We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Skyrim] tips for a new player?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

so... yeah.

atm im using full leather atm, with a Hunting Bow (Fine) and Imperial Sword and Iron Shield.

these are the skills i'm interested in:

Light Armour
Archery
One-handed
Block
Smithing
Lockpick
Speech
Pickpocketing

i read in the GFQ character creation guide that 5-7 skills is good, more than that makes you a weaker jack-of-all-trades character. are these skills good or should i lose one of them?

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

these should be your main focus

Light Armour
Archery
One-handed
Block

60% health and 40% stamina

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

cool, thats what im doing atm.

i totally forgot to level up though, i didnt realise you have to manually choose to and then put points into the skills. good job you can save up the points, otherwise i would have lost them :S

also, i found a cabin in the woods with an old lady (near riverrun) and searched the basement, found a letter (about some proper vampiric shit) then she attacked me when i climbed out so i killed her. has this borked any quest i have to do later on?

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

lots of stuff like that will happen

just play the game and don't worry about glitching quests

100+ hrs and no glitched quests

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

>___> the thing that glitched on me is the civil war quest because in another quest you're supposed to make a truce with them....totally skipped some quests for me and I didn't get the fort sungard achievement

besides that,nothing really.It's a cool game.I might actually play it right now Razz Razz

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:cool, thats what im doing atm.

i totally forgot to level up though, i didnt realise you have to manually choose to and then put points into the skills. good job you can save up the points, otherwise i would have lost them :S

also, i found a cabin in the woods with an old lady (near riverrun) and searched the basement, found a letter (about some proper vampiric shit) then she attacked me when i climbed out so i killed her. has this borked any quest i have to do later on?

Dude, you're doing it wrong.
Play like me!

Never be a pus-faced min-maxer, that's just embarrassing... even to other pus-faces.
Whatever happens happens, worrying about it makes you a pus-face.
Never re-load an old save to escape the consequences of your actions because this makes you a mega-pus-face.
Always choose equipment based on how cool it looks, only diaper-wearing-pus-faces choose based off of how good its numbers are.
Only pus-faced-hobos search every drawer, box, barrel and shelf in the entire world.
Never use magic because it's dumb, lame and makes your face a pus.

Pariah

Pariah

Old man is obsessed with pus today?

Just focus on archery, it's enormously useful. Throw in a bit of restoration, that'll help, but nothing too much.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i am loving this game, havent fast-traveled yet since im running around all the time Razz

just killed my first dragon. i decided to unequip Unrelenting Force because i keep accidentally shouting it ¬_¬ i still have it favourited though.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it's a great game man...I just got burned out on it after 100 hours in the game after finishing all the major stuff Razz

Pariah

Pariah

This is gonna be a slog for a while, but my tips is to find a lot of the words of power. There is nothing more exhilarating to me than kicking the shi -excuse me, PUS- out of a dragon in its own language.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Wraith wrote:This is gonna be a slog for a while, but my tips is to find a lot of the words of power. There is nothing more exhilarating to me than kicking the shi -excuse me, PUS- out of a dragon in its own language.

[Skyrim] tips for a new player? F9uwV

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum