Ron Swanson
ALargeEffinFry
DRGN LRD 1213
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halo Reach Question?? Empty Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:34

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ok so I have never played any of the Halo games at all. I see a lot of people have migrated over so I have been considering getting this game. Will I be tottaly lost playing the campaign and not have a clue what is going on. Also mt FPS experience has been COD and now Battlefield BC2. Am I going to get owned playin MP in this game? I watched a vid on youtube and this guy picked up some sork of blue hand blade and seemed to rape the enemy with it? Are there a bunch of OP items? On the fence because my fun money is just about non existent at this point so I want to buy my new game wisely and this will likely be it till xmas.

2Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:44

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

You wont be lost on SP cause this is before halo1-3, and depending on the map/gametype, you can shose a different "class" with different guns/armor abilities. Idk really know about MP yet havent played it since the beta and just finished Sp not long ago.

3Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:46

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ahh so you do have diferent load outs to choose from? Thats good if so because I thought in halo everyone had the same shit at the begining and had to find stuff on the battlefield.

4Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:50

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Thats how 2-3 were. In this, you can only be Spartans unless your playing invasion(spartans defend against elites) or elites vs elites. and you can chose from like and AR+sprint, or DMR(single shot) and whatever ability goes with it. I think the abilities are armor lock, sprint, jet pack, active camo, and drop shield.

5Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:52

I'd imagine, being familiar with the older games would help a little, but none of the games are difficult to follow really. The story is usually simple. But still fun!

6Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:53

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

See you lost me there with the spartans and elites.

7Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:57

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Haha spartans are the badass good guys, elites are the even more badass bad guy aliens. They have more shields, move faster, and are bigger than spartans, they also only have active camo, roll, and jetpack abilities i think.

8Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:58

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I am excited though because after doing some surveys I have a $25 gift card to gamestop in the mail. So as soon as that hits the box I can go buy the game. I've always preffered shooters like COD using real guns versus the sci fi type of shooter. I was figuring on getting MOH but to be honest it hasn't really got me excited. THe reason I am wanting to get Reach is because a lot of the guys here have got it and I like playing with yall so I want to carry over as well. Just nervous I am not going to like it.

9Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 15:58

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

What weapons abilities do the spartans get?

10Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:00

Haven't played Reach yet, but I'd imagine it's all the same from before.
Spartans are the good guys. Elites are the alien bad guys. Hunters are big ass bad guys. Grunts are little ass bad guys. Brutes are the monkey ass bad guys.

That about covers it.

11Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:05

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Mills gots it down.

Spartans get sprint, jetpack, armor lock, and im not sure but i think drop shield and active camo.

12Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:09

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

there are different loadouts persay. basically you get to chose between the different abilities (sprint, jet pack, holgram, active camo, aromor lock up) but the same guns. you don't useually get to chose between assault rifle, semi auto, shotgun, ect.

Oh and DL just so you know the MP is pretty hard. At one point I considered myself a badass Halo 3 guy, but that was 2+ years ago. when I play free for all on Reach I might win 10-20% of the time. So yeah I think it's though

13Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:12

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Terry, Have you played MP on reach? What are your thoughts?

So you always have a AR and have to find say a shotty on the field somewhere?

Also can you explain these camo, sprint, jet pack perks?

14Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:15

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

camo makes you invisible while standing still, if you move, it becomes less effective, and it jams everyones radars, sprint lets you, well, sprint for a short amount of time, jet pack lets you fly for a short amount of time, but save some fuel for the landing, or else you get hurt.

15Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:16

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Jet packs sound fun. Camo could be fun as well but I'm not a sit still kinda guy.

16Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:23

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Well the slower you move the better it works. And it makes everything real quiet. And it goes away for a while when you shoot.

17Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:25

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'm starting to fall off the fence to the buy side. Still not 100% convinced. What about this forge deal where you make your own maps. This sounds pretty sweet and I would think would keep the game fresh.

18Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:26

Hey I can see your sig again DL!

19Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:27

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Woot! Just like magic!

20Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:29

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sprint is just what it sounds like a short 7-10 second burst of speed. (generally the most helpful, but kinda lame)
Hologram can be directed to run to a spot, meaning you aim your crosshairs press LB and it will take of running to that spot (not as effective as it sounds)
Jet pack lets you fly for a short while (draws a LOT of fire)
Armor lock up makes you invincible for about 8 seconds, but you can't move or shoot (good for team battles, can buy you time for help to come)
Active camo makes you hard to see but only if you don't move (camping anyone?) but also makes you radar not work

21Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 16:54

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ok I just watched a vid on that forgeworld and that is fucking awesome! I used to love making maps back in the Starcraft days so I am sure I would love just sitting around and making maos on this thing!

22Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:27

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well I bought it and I'm still on the fence about it. It can be fun, it has a lot of modes and content. The actual gameplay mechanics are pretty old school:

Camera-on-a-stick with a gun. Ducking is useless, bunny hopping a constant. Tons of bullets to kill somebody. 50%+ of the fights are strafe each other while shooting then melee, repeat. If you know where the big guns are you have a serious advantage. The objective modes are super weak, and pale even compared to domination in CoD. Some of the worst game=-menu layouts ever in a game. One of the worst Hud's in terms of presenting information. The maps are basically just small deathmatch style tunnel/platform areas or big empty fields of grass with rocks and sparse trees. Very little detail in anything at all.

Horrible lack of instruction. Unless it's straight up slayer (DM) you'll have no idea what to do in a mode. I keep the instruction book next to me so I can look up a game type before the match starts but even that barely helps.

I've got several hours in on the MP and still don't understand how the radar works, what makes you appear on it, how you know which challenges are daily/weekly... to much to list here actually.

Like I said it can be fun, but just thinking about how weak most of it is pisses me off.

Edit: This might sum it up for you. Almost every game I yell at my TV "HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT EVEN WORK" or "WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON" or "WHERE THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GO".

23Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:38

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I had to keep the instruction book nearby as well. Though I have played a lot of Halo, I haven't played most of these game types

24Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:48

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I still don't understand some of them completely, and trying to find the goal locations is a bitch! They don't show up on radar just a tiny faint on screen arrow... I get killed just trying to figure out which direction to go most of the time.

Don't get me started on only being able to sprint if I have that ability. You move so damn slow without it.

Oddball: Does the guy holding it have a super powerful melee attack? The book and game say nothing about it but they seem to.

Also how does the radar work? Are you always on it?

25Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:54

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Wow thanks for the detailed response Metal!! I may have to reconsider my purchase because that sounds frustrating to me. Really the only way to run is with sprint ability otherwise you only walk???? SUCK!

26Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:56

StormEye

StormEye

Well, you are running, just not sprinting. Kind of like the run speed in Counter-Strike.

27Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:57

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Never played counter strike.

Metal you going to be on live in a half hour? If so wanna play BC2?

28Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:57

StormEye

StormEye

You have not played CS?!?!?

Halo Reach Question?? B0053949_474552

29Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:58

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I would say the "walk" speed is the run speed of BC2. Maybe.

I never played CS either....never heard of it until 4 years ago....

Last edited by xsilentshooterx on 2010-09-17, 20:59; edited 1 time in total

30Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:58

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ummmm no........???

I'd ask you to get on for BC2 Storm but I know your connection is for crap right now.

31Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 20:58

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah, well more of a jog but it feels SLOW.
I really recommend you rent it first.

32Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:00

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Metal you going to be on live in a half hour? If so wanna play BC2?

I might be on later tonight and I will happily take Reach out for some BC2.

33Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:00

StormEye

StormEye

Halo Reach Question?? ISP
Halo Reach Question?? Hayate2_02_01

34Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:01

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I don't have a rental place. Well there is Blockbuster but I think I am banned because they said I owed them money for some vid that I never rented and I pretty much told the manager to fuck off I'm not paying for something I never rented.

35Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:02

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I swear some people just want to make a quick buck its sad.

36Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:02

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Bummer... Call Gamestop and see if they have any used ones, then return it within 7 days.

37Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-17, 21:03

StormEye

StormEye

Metalzoic wrote:Bummer... Call Gamestop and see if they have any used ones, then return it within 7 days.
That is what I would suggest too.

38Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-18, 22:27

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'll sell you mine for $40 once I force myself to finish the campaign.

39Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-18, 22:44

Wacco

I personally am really enjoying Reach so far. I got it last night, and only played some campaign and a lot of multiplayer. I don't find it that frustrating really. The objective modes aren't too difficult, although Invasion is still mildly confusing to me. The games almost too simple to be complicated IMO. Firefight is fun, forgeworld is awesome, and generally I think it's a really good game to play with friends.

40Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-18, 23:13

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Wacco wrote: The games almost too simple to be complicated IMO. Firefight is fun, forgeworld is awesome, and generally I think it's a really good game to play with friends.

I agree with the simple part, but I think thats what I don't like, the lack of tactics.
It takes so long to kill somebody and shields regenerate so fast that you have to keep pressure on them to get the kill. You can't really flank or cat-&-mouse them because by that time they have full shields and you're back to square one.

Firefight is probably the most fun of the modes, but I've only tried it single player.

All the forge levels I've downloaded look basically the same with a different layout. When I went into forgeworld I flew around it and was really disappointed to find that all the interesting looking areas above the tree-line on the mountain are out of bounds (unless it is usable somehow)... What the hell?

41Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-18, 23:49

Wacco

Yea, I was somewhat disappointed by the forge world size. It's a big map, but they publicized it as being HUGE. I was expecting bigger and with more variety.

42Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-19, 00:46

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Definitely. But why make it so half of the mountain they did build you can't use?

43Halo Reach Question?? Empty Re: Halo Reach Question?? 2010-09-19, 11:47

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i thought it was small too. i though like bigger than a bc2 rush map, but it seemed kinda normall

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum