeva trolls are the worst. Spam down up, over and over and over and over.

They aren't spamming!! THEY ARE ZONING!!!
Like that one time I spamm....-er ZONED some guys beanbag as Johnny Cage with the nut punch move

Also, best password ever.

12Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 12:45

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Mortal Kombat wrote:I play.

Metalzoic wrote:Yeah I really loved it, but the input lag online killed it for me. That's the only reason I got rid of it.

Been fixed.

Dropped da Soap wrote:What Greg said. The input lag is fixed, now you just get random desynchs cause people wont download the free compatibility pack

Well that's good news. Maybe I'll pick it back up again then.
How much do the new characters cost?

13Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 16:03

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

400MSP each or 1200MSP for all of them.

14Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 16:09

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

so MK vets, what charicters do you prefer? I like Ermac, and Kratos a lot (played on PS3). I also do well with Liu Kang, Sonya Blade, Smoke, Noob, and Cyrax. So I have a bunch of different looks to throw at people.

15Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 16:53

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I play almost solely as Johnny Cage.

But I am thinking of learning to play as Quan Chi and Sheeva.

And no I won't Spa....or Zone with her Down up move.

16Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 17:32

Symbolic

Symbolic

My favorites are easily Kabal, Stryker and Jade. I destroy people online with those 3. I also love Scorpion as hes my favorite character ever, but I feel cheap using him online so I dont, same with Lui Kang. Im also really starting to love Ermac. But he seems a little OP as well. Also fuck kenshi, that is all.

17Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 18:03

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

yeah I feel bad playing my friends because I use charicters whoI think are cheap. Ermac is F'in badass but his moves are cheap because they are invisible (for the most part) and then the teleport.

Same with smoke and Liu Kang, smoke its teleport, smoke attack/air throw, and Kang is just fireball, fireball, fireball, DRAGON KICK!

18Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 18:22

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Online I tried to stick to characters I didn't see people use that often.
Stryker, Smoke, Nightwolf etc...

Not sure if they're over or under used now though.

19Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 18:29

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Stryker I have fought once online, Smoke is greatly overused, and Kabal I have fought 2 or 3 times.

20Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 18:48

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Kabal is pretty sweet, but he is a fireball spammer too. Just fireballs, that spike wheel, and the sprint. But I guess every charicter can be cheap if you utilize their moves to the full extent.

21Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-09, 18:57

Symbolic

Symbolic

Kabal has great depth, thats why he is my favorite. I just use his projectiles as space makers. Hes got some crazy combos, and my favorite special move of his is actually the hook grab. I love it.

22Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 07:53

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Kabal's all about his dash cancel into hook grab or low spikes.

As for characters being cheap, hey, it's a fighting game. If you keep falling for the same move or set up, why should I change my tactics? Adapt or lose.

The spam argument is the same old camping one as in FPS. It's redundant and BS.

23Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 18:11

Symbolic

Symbolic

Spamming is just annoying. I usually dont have a problem beating those types, except my first few times I ran into the Sheeva fuckers. Its just not fun to play someone who uses tactics like that imo. Sheeva's teleport is borderline broken. You cant block it, and have about a half a second to react. Its doable, just damn annoying IMO.

24Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:28

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Symbolic wrote:Spamming is just annoying. I usually dont have a problem beating those types, except my first few times I ran into the Sheeva fuckers. Its just not fun to play someone who uses tactics like that imo. Sheeva's teleport is borderline broken. You cant block it, and have about a half a second to react. Its doable, just damn annoying IMO.

Sheeva's teleport is easy to punish. Nowhere near broken. Those kind of Sheeva players are easy to defeat with nothing but jump kicks. A good Sheeva will use her stomps and grapples.

25Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:34

Symbolic

Symbolic

Mortal Kombat wrote:
Symbolic wrote:Spamming is just annoying. I usually dont have a problem beating those types, except my first few times I ran into the Sheeva fuckers. Its just not fun to play someone who uses tactics like that imo. Sheeva's teleport is borderline broken. You cant block it, and have about a half a second to react. Its doable, just damn annoying IMO.

Sheeva's teleport is easy to punish. Nowhere near broken. Those kind of Sheeva players are easy to defeat with nothing but jump kicks. A good Sheeva will use her stomps and grapples.

Its the only teleport in the game I struggle with. Alot of people bitch about Raiden's teleport, buy I find that the easiest to stop in the game. I dunno....wish I could play you guys though. I just hate the 360 controller for fighters.

26Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:35

TheGM

TheGM

No Kobra = No Buy.

27Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:37

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Symbolic wrote:
Mortal Kombat wrote:

Its the only teleport in the game I struggle with. Alot of people bitch about Raiden's teleport, buy I find that the easiest to stop in the game. I dunno....wish I could play you guys though. I just hate the 360 controller for fighters.

Raiden's teleport has a much faster start up and less recovery frames. Much faster than Sheeva's. I think Raiden is the hardest character in the game when used by someone good.

As for the 360 controller, it takes getting use to, but it's do-able.

28Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:37

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

TheGM wrote:No Kobra = No Buy.

I bet you want Meat and Mokap too.

29Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:42

TheGM

TheGM

Damn Right!!!!

No seriously though Kano was my guy.

But good dammit....Korba had a hoodie and that was The Shit.

Also Hsu-Hao was bosscakes.

But I'm-i'm-i'm not feeling on-line fighting games. Seems like a big a waste of time, yeah a big waste of time.

30Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:52

Symbolic

Symbolic

Kano is disappointing in this game. He is a low tier character it seems. Same goes for Baraka.......granted I could just suck with those characters in this game. But I wrecked with Kano in the old days haha.

I agree about online fighting games. They are rather hit or miss. I can however, sit around all day with a few of my buddies an play fighters all day long. Online just has so many variables.

31Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:55

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

TheGM wrote:Damn Right!!!!

But I'm-i'm-i'm not feeling on-line fighting games. Seems like a big a waste of time, yeah a big waste of time.

I'm surprised you're not feeling it. The trolling possibilities are endless.

You don't even need to do something cheap to get hatemail. Just win.

32Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 19:58

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Symbolic wrote:Kano is disappointing in this game. He is a low tier character it seems.

Never say that again. He has the fastest projectile and can outzone almost any other character, not to mention that his upball makes it near impossible to rush him down. That thing is hard to fucking punish. I got the most rage-quits using Kano than any other character.

Symbolic wrote:Same goes for Baraka.......

Not any more. They buffed him. Still not top tier, but in the right hands can be pretty fucking hard to beat.

33Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 20:06

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yea I suck with Kano then haha. Jade is becoming one of my favorites though, shes so damn fast. My online record aint to great, something like 70-45. But I win the majority of the time. Ive noticed people online in fighters are really good on PS3. I tried playing SSF4, and fucking forget it. Yet they blow horribly at FPS haha. I play Killzone 3 and people are so horrible its funny.

34Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 20:10

TheGM

TheGM

Mortal Kombat wrote:
TheGM wrote:Damn Right!!!!

I'm surprised you're not feeling it. The trolling possibilities are endless.

You don't even need to do something cheap to get hatemail. Just win.

I've played allot of them and it comes down to fighting people who spam and fail, spam and win, the occasional competent opponent, and the jugglers who are banking on getting you in the air once to win but can't do anything else. and very bad lag in every game.

Nothing beats kicking the crap out of some college kid when you are 14 in the arcade in front all his friends in Street Fighter Alpha 3 with Dan.

I miss arcades....

35Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 20:11

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Those were the days. Now people hide and whine behind anonymity. The best bet is to befriend one the competant ones and use them as a sparring partner.

36Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-10, 20:18

TheGM

TheGM

Mortal Kombat wrote:Those were the days. Now people hide and whine behind anonymity. The best bet is to befriend one the competant ones and use them as a sparring partner.

Yeah. in a Aracde you could just talk them down. If it is a buddy or sibling on the couch and they want to be cheap you can always punch them in the arm.

and on-line you can just disconnect since that is pretty much how every fight I was winning in these games ended with the other guy leaving.

37Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-11, 09:22

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BtBDredoS_w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BtBDredoS_w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

38Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-11, 11:45

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mortal-kombat/video/6323167/mortal-kombat--rain-official-trailer

39Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-11, 20:05

Symbolic

Symbolic

Fuck yea! Were getting Rain? My dreams were answered! Better than fucking Kenshi.

40Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-11, 20:20

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

He looks good too and to be honest, I was never a Rain fan.

41Mortal Kombat!!! Empty Re: Mortal Kombat!!! 2011-07-11, 21:39

razelas

razelas

So who here plays on the 360? Check my sig for my GT and send me and invite. I'm always looking for people to spar with.

I don't care about winning or losing, I just want to feel the adrenaline rush of an intense match. I don't spam/button mash, and I'd rather lose than lower myself to that level.

I'm fairly competent with Sub-Zero (including the robot), Scorpian, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Cyrax, Sector, Smoke and Noob Saibot (no teleport spam, at least not intentionally).

I'm currently learning Reptile and Kano.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum