We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have really great news

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I have really great news Empty I have really great news 2011-08-14, 00:05

Grey

Grey

Maybe none of you care. I was in the Plasma bank to sell my plasma and a guy saw me reading my 40k rule book. We started talking and he told me about this game shop that has people that play 40k. So I went there today, and the place was magnificent. It had a "Dungeon" for all your TCGs, had great arcade games set up, it also had some consoles and PCs hooked up to large TVs that you rented. Shit was awesome. It also had a table set up for 40k. There was a guy there who taught me a lot. And simplified the damn rule book. Since I didn't have an army, his girlfriend (who is pretty good lookin and the owner) let me use her Chaos Army. He also gave me some pointers to doing the models. Like use magnets for the arms so you can switch out the weapons. The place felt more like a gathering place, which I felt kinda at home with my inner nerd. Even though it's 20 miles away, I'm fucking going back there.

2I have really great news Empty Re: I have really great news 2011-08-14, 00:06

Grey

Grey

BTW. I'm really tempted to stop playing video games since I really had fun playing 40k.

3I have really great news Empty Re: I have really great news 2011-08-14, 00:08

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sounds like a comic shop around here that keeps a few gaming tables out on the floor. I've only gone in there twice but there were always a few people playing various things.

No arcade games though.

4I have really great news Empty Re: I have really great news 2011-08-14, 00:47

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

There used to be this awesome Comic shop near me. I was best friends with the owner's son and everything. Him and his dad took me to fucking Wrestemania 21(SHIT WAS AWESOME!!!).

But they moved out of state 5 years ago, and closed down the shop.

But it was this huge ass building they rented. Had like 25,000 square feet or some shit. The center of the place was filled with like 6 library sized bookshelves containing hundreds of comics, and graphic novels.

ON the left side of the building was like 6 SD 48 inch tvs, that they hosted LAN parties with. Then on right side of the building it was all devoted to trading card games, and even had 3 rooms devoted to like 40K and Yu-Gi-Oh and crap.
PLACE WAS AMAZING. It was like the nerd equivelent of a Boys & Girls Club.

We recently had a new comic shop open for the first time since they closed down 15 minutes away from the original place. But when I went in there a week after they opened it was shitty as hell.

There was one small shelve with maybe 50 comic titles. And like 2 tables filled with fat swearing pissed off Yu-Gi-Oh! players who did nothing but swear and yell at each other for not "PLAYING BY TOURNAMENT RULES!"

I MISS MY OLD COMIC SHOP.

5I have really great news Empty Re: I have really great news 2011-08-14, 01:05

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

I always wished I had a place like that around here. Closest thing we had was a comic shop that closed down after a few months when I was in high school. I guess the nerd population here is low or something.

Tho someone who graduated high school a few years ahead of me opened up a video game shop that does stuff like that. TVs everywhere with game systems hooked up. They do little compititions and whatnot. They actually stole all the customers from Game Stop. Only thing keeping gamestop open is it's name at this point.

I have been tempted to give up video games for such things but I have no alternative outlet in these parts. Used to play Yu-gi-oh at the library with some friends until our gathering got too big and they started kicking us out for being too noisy...that and all my cards started going missing and my brothers wallet got fatter if you catch my drift...

http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Missed_A_Step/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum