Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daughter just got home late from being out.

+14
JrTapia1991
Chewy
Siren
Frostbyrn
Zillah
Epyk MD
Patrick Star
Ars Diaboli
infadel117
chunckylover53
Pariah
The Adli Corporation
Keyser Söze
Metalzoic
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

She should have been home about an hour ago. So I've grounded her for 10 weeks, although her mom will probably bargain her down. I figure we'll probably actually settle at grounded until the 1st of May.

Not harsh enough? Too harsh?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Break both of her legs, Misery style. That'll teach her.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

did she give a reason for being late?

Pariah

Pariah

Might be a bit too harsh. Just for one hour late? I mean, if she came home raging drunk and started swearing at you and her mother, then thats reasonable, but if it was just something innocent, like forgetting the time or just being late due to traffic I think you may have been overly harsh on her.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ala Misery, man...

I'm telling you.

chunckylover53

Out with them devil boys i bet.

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:Break both of her legs, Misery style. That'll teach her.

This

infadel117

infadel117

wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too harsh for being late one hour

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Shoot her laptop with your .45 and put a video of it on youtube. Proceed to post it in her facebook wall. And maybe, just maybe, you will be the most awesome dad ever.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

As you can see, this is definitely the place where serious questions are met with serious answers.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

First: She's pretty much off the hook. She did have an excuse (movie started an hour later) which was easily found as a lie by checking the website, but it turns out the theater actually had their movie times posted wrong online.

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:Break both of her legs, Misery style. That'll teach her.
I wish we could go back to the days where a swift backhand solved all problems.

Infadel117 wrote:wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too harsh for being late one hour

Maybe. I believe in swift and severe justice. You comply or you don't. No trouble or massive trouble. You had your chance. You blew it.

The 10 weeks was actually a week for each minute past 2 am. The late hour from 1 to 2 was a freebie. So you can see I gave her a ton of time slack to make it back with no repercussions. Once that grace period was over though... it's fucking on.

It's good her excuse proved to be true. If it hadn't I would have grounded her until summer and disconnected her phone for trying to argue.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Metalzoic wrote:First: She's pretty much off the hook. She did have an excuse (movie started an hour later) which was easily found as a lie by checking the website, but it turns out the theater actually had their movie times posted wrong online.

I wish we could go back to the days where a swift backhand solved all problems.

Infadel117 wrote:wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too harsh for being late one hour

Maybe. I believe in swift and severe justice. You comply or you don't. No trouble or massive trouble. You had your chance. You blew it.

The 10 weeks was actually a week for each minute past 2 am. The late hour from 1 to 2 was a freebie. So you can see I gave her a ton of time slack to make it back with no repercussions. Once that grace period was over though... it's fucking on.

It's good her excuse proved to be true. If it hadn't I would have grounded her until summer and disconnected her phone for trying to argue.

I wish my dad was like you metal, hell i wish my dad would have stuck around. Maybe i would be a better person. I like your style of parenting metal reeel old school.

Pariah

Pariah

So is she free now?

And I have to say, you're a pretty cool dad, giving her a 1am curfew.

My parents were old school like that. I dont know if it worked or not haha.

chunckylover53

Sym wrote:My parents were old school like that. I dont know if it worked or not haha.

My dad is like 58 i believe so yeah i got punished pretty badly for the small stuff =X. Saw the belts and the shoes a good amount of times, then games were the first things to be taken away from me Sad.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

im a fan of everyone over 18 saying one thing...then everyone under 18 taking the opposing stance.

Zillah

Zillah

how old is your daughter metal?

i can normally get away with coming home late... my parents fall asleep so early.

as for punishment? idk, I feel like anything over a week would just build grudges.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

She was late? Fucking Kalei! Very Happy

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Epyk wrote:im a fan of everyone over 18 saying one thing...then everyone under 18 taking the opposing stance.

damnit, i should have agreed with metal instead of asking a question.

missed my grown-up moment Laughing

Siren

Siren

she had a fair excuse, so I think that's a little harsh. It's not like she was out doing anything bad, it was just a mix up with the movie times. If it was me making the decision, I would let her off. The last thing you wanna do is make her hold a grudge against you and actually start doing something bad and staying out even later.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

So, does this mean there will be no leg breaking?

Chewy

Chewy

Since her excuse is legit, I would just break one of her legs to show her you mean business. Two is a little harsh.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Some punishment is still necessary I mean we live in the age of Text messages and crap she couldnt have even sent one little text informing you of the mix up?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Something's fishy here...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I agree with Camel,I wish I would of had a dad that cared or stuck around.Or one that even knew english >___>

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:Something's fishy here...

And its not the whore house...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Pariah wrote:So is she free now?

Yes she is free.
The biggest reason her grounding would have been so severe was the fact that I thought she was trying to pull one over on me on top of being late. Turns out she wasn't lying about the change in movie times. Plus she handled herself very well in the face of doom. No ultra teen-drama freak out at all.

So. I apologized to her for jumping down her throat, although she understands why I did. She apologized both for being late and not letting me know earlier.

Pariah wrote:And I have to say, you're a pretty cool dad, giving her a 1am curfew.
Not really her curfew. It alters depending on what she wants to do and a realistic curfew to do it.

Zillah wrote:how old is your daughter metal?

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:So, does this mean there will be no leg breaking?
Unfortunately

Frostbyrn wrote:Some punishment is still necessary I mean we live in the age of Text messages and crap she couldnt have even sent one little text informing you of the mix up?

Very true and this is exactly why I was still going to ground her for the week. There really is no reason she couldn't have done this.
However, She understood that she should still be punished for this and basically told me she deserves it... She didn't try to excuse it, she didn't try to get out of it, just admitted that she messed up.

She was being so adult about it and shouldering her blame in a responsible way that I decided to drop the whole thing. I'm proud of her for that.

Everything is all good.

...now excuse me while I go beat the little one for making a mess...

Pariah

Pariah

Metal, you're an awesome dad. And I meant it was cool you even have a lenient curfew for her. My mum has always employed the "you can stay out as long as you're wanted. Unless its past 6" method. And my dad doesnt even remember how old I am, so I doubt he cares.

Siren

Siren

Lol I don't have a curfew. Nor have I ever been grounded...

Zillah

Zillah

but how late do you stay out normally?

Siren

Siren

not very late. Honestly, I've never been out past midnight before, I think the latest I ever got picked up from somewhere was leaving Pariahs birthday party.

chunckylover53

Lucky! My curfew was 9, and in the more violent areas the city regulated curfew for 17 and under was 8. Though i think they lifted the city regulated thing now.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Pariah wrote:Metal, you're an awesome dad. And I meant it was cool you even have a lenient curfew for her. My mum has always employed the "you can stay out as long as you're wanted. Unless its past 6" method. And my dad doesnt even remember how old I am, so I doubt he cares.

This. I wish my mom had done that. She was so overprotective it wasn't even funny. Which, as always, just made me resentful and do whatever I wanted anyways, I just didn't tell her.

Ehat's parents were always lenient about his curfew, and they always knew where he was. Fair trade, I think.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Damn, I wish I would have only gotten grounded for 10 weeks for being a hour late. My punishment was usually much more severe.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I was really hoping for some leg breaking.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Mrs. Terry of Hat wrote:
Pariah wrote:Metal, you're an awesome dad. And I meant it was cool you even have a lenient curfew for her. My mum has always employed the "you can stay out as long as you're wanted. Unless its past 6" method. And my dad doesnt even remember how old I am, so I doubt he cares.

This. I wish my mom had done that. She was so overprotective it wasn't even funny. Which, as always, just made me resentful and do whatever I wanted anyways, I just didn't tell her.

Ehat's parents were always lenient about his curfew, and they always knew where he was. Fair trade, I think.

Yeah. We try to find that sweet spot of enough freedom and space that she doesn't need to rebel vs. enough restraint that she doesn't end up with a crack baby.

We're a pretty open book for her. She knows about the crazy shit her mom started doing at the age of about 12. She knows her mom met me because I used to throw huge house parties. We're not trying to shelter her so much as let her know what's what so she can make smart decisions instead of stupid ones.

So far so good...

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'm goi ng to lock my daughters in their room till there 30.......

Is that a viable option?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I would have trouble if I have a little girl. Because I KNOW what young boys want and are after. I don't know if I could ever let her leave the house >_>

Terry Corp. wrote:I would have trouble if I have a little girl. Because I KNOW what young boys want and are after. I don't know if I could ever let her leave the house >_>

this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum