Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Thoughts on The Hunger Games Trilogy?

+5
Mrs. Terry of Hat
Keyser Söze
Shinma
Frostbyrn
Grey
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I really liked Book 1, I felt it had some nice interesting characters, a lot of action, and a very interesting setting. Book 2 for me had a horrible beginning. It just kept going on and for me was very uninteresting. It did finally pick up during the mid of the book and actually got quite good, but it ended much too soon for me and was not really fleshed out enough. Book 3 started off well, but was completely ruined by those last 75 pages or so. I feel like the author had no idea how to end it, and decided to just write whatever nonsense she could think up. It was almost like she was writing it to intentionally shock the reader without taking into consideration if it is believable for the characters to do or how they would have reacted. Honestly looking at this series as a trilogy, it is really quite mediocre. Even though the first book is good, it does not contribute itself to a trilogy at all and in my opinion really fell apart at the end. It also did not help how poor of a main character I felt Katniss was.

Grey

Grey

Book 1 was good. Then the second 2 were crap. Just jump the shark moment after the next.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I like jumping the shark

I like to look down at him as I sail over his head and tip my hat while saying "Bruce"

And hes all like "Frost"

And im all like "Hows the wife treating you man"

And hes all like "Cant complain you know,She ate one of the kids the other day"

I act shocked and say "Oh thats terrible it wasnt Bruce Jr. was it?:

He just shrugs (No mean feat for a shark I can tell you) and says "Nah it was Doug"

Then Im like "Well thats a shame,Oh well we better finish up this crazy stunt,Ill see you later man"

And hes like "Yeah see you later buddy,Say hello to your lady for me"

Last edited by Frostbyrn on 2012-08-17, 01:31; edited 1 time in total

Shinma

Shinma

I liked them all. Only problem I had was that they all seemed to drag for the first third or half of the book. The movie was meh. Not bad, but not great either.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

From what I have gathered, The Hunger Games seems like a poor man's Batale Royale, just without the gore and a bigger budget.

*gags*

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I actually like it much better than Battle Royale...I hated Battle Royale (the book anyways, I haven't seen the movie yet).

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:From what I have gathered, The Hunger Games seems like a poor man's Batale Royale, just without the gore and a bigger budget.

*gags*

Never read the battle royale books, but the movie is not very similar to the hunger games books besides the whole children battle to the death.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I wasn't refering to the books of either, just the movie Batale Royal, the first one which rocked.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The first book was a great read, the second book was a definite step down, and I hated the third. The ending was the least satisfying ending for any series I have read, she never makes a choice between the two love interests. She just ends up with one and was like "meh, I'm too much of a bitch to look around more" so the story just gets worse the more you read.

I can't recommend the first book enough though, I blew through it in 3 days I liked it so much.

Pariah

Pariah

Not a really big fan f the series, but book 1 was good. Catching Fire was a massive letdown, and that carried I've onto Mockingjay. I think book 3 was good in itself, but Bolk 2 left such an awful feeling for me that it was bad. Plus it just felt like the author stopped trying 50 pages to the end.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You posting from a phone or something?

Pariah

Pariah

Frostbyrn wrote:You posting from a phone or something?
My main PC crashed and burned, I'm on my iPhone ATM. Is it really noticeable?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its the spelling mistakes

Your usually much more coherent Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

Frostbyrn wrote:Its the spelling mistakes

Your usually much more coherent Very Happy

I'll take that as a compliment. And then go shut off auto-correct. Very Happy

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah I was reading your messages and just going "WTF happened to Pariah..."

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Kurz wrote:Yeah I was reading your messages and just going "WTF happened to Pariah..."

too much Serbian hooch...

Pariah

Pariah

Well, I've got my laptop up and running now, so no problems. Hopefully I was understandable enough.

And holy fuck, no I wasn't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum