New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans of the Night Angel trilogy?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pariah

Pariah

Anyone? anyone here like Brent Week's best works?

sheep

sheep

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pariah

Pariah

Very Happy

<|------- thats the best picture I could find of Kylar.

sheep

sheep

I need to read those again. They were some serious fun. I was lucky that I didn't pick up the first one until all the others were out already, so I didn't have to wait between books. Ate them up like candy.

Pariah

Pariah

I borrowed the trilogy edition from my friend Briana, read it over a night (not exaggerating) and stole it

sheep

sheep

LMAO!

I don't blame you. Hard to put down. Not the best written work out there ever, but seriously awesome.

Pariah

Pariah

The only time I was ever disappointed was around the 20th-odd reading of Beyond the Shadows, when I really wondered where all the random elements would coalesce. thats why im holding out hope for the second trilogy Very Happy

sheep

sheep

I have no idea what you are talking about! Haha, it's been a while since I read them.

Pariah

Pariah

How about the giant dragon in the pipes when Kylar rescues Logan, which somehow implants itself on his arm when he stabs it in the eye and then just randomly appears in his final battle with Moburu and saves him, Jenine, and the entire world? That and all of the prophecies piss me off.

sheep

sheep

Yup, I DEFINITELY need to read these books again. It's all a fuzzy muddle in my head.

There were only 3 books right? lol

Pariah

Pariah

Yeah, he hinted at a followup trilogy in the epilogue of the trilogy hardcover (starring the children of the present characters Very Happy ) but nothing's been announced.

sheep

sheep

I don't know how I would feel about that. A follow up with the kids? Meh. Something totally new or same world new people would be good.

Pariah

Pariah

oh its same world new people. I just want to see how he would integrate this into the "High King" prophecies.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Big fan here, I've even Weeks's Black Prism. I've that trilogy so many times, I can almost quote word for word. Alot of it made sense to be by the end: The dragon thing made sense in that it was a prophecy thing, even though he really gets into the prophecy. Weeks put out a novella (short novel) called "The Perfect Shadow", it's about Durzo in a prequel to the trilogy. I have Weeks in my twitter, he is actually quite entertaining

Pariah

Pariah

ConciliarFox wrote:Big fan here, I've even Weeks's Black Prism. I've that trilogy so many times, I can almost quote word for word. Alot of it made sense to be by the end: The dragon thing made sense in that it was a prophecy thing, even though he really gets into the prophecy. Weeks put out a novella (short novel) called "The Perfect Shadow", it's about Durzo in a prequel to the trilogy. I have Weeks in my twitter, he is actually quite entertaining
I've read Black Prism already and own all of weeks publications. Personally I found Perfect Shadow a tad weaker that the trilogy, but still fairly good. I still don't get how that High King prophecy basically becomes Logan's Deus Ex Machina in the end. It just seems like it doesn't make sense. And don't get me started on all the unanswered questions... Evil or Very Mad

sheep

sheep

There is more? I might have to get those too. And borrow the trilogy from the library.

Pariah

Pariah

So far The Night Angel Trilogy, Perfect Shadow and Black Prism are his only publications, my guess being that his next work published will be a sequel to Black Prism, since he hinted that he was turning that into a trilogy (plus it has a pretty cliffhanger-y ending) under the working name of "Lightbringer Trilogy"

Crombie

Crombie

HEY! yeah I've read the trilogy and while the first book is really great, I found it degraded with the other 2. Like you where hinting at, he basically was throwing to much in the books and left WAY to many lose ends and unanswered questions. Some parts seems just thrown together, and others were totally fleshed out... It was his first novels so I can give him a break. I did like that he didn't overly descript every little thing in the book, like he mentioned in an interview.

He doesn't write:

"The wind blew through the open reeds over a valley thats seen such magnificent skirmishes as the battle of hastings and lea. A small meadow sits in the distance where an orchard that was passed down over generations has since withered to dust."

instead he writes:

"it was cold and dreary in the field"

I like that.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

There were some loose ends, but it made sense, I did have to read the booke several times to piece it together. The real prophecy I noticed was Dorian's. The only that had me a bit stumped was the High King, I still don't know if Logan ended up being the High King or if it's one of the two children in his wife's belly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum