We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantasy Football #1 pick....

+2
DRGN LRD 1213
Ron Swanson
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fantasy Football #1 pick.... Empty Fantasy Football #1 pick.... 2011-07-26, 14:12

... Carson Palmer. Seriously. Pass on Peterson. Palmer is the way to go.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Where is Carson even going to play? he swears it won't be Cincy, so he has to go somewhere and then he has to establish a rytehm with his new offense. I'm skeptical.

Peterson is the offense in Min. Of course everyone know this and he will see stacked Defenses as a result. I'm not sure either of them gets my first pick. I can't even think of who I would want.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Buwahahahaha

Are you kidding me.

Carson just pisses me off.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

how many games has he missed in the last 4 seasons? If I recall correctly its been quite a few. Of course he was a badass before he got his knee hurt in that playoff game.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

You hit the nail on the head Terry. He was a badass QB. He hasn't been the same since that injury and I don;t hink he ever will be.

I used to be a fan of his but with his latest hissy fit I am ready for him to move on from the Bengals.

Cincy said they won't trade him. So if he walks the walk, he will retire.

Symbolic

Symbolic

cant stand this guy

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I unserstand wanting out. It's not like Cincy has had a good team since the 80's. And don't claim that playoff team he got hurt on was very good. they couldn't stop anybody.

He just doesnt like Cincinnatti in general. I'm curious to see how it all turns out. I think there will be offers for him even though Cincy said they wont trade.

Symbolic

Symbolic

So Cal douche bag

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HA Thats a little extreme they Sym.

THe guy was a great player. He's just done.

Could be worse. He could be a buckeye =op

Oh shit!

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Well, looks like Palmer will retire. Mike Brown won't "reward" him with a trade, which means unless the Bengals make a big play in free agency, they are going to start Andy Dalton(sp?) without big recievers. Chad Ochocinco is most likely gone since they won't pay him what he wants, and he doesn't want to stay in Cincy. He hates Marvin Lewis.

D

Bengals organization seems like a mess. I don't blame any player for wanting to leave.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Mike Brown kills the Bengals.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

He's extremely cheap. He needs to put out alot of money to meet the 99% of the $120mil salary cap

Dalton could turn out pretty well. What's with Cincy and Red Headed QBs???

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I'm more concerned about the weapons he'll have since TO is gone, and Ochocinco maybe gone. I like Shipley, but I'm not sure if he is a #1 WR

Roy Williams? Dallas is dropping him.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Dallas dropped ALOT of people, so did the Ravens. I know Dallas needs to get below the cap, but I think they want to take a shot for Nnamdi Asomugha.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Oh Yeah!!!

Tavarius Jackson will be signing with Seattle, meaning that Matt Hasslebeck won;t be re-signed by Seattle.

So who is the QB at Minnesota? Did they draft Ponder? Or was it Locker?

Zillah

Zillah

I felt bad for Minnesota last year... One disaster after another it seemed like.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Minn. QB's are Christian Ponder, and Joe Webb so far, I think they may be making a play after McNabb, Young, or Hasslebeck: but Hasslebeck seems likely to go to the Titans.

Hmm.... I don't really like any of those three at Minnesota. I guess Hasselbeck is the best of the three in my opinion.

D

Some info about Mike Brown's tenure with the Bengals:

Since Brown became owner, the team has had only 2 winning seasons
out of 20 and has a winning percentage of .361 (115-204-1) in the
regular season and .000 (0-2) in the playoffs.[24] In 2008, the Bengals
set a record for the most games needed under one specific owner to
attain 100 wins (288). In 2010, the team set a record for the least
games needed to lose 200 (both considering and not considering playoffs)
under one specific owner (314).[25]

The Bengals hold a number of
distinctions for the time frame of Brown's ownership: It is the only
team with three nine-game-or-more losing streaks.[26] It also holds six
of the twenty-five 0-6 starts (24%)[27] and four of the thirteen 0-8
starts (31%) in that time.[28] The Bengals have gone winless in October
eight different times in twenty years under five different head coaches
(Sam Wyche was originally hired by Paul Brown).

The most
successful coach during Mike Brown's tenure is current coach Marvin
Lewis with a .465 winning percentage (60-69-1). The Bengals won the AFC
North Division in 2005 and 2009 (then losing to the division rival
Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets respectively).

Yeah, I'd leave also.

I think whatever team gets McNabb gets a steal. I still think the guy can produce. I think he may have been hamstrung a bit in Washington. Going from basically the 2 extremes of coaching styles and environment could is what probably made the difference for him last year. Minnesota's coach seems to be more of a player's coach so if this goes through then I think Minnesota will be the team to watch this year.

I like Hasslebeck, but injuries could be an issue, dude is pretty banged up these days. Good quarterback though and I was hoping that the Niner rumors were true, but alas Alex Smith was signed on for a year so I think the door for any QB move via FA is out of the question for SF now unless...

They go for Vince Young. Young could be great, but drama.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum