Patrick Star
ALargeEffinFry
Kyuubey
TheGM
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1You happy with halo reach? Empty You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:21

Now everyone knows my views of reach I was just wondering what you guys now think of reach now.

Stay ON TOPIC

Last edited by T-800 on 2010-10-18, 21:04; edited 1 time in total

2You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:24

TheGM

TheGM

I played it for 2 hours and then never again.

3You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:25

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I'm enjoying it. I don't understand why everyone here hates it.

4You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:25

The game is fine, as it actually takes skill to play. No chopper whoring/noob tubing/bull shitting your way through this game.

5You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:28

TheGM

TheGM

Higurashi wrote:I'm enjoying it. I don't understand why everyone here hates it.
I felt like Iwas wading through a pool a jello while lugging a 1246pnd boulder on my back, all the while feeling very meh about the whole thing.

I can tell people why I don't like it. but they can never tell me why they do.

6You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:30

Lol..because it's actually balanced and you have to aim well to get kills?...:/

7You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:33

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Well you do have a super suit of armor and maybe reach has more gravity than earth...

But seriously, I like it. I didn't like H3 cause at the time I was a hardcore CoD player. But reach just feels different. I like the custamization options in halo though. And customs were the only reason I really played H3, but I haven't really played customs in reach yet.

8You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:34

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Lol..because it's actually balanced and you have to aim well to get kills?...:/

lol....no steve. Skill in halo......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anybody can aim with super Glue assist and no recoil.

The only cool thing halo every got right was the inpromtu warthog chases. With the all the crap Reach added it feels like a half-assed attempt at Startsiege Tribes......So I would rather play that!

9You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:38

Too bad the aim assist isn't as bad as CoD...and BC2 has only a little less. Everything in Halo involves fighting with the same weapon, or actually having to work for a power weapon, not just some asshole that spawns with the rocket launcher/sniper rifle everytime, like the BC2 equivalent of spawning with the AN-94/M416/M16 every time, and vehicles are actually fightable.

Oh, btw, look at the stats of every vehicle whore, and then tell that vehicles in BC2 aren't cheap.

Last edited by Kitsune no Kaji on 2010-10-18, 19:43; edited 1 time in total

10You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:42

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

i played like 3 hours total never again i want meh money back but i gots no receipt Sad

11You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:44

Crimson Exitus

Crimson Exitus

DELETED

12You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:50

TheGM

TheGM

All consolse FPS have super glue assits to me, So I don't wanna hear shit bout auto-aim since they all have it.

H3 broke down to who could hit B first while shooting and jumping around. and if thought you are going to die you jump and toss a grenade at the ground....because that is what you do.

Reach added sprint which boosts your speed up to "Normal" but after 10 seconds you are back to turtle again.

What did it was the crap maps. One level forced me to waddle my "slower then Stephen Hawkings in a foot race" ass across 100 yards of open ground with the enemy shooting at me the entire way. I am of course now made into a Elite, who happens to have one big ass noggin, and in stead of spinrting, hops 4ft, stops, then lets you move. FUNS!

So I put it down and went and played Mega Man Legneds, where I need to grind to get the ultimate weapon, The "Shining Laser" upgraded and time better spent on a game that isn't meh.

Last edited by TheGM86 on 2010-10-18, 19:55; edited 1 time in total

13You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:53

TheGM86 wrote:All consolse FPS have super glue assits to me, So I don't wanna hear shit bout auto-aim since they all have it.

H3 broke down to who could hit B first while shooting and jumping around. and if thought you are going to die you jump and toss a grenade at the ground....because that is what you do.

Reach added sprint which boosts your speed up to "Normal" but after 10 seconds you are back to turtle again.

What did it was the crap maps. One level forced me to waddle my "slower then Stephen Hawkings in a foot race" ass across 100 yards of open ground with the enemy shooting at me the entire way. I am of course now made into a Elite, who happens to have one big ass noggin, and in stead of spinrting, hops 4ft, stops, then lets you move. FUNS!

So I put it down and went and played Mega Man Legneds, where I need to grind to get the ultimate weapong, The "Shining Laser" upgraded and time better spent on a game that isn't meh.

Play the first SOCOM U.S. Navy seals. You move fairly slow, take 2 shots and die on any difficulty past the first playthrough, and there's zero aim assist if you turn it off, or it's completely disable once you beat through the game once, enemies can snipe you through fog that you can't see through, and if your whole team dies, you fail the 1-3 hour mission, and have to completely restart (not to mention there's no way to heal). That was a FPS that actually required skill.

14You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 19:59

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:All consolse FPS have super glue assits to me, So I don't wanna hear shit bout auto-aim since they all have it.

So I put it down and went and played Mega Man Legneds, where I need to grind to get the ultimate weapong, The "Shining Laser" upgraded and time better spent on a game that isn't meh.

Play the first SOCOM U.S. Navy seals. You move fairly slow, take 2 shots and die on any difficulty past the first playthrough, and there's zero aim assist if you turn it off, or it's completely disable once you beat through the game once, enemies can snipe you through fog that you can't see through, and if your whole team dies, you fail the 1-3 hour mission, and have to completely restart (not to mention there's no way to heal). That was a FPS that actually required skill.
I'd play it.

15You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:00

TheGM

TheGM

T-800 wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:*Snip*

I'd play it.

Totally.

16You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:01

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It can be fun at times, but overall I don't really like it. The only reason I still have it is because I want to finish co-op campaign with DL.

I can see why other people like it though, it's just not for me anymore. Maybe I'm just Halo'd out.

DrBob wrote:No chopper whoring/noob tubing/bull shitting your way through this game.

I think both games have an equal share of this. Both have vehicles, but Halo also has power weapons scattered about. If you know where those are you have a big advantage, plus you can use them on foot and camp with them. Really no different than the vehicles in BC2. In both games if you get to it first you have an advantage.

As far as Noob tubing I'd say the grenades in Halo are a bit more effective than the grenades/launcher in BC2. Then you have the plasma launcher that homes, the rocket launcher etc...

17You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:06

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:The game is fine, as it actually takes skill to play. No chopper whoring/noob tubing/bull shitting your way through this game.
Have you seen the falcon on spire?

18You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:08

Lol, I thought you liked "challenging" games GM? xD

Also, they at least have to get them first, not spawn with them.

And the Falcon isn't that bad, just use your sniper on it, or the focus rifle, or EMP it with the grenade launcher/plasma pistol, or focus BR's on it or the gunner, etc, etc, etc. Vehicles are very easy to combat and destroy in Halo (minus the Scorpion)

19You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:12

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Lol, I thought you liked "challenging" games GM? xD

Elaborate on this more, would you kindly.

20You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:13

Btw, just for you guys, maybe I'll beat through the game once, then show you how difficult the game is on a higher difficulty. It's ridiculous. If you get shot with a sniper in the gut, you'll fall over, and they can shoot you again, and again, or his buddies will run up and rifle butt your face and kill you. Enemies wait around corners, so if you don't peek carefully, they'll shoot your face, and you'll instantly die. Oh, and snipers can also one shot you to the chest/head (this is campaign). Enemies are realistically accurate, and will take you out with 2 shots from an AK/LMG/SMG and actually know how to burst fire their weapons effectively.

Mind you, this is only the second playthrough, the next playthrough, if you can even beat the 2nd one, will be even MORE difficult.

To elaborate: You said games have too much auto-aim, take no skill, so I've found a PERFECT game for you to play, because it takes lots of skills. It's one of my favourite games on the first playthrough that I've ever played....minus the 2nd playthrough, where I broke a PS2 controller because I threw it at the ground as hard as I possibly could, probably a total of 500+ times.

21You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:17

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Btw, just for you guys, maybe I'll beat through the game once, then show you how difficult the game is on a higher difficulty. It's ridiculous. If you get shot with a sniper in the gut, you'll fall over, and they can shoot you again, and again, or his buddies will run up and rifle butt your face and kill you. Enemies wait around corners, so if you don't peek carefully, they'll shoot your face, and you'll instantly die. Oh, and snipers can also one shot you to the chest/head (this is campaign). Enemies are realistically accurate, and will take you out with 2 shots from an AK/LMG/SMG and actually know how to burst fire their weapons effectively.

Mind you, this is only the second playthrough, the next playthrough, if you can even beat the 2nd one, will be even MORE difficult.

To elaborate: You said games have too much auto-aim, take no skill, so I've found a PERFECT game for you to play, because it takes lots of skills. It's one of my favourite games on the first playthrough that I've ever played....minus the 2nd playthrough, where I broke a PS2 controller because I threw it at the ground as hard as I possibly could, probably a total of 500+ times.
i would try to find it if I had a ps2.

22You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:18

TheGM

TheGM

Bah Rainbow Six was harder.

23You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:19

I will post gameplay after I'm done posting DC2. I'll just do the first playthrough though, I guess. The game is NOT fun to play past the first difficulty.

And I've played Rainbow Six, and no, it was not harder than this game. This game makes Rainbow Six look like Viva Pinata, much like the OoT Water Dungeon makes the Twilight Princess water dungeon look.

24You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:20

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:I will post gameplay after I'm done posting DC2. I'll just do the first playthrough though, I guess. The game is NOT fun to play past the first difficulty.

And I've played Rainbow Six, and no, it was not harder than this game. This game makes Rainbow Six look like Viva Pinata, much like the OoT Water Dungeon makes the Twilight Princess water dungeon look.
Start thinking real rainbow six.

25You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:21

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:I will post gameplay after I'm done posting DC2. I'll just do the first playthrough though, I guess. The game is NOT fun to play past the first difficulty.

OoT water dungeon was easy and fun I do not understand all the whining about it.

26You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:21

I know, and it's still not nearly as difficult as this game.

27You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:22

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:I know, and it's still not nearly as difficult as this game.
I really wish I could play the game now.

28You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:23

TheGM

TheGM

Sure.....And quit ducking the question.

T-800 wrote:

OoT water dungeon was easy and fun I do not understand all the whining about it.

lolz you lack teh Skillzes.

29You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:27

Ducking what question?

30You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:28

Also, the reason why you probably don't like Reach is because you are probably one of those guys that sprays bullets everywhere praying you get a kill, like in BC2... >_>

31You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:32

TheGM

TheGM

This question.

TheGM86 wrote:

And I take it back. this was the most wrong wrong I've read since the bible. Dude really is that all you got. Since when did only sucking make you think a game was bad. I didn't suck at reach and still thought it was reall sub-par game.

I'll let the spary n' pray pass, since you obviously have no idea about how I play since you never had the privelage to do so.

32You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:33

Ante

Ante

It seems like you both irrationally hate/hate on each others respective game.

But for the record, I don't like Halo. The lack of ADS and the bunny hopping just kills it for me. Plus I just prefer realistic war settings with real guns.

33You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:34

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

TheGM86 wrote:This question.

TheGM86 wrote:

And I take it back. this was the most wrong wrong I've read since the bible. Dude really is that all you got. Since when did only sucking make you think a game was bad. I didn't suck at reach and still thought it was reall sub-par game.

I'll let the spary n' pray pass, since you obviously have no idea about how I play since you never had the privelage to do so.

You happy with halo reach? 472

34You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:35

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:This question.

TheGM86 wrote:

You happy with halo reach? 472

^wat?
And that sounds a little harsh.

35You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:37

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I was referring to the Bible comment...

36You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:38

TheGM

TheGM

You ever read the bible. that book is fucked up.

37You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:38

Reach is just fine, tbqh. There is no reason to hate it unless:

A.) You're mentally deficient.
B.) You're a fanboy/just want to hate it, because it's Halo.
C.) Suck at it.

Those are the only rational reasons I can see to hate Reach, really.

38You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:39

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Reach is just fine, tbqh. There is no reason to hate it unless:

C.) Suck at it.

Kitsune you are going a little to far now....

39You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:41

TheGM

TheGM

T-800 wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Reach is just fine, tbqh. There is no reason to hate it unless:

C.) Suck at it.

Kitsune you are going a little to far now....

Yeah him talking about being rational is like me talking about life as a Asian school girl.

40You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:43

No, I'm perfectly rational. And there's no real reason to hate it; it has good gunplay, takes more skill than most FPS today, has decent graphics, solid controls, and updates the Halo franchise. There's nothing glaringly wrong with it, so hating it should be out of the question.

41You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:43

Ante

Ante

I'm gonna have to side with GM on this one... Maybe this thread should get locked though? Getting a little out of hand.

42You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:45

ante87 wrote:I'm gonna have to side with GM on this one... Maybe this thread should get locked though? Getting a little out of hand.
Well look at that there is no mods online and I can not lock my own thread.

43You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:46

TheGM

TheGM

The best part is he thinks I hate halo. when I just find it to be very boring.

44You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:48

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:No, I'm perfectly rational. And there's no real reason to hate it; it has good gunplay, takes more skill than most FPS today, has decent graphics, solid controls, and updates the Halo franchise. There's nothing glaringly wrong with it, so hating it should be out of the question.
How about horrid maps, very few iconic halo weapons in mp, the dmr beats everything pretty much, sniper overpowered to an extent, plus a ton of issues dealing with hit detection and spawns? I actually love halo 3 and wish I did not sell it for reach. Sad

45You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:49

Erkeric

Erkeric

Honestly who gives a shit who likes a game and who doesnt if its going to make a bitch fest between the two.

Someone doesnt like Halo so big deal. Its their opinion and they are entitled to it. And liking halo is not bad either.

If you couldnt get past the first level of hello kitty island adventure then you probably wouldnt like the game so big deal if someone sucks at it and that makes them not like it.

Honestly the story of halo is pretty good and the single player is pretty cool. But the gameplay and multiplayer are kind of meh for me.

46You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:50

Same

Same

T-800 wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:No, I'm perfectly rational. And there's no real reason to hate it; it has good gunplay, takes more skill than most FPS today, has decent graphics, solid controls, and updates the Halo franchise. There's nothing glaringly wrong with it, so hating it should be out of the question.
How about horrid maps, very few iconic halo weapons in mp, the dmr beats everything pretty much, sniper overpowered to an extent, plus a ton of issues dealing with hit detection and spawns? I actually love halo 3 and wish I did not sell it for reach. Sad

I say we report someone for being too ontopic!
But yeah, what T800 is true on some points. The sniper isn't overpowered I think, JUST 2 shot no matter what unless shield is down.

We need this topic closed nao.

47You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:52

The only maps and spawns that are horrid are the Invasion ones. The DMR doesn't beat everything; the Magnum will beat the DMR in CQC, especially with melee, hit detection has been fine for me unless I was lagging (want bad hit detection? Go to BC2). The Sniper has ALWAYS been overpowered in Halo games; it's actually the least overpowered in this one, because of the spread. The weapons actually feel balanced in this one. Halo 3, all it was, was BR, and nothing else.

And no, because I actually enjoy a game, and everybody pretty much calls it shit, it's going to piss me off after a while, especially when they praise a game that has 10's of 100's of problems and balance issues, when Halo is clearly superior from a development point of view. So no, I'm not going to just sit here and let people insult things that I like anymore.

48You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:53

Chewy

Chewy

I haven't played the hell out of it since I've been playing ME2, but I've been happy with it so far. Armor lock could use some toning down and maybe the grenades too, but those are my only problems with it.

And the reason people get annoyed when someone says they don't like Halo is because people tend to be very vocal about not liking it. Like whenever people are discussing it there's always someone who has to throw in their 2 cents about how much they think it sucks. Just gets annoying after a while.

49You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:54

TheGM

TheGM

And I am not going to let you keep ducking the question dammit! or maybe I am....*shifty eyes*

50You happy with halo reach? Empty Re: You happy with halo reach? 2010-10-18, 20:56

Duck

Duck

I disagree Bob/Steve (Hey MY name is steve too...)

I think it's perfectly rational to dislike Reach. I mean if you just don't like futuristic settings, not being able to ADS, not spawning with your weapon of choice, etc. If you didn't like any one of those things Reach would probably be a big turn off for you. In fact, i think it would be pretty much impossible to make a game no one hated.

I also think Halo Vehicles on average are more cheap than Battlefield vehicles.

Small Vehicles: Mongoose vs Quad, about the same
Medium: Warthog, Ghost, vs Humvee, no contest, Ghosts and Warthogs are actually good at killing things and you can't do anything to beat them unless you find a rocket launcher or they get close enough to hijack, which is hard to do in Halo. In Battlefield all you get is a crappy unprotected 50 cal gun and you get blown up by the first guy who spawns with a rocket launcher.
Large: Scorpian Tank vs Heavy Tank/Light Tank. Heavy Tank, no contest. Scorpian tanks have much much more splash damage than BF tanks and BF tanks are at the mercy of landmines, C4, and players with explosives can hide easily the way BF is. Light tanks are pretty good at killing people, but I don't think as much as the scorpian.
Flying: Battlefield helicopters are much harder to kill and better at killing than anything in Halo, I'll give it that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum