Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virginia Tech. Biggest bust this season?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Va Tech is the reason preseason polls are shit. Either that or James Madison should be in the top 25. Sorry Boise State, you need to prove your worth elsewhere....

On another note, who else here is a college football fan? Bama Psycho I know for sure. Is it just him and I?

Majora1988

Majora1988

Nope. Me too, I'm a big time Notre Dame fan.

My Irish got shredded by UM last week, though so I'm not happy. I will say that Robinson looks like a really, really good player. Though that may just be because the Irish are still really, really bad at Defense.

ND will get back to where they need to be. Kelly is a good coach.

Majora1988

Majora1988

Back to the topic at hand, Boise must be pretty pissed that Va Tech crapped the bed against JMU, they were planning to hang their hats on that victory all year, and now they are going to have no big victories to propel them to the BCS title game.

Oregon State is the best on their schedule now. And that's not exactly BCS worthy. But the media loves Boise. I'd imagine if the remain unbeaten they'll be in a BCS bowl if not the title game.

Maybe this will push things towards a playoff system.

Majora1988

Majora1988

That would be nice. I think we should have a 4 team playoff for college football, it seems like the best compromise. Most years, there really won't be more than 4 deserving teams for the national championship, and it allows for teams from the smaller conferences to get in, while not devaluing the regular season.

Strength of Schedule need to be a factor again too. Too many teams playing cupcakes in their non-conference schedule.

Majora1988

Majora1988

No kidding. SEC teams in the past have been the most guilty of this, and this year Texas is extremely guilty. They play Rice, Wyoming, UCLA, and Florida Atlantic.

Texas always play a week non-conference. However, they did play Ohio State a few years back. They have USC scheduled in the future too. Still, this year is garbage.

You think ND will beat MSU? I have money on ND.

Majora1988

Majora1988

As long as Crist stays healthy, yes. Notre Dame is a bad situation this year, because Weis decided that it was a good idea to not recruit a QB for the 2009 season. Because Clausen left early, it left Crist(a 5 star QB) Nate Montana (A walk-on) and Tommy Rees(A true freshman)

Notre Dame scored all of its 24 points against UM with Crist in the game. Crist had an Eye injury after the first series which knocked him out for the first half. The two back-ups combined for 2 key interceptions which led to UM points.

In all, I think the Irish will likely cover the 3.5 point spread, but only if Crist stays healthy. If Montana comes in, kiss your money good-bye.

Now I agree with you that Kelly will get it turned around at some point, but I think we'll see a year much like Florida's, Alabama's, Oklahoma's, USC's, or Texas' in their first years with their good coaches. Something like 7-5/8-4/9-3 with the team playing much better in the second half of the year than the first half.

It was tough being a Sooner fan in the 90's. Have faith.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum