Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

My best friend asked me to be the god father of his daughter!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Very Happy I ish a happy person, not sure if she'll like me when she reaches dating age (the all so young age of 30 lol jk)

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

congrats.

i think my mum is godmother to like... 5 people XD

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Amyah Marie Stenberg, Haven't talked to my friend in a long while since he joined the Army, he asked me to be the god father of his two boys as well, so this is really cool Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

Congrats Art!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here you go Asian Don.

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/08/13/guide-to-being-a-great-godfather/

Remember important events in your godchild’s life. Mark your godchild’s birthday on your calendar and be sure to send them a card every year. Godfathers usually give a little more money to their godchild at birthdays and Christmas than they do to their other nieces and nephews. It’s not necessary, but that’s been my experience. When your godchild has some sort of success in school or sports, send them a congratulatory card.

Be willing to take on parenting responsibilities if your godchild’s parents die. Traditionally, godparents are the individuals who have the responsibility of fostering a child if both the parents die. In the United States and the United Kingdom this is NOT a legal obligation. If the parents are really serious about you stepping in as the child’s guardian if they die, they’ll need to indicate so in a properly executed will.

Be a mentor.The best thing you can do to be a great godfather is to be a mentor for your godchild. For some men this will mean taking on the traditional role of being a spiritual guide for your godchild. For other men, it may mean being a mentor in other aspects of the child’s life. Either way, do your best to provide a good example to your godchild.

The mentoring relationship you have with your godchild will depend a lot on your geographic proximity to each other. If they’re near by, take them fishing, show them how to work with tools, or visit cultural events in the area. You’ll find moments while taking part in these sorts of activities to pass on some advice and wisdom.

If your godchild lives far away, keep in contact by writing letters, calling them on the phone, or sending an email every now and then. If you’re looking for inspiration on what sort of advice to impart in a letter, read some of Lord Chesterfield’s letters to his son or Teddy Roosevelt’s letters to his sons.

One good idea that was shared by Nic in the Community, is to give or send your godchildren great books to read. Don’t underestimate the power good literature can have on a child.

Refer to yourself as “The Don.” You’re a godfather. You’ve earned it.

I wanna be a DON

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum