We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any tips for Xcom?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any tips for Xcom? Empty Any tips for Xcom? 2012-10-24, 21:38

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Probably gonna get it soon, the demo convinced me...and alot have said the demo sucks compared to the real game so that's even better Razz

I heard something like get this unlock for your team so the aliens can't mind-control them?haha

would it be better to research the weapons or the armor?

I was thinking to start out till I can have more,and even then...to have at least like 2 medics on the team. Assault came in handy,didn't use support's rpg,his LMG's accuracy seemed to suck,might as well use a shotgun if I've gotta be that close haha

never even got to take a shot with my sniper,always said they were out of range

2Any tips for Xcom? Empty Re: Any tips for Xcom? 2012-10-24, 21:58

Ante

Ante

Assaults are CQC beasts (and bullet sponges if specced right.) Keep them close to the action and make sure the baddies are focusing on them.

Heavies (not support. Support is the medic class) are insanely powerful vs robotic enemies. The rocket launcher will save your squad's ass multiple times.

At least 1 support is a must. I prefer 2, one specced for medkit and another specced for smoke grenades.

Your snipers will end up with the most kills of all your squad members. Snap Shot is worthless, imo. Squad Sight will turn them into untouchable killing machines.

As for research, gun it to Carapace armor first then go straight for plasma weapons (if you're playing on Classic or above disregard that and get laser weapons.)

3Any tips for Xcom? Empty Re: Any tips for Xcom? 2012-10-24, 23:41

Yes carapace armor is a must early in the game

Play defensive

Dont ever end your last move with a dash

Watch out for cars on fire

Try to build depth in your soldiers ( ie dont sent the same 4-6 guys out every mission )

Theres more but Ill have to think of it as I go.

4Any tips for Xcom? Empty Re: Any tips for Xcom? 2012-10-25, 00:10

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I saw Angry Joe's review and he mentioned the original game back from like '94 and it makes me want to get that one too...haha although I have no idea how to run or setup DOSbox,seems pretty complicated to me honestly lol

5Any tips for Xcom? Empty Re: Any tips for Xcom? 2012-10-25, 01:32

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Memorize where the cockpit is in enemy UFO's

Then get a heavy to blow the wall open with a rocket launcher

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNm02PMvxzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum