College football 2012

+3
Frostbyrn
Captain Pirate Pineapple
Ron Swanson
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 17:35

- I thought Jordan Hall did pretty well for his first time back. 87 Yards and averaged 5 yards per carry. Pretty good. They still need to work in Dunn and Smith in the running game. You’re going to need those two once the B1G slate of the schedule starts. I understand that you may not be comfortable with Dunn but you still have to play him. You have nothing to lose this season.

- I thought Braxton did well yesterday. You can tell that he’s looking to throw first but still a work in progress when it comes to scanning the field. I’m optimistic that he’ll improve in that department.

- The WR’s, on the other hand, didn’t look hot early on. Too many drops. Need to shore that up. Where’s Michael Thomas? He looked GREAT in the spring.

- The play calling didn’t look great yesterday, especially in the third quarter. I, personally, was hoping that Urban/Herman would work in some under center/pro-style formations in this offense. I know that’s not Urban’s M.O. but I wonder if that would help Braxton see the field better.

- I think working in the TE’s does so much for the offense. Stoney is just a mismatch with just about anyone the opposing defense puts opposite of him. That seem route today was a thing of beauty. I really like Vannett and Heuerman both passing and blocking.

- The defense………….no, I don’t want Fickell fired and I know he wasn’t out there making shoddy angles and poor tackles. Let me get that out of the way right now. The GOOD: It’s obvious that Urban had a sit down with Fickell and Withers this past week. I thought the pressure on the QB was much better this week. Shazier looked GREAT getting to the QB but still has work to do in TACKLING. Washington is a monster. The BAD: We have an average LB group at best. Poor angles, more miscommunication in the secondary and bad tackling. I expected some of this with a new scheme but it just looked bad yesterday. I foresee a lot tackling drills this week.

- I too am getting worried that Urban and his staff aren't on the same page. I hope this is rectified rather quickly.

- Texas.......I have to say they looked REAL good against Ole Miss. They've got absurd talent in that backfield with Joe Bergeron, Malcolm Brown, and Jonathan Gray. David Ash looks much better than last year.

- USC/Stanford...........I saw this coming. USC's O-Line looked like garbage last week against Syracuse. D-Line was abused too. Kiffin's staff is no where near as good as Carroll's was at SC. Petey's boys would have never been beat like this, IMO. I am also beginning to question Barkley's NFL prospects. He's not a big guy (6'2'') and he doesn't really have the cannon that NFL GM's covet in a franchise QB. David Shaw has done a really nice job out at Stanford.

- MSU/ND......Boring game overall. I'm not sure if that was good defensive play or if that was bad offensive planning/playcalling. For both teams.

- FSU........They looked good so far. However, I'm wondering when they'll blow a game they have no business losing.

- This going to be a lackluster year in college football. No one outside of Alabama/LSU looks remotely close to contending for a NC except for maybe Oregon. If Texas can keep up what they're doing, they could surprise.

52College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 17:43

< watches alot of college football

I consider myself quite the guru!

53College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 17:57

Ah well nobody reads my weekly breakdowns anyways

Wish we had Mills and Bama back.

54College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 18:11

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:Ah well nobody reads my weekly breakdowns anyways

Hey I read them! I'm just at work and can't analyze and offer a rebutle right away

55College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 18:13

We gotta keep it alive, man.

We are the only college fans left on here

Should have noted Michigan looked really good this week. Granted it was against UMASS but it must have felt good to get an easy win under the belts.

56College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 18:35

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:Should have noted Michigan looked really good this week. Granted it was against UMASS but it must have felt good to get an easy win under the belts.

Yeah UMASS is one of the worst teams in CFB, but its always good to get a 40 point win.

57College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 20:31

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Ah well nobody reads my weekly breakdowns anyways

hey, i read them too! Sad

granted, i have no idea what you are on about, but i read them anyway Razz

58College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-17, 23:38

Its about the football

59College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-18, 11:34

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:Wish we had Mills and Bama back.

Bama actually posted a couple times in the last 24 hours. Hopefully he pops in to give his 2 cents on the CFB scene

60College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-18, 15:49

Why dont you edit the title of this thread

Maybe like College Football 2012 or something like that

He would be more likely to see it

61College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 14:19

Good Man Terry

62College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 16:42

So Notre Dame.....

How you feeling?

63College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 16:46

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Not great, they look more phsyical then we do up front, and I have no players not named robinson on the offense. But then again, if Robinson figures out how to throw the ball a little, he can put up 40 points in a hurry. Its my only chance.

You got UAB, a decent team, but another game you need to win. Any concerns?

64College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 16:50

ZERO

Bucks cruise and win by 40+. Bank that.

As for the Michigan/ Notre Dame game Im having a hard time figuring this one out.

Usually I got a good feel for these type of games, but not this year. I could see either team winning. Sorry to say it, but I think Im taking the domers in a close one.

Something like 24-21.

Next week we got the Spartans, which is going to be a huge game.

65College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 17:01

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

If the score is higher than 60 total points Mich wins, anything lower favors Notre Damn IMO

66College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 19:47

Braxton Miller will continue to be a Heisman hopeful all season long I think

Total homer call, but its probably true. Hes putting up sick numbers.

67College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 19:52

Now after week three here is my poll

Bama is clearly number 1
LSU
Oregon (ugh)
Florida State
West Virginia

68College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 19:55

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:Now after week three here is my poll

Bama is clearly number 1
LSU
Oregon (ugh)
Florida State*
West Virginia*

Teams with an asterisk are not going to go undefeated, but I agree with you. There just isn't more than 3-4 teams that I feel have a shot at a national title this year.

kinda sucks

69College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 20:15

West Virginia has a legit shot to run the table IMO

70College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 20:32

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:West Virginia has a legit shot to run the table IMO

I forget they are in the Big 12, they got Texas on 10-6 on the road. That will be tough. K-State has been surprisingly tough, OU and OSU are down this year if I recall, but still, not an easy schedule

71College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 20:34

Lucky wrote:
Sym wrote:West Virginia has a legit shot to run the table IMO

I forget they are in the Big 12, they got Texas on 10-6 on the road. That will be tough. K-State has been surprisingly tough, OU and OSU are down this year if I recall, but still, not an easy schedule

Yup, first season in the Big 12.

Texas is good this year, finally. And your right, Kstate has been good so far this year. Colin Klien is really good.

They are my darkhorse and have been since the season started. Keep an eye on them. Geno Smith is insane. Probably the front runner for the Heisman so far.

72College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 20:36

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Geno is a good QB, he knows what he is doing back there.

Watch out for K-State man. Texas is better, but they look vulnerable at times

73College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-19, 20:42

The Sooners don't impress me so far this season, and they are always over rated ( Sorry Mills! )

Nobody besides K State and Texas looks to be much of a threat

Still not sold on the K State defense just yet, although Snyder is a hell of a coach.

74College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-29, 13:27

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

I keep forgetting we have a sports board here. Haven't been online nearly as much lately, my dad had major back surgery a little over a week ago and my mom has needed help taking care of him some. When I haven't been helping with that I've been playing Borderlands 2 or watching college football. One of my friends the other day ask for picks/scores of a few game this weekend...my reply, A&M over Arky 42-38(I think Arky starts to right the ship today, but still falls short, but I could see A&M blowing this game wide open as well), SC over Kentucky 41-7, GA over TN 35-24, Bama over Ole Miss 45-10, FSU over SF 38-21.
I think the best game this weekend though might be the OSU/MSU game, West Virgina/Baylor could be an interesting game too.

75College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-30, 18:27

Wow what a game. Ill post my weekly thoughts in a bit.

76College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-09-30, 18:32

- I think the offense would benefit from less read-option and more designed running plays. Let Hall, Hyde, Smith, and Dunn get the tough yards in between the tackles. Keep defenses honest with Braxton taking sprints and draws to the perimeter. Braxton just doesn't look fully comfortable running the read-option right now.

- The offense I envisioned when Urban came on board was a lot like Alabama's circa 2009. They ran mostly out of the Shotgun and Pistol with some single back sets under center. The runningbacks get the tough yards, TE/H-Backs cause mismatches, QB's mobility is taken advanatge of, etc.

- Devin Smith is a potential All American if he can hold on to the ball. The TD Bomb was a thing of beauty. Braxton threw it perfectly and put it right into the bread basket. Philly Brown is just night and day from the past two years.

- Stoney and the TE's have been MIA. Is Braxton not seeing these guys in the pattern? Or is this more of a playcalling/scheme thing? I really thought Jake would be monsterous in this offense.

- I thought this was the best defensive performance thus far in the Meyer era. They still have to work on a couple things (tackling still looks iffy) but otherwise a great job yesterday. OJ Johnson looks totally transformed. Sabino played a GREAT game, IMO.

- I, like some on here, am really losing respect for Mark Dantonio. That scowl on his face looks like he has IBS or something. He really needs to move on.

- Urban looked really amped after the game yesterday. Almost like he was relieved.

- Can we re-name the Big XII, the "No Defense" conference? I thought WVU/Baylor was a disgrace from a defensive standpoint. TCU and Kansas State look like the only ones that attempt to play defense in that conference. Even Texas has given up points.

- Nebraska/Wisky.......It's always fun to watch Bielema take a loss. Nebraska should be good game next week. Taylor Martinez has really made quite a leap in the passing game. Nebraska as a team torched Wisky for 259 yards on the ground.

- The SEC East looks really competitive. Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina are all undefeated right now.

- Is there a more schizophrenic team in the BCS than Virginia Tech? They win a lot but lose to someone they have no business losing to.

77College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-02, 19:09

Look at this joke

College football 2012 - Page 2 TheSpot

78College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-05, 19:06

So Nebraska

Bucks by 10

79College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-05, 19:08

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah I think you guys can handle the Big Red. but don't be surprised if they give you one hell of a fight.

I have Purdue..... Should be a fairly easy win >_>

80College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-05, 19:11

Purdue will give you guys a game. Bank it.

Michigan wins but it wont be easy IMO

We got Nebraska at home at NIGHT

Nobody wins in the SHOE at night

81College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-07, 00:53

NU just got creamed lmao

82College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-08, 11:16

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah your guys are looking pretty tough so far, too bad your suspended from bowl eligibility.

83College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-08, 19:08

Indeed

We got 12-0 and miss out on the NC due to the ban Sad

Michigan looked good against Purdue. Stomped them

84College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 16:48

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Picking the Badgers to upset OSU before Sinners does!

*trollface*

But in all seriousness, no the Badgers suck

85College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:17

Aint gonna happen boys, we are just wayy to fast and physical for any team in the conference this year. Only team that worries me is TTUN.

86College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:20

IMHO we have just got done playing our two biggest games until TTUN

87College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:20

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

You never know how these young kids will come out and play man. Some teams play like a different team every week.

Also, never underestimate the will of a rival school to come out jacked up and win Wink

88College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:24

Wisconsin is not our rival

We have ONE rival in the B1G and that's TTUN.

All these little boys want to try and create rivalries with us, but truth is, we curbstomp the conference year in and year our. Hell the team I would say is our second highest rival as of NOW is Purdue.

You guys got MSU, we dont have another in state school that can compete either, so that doesnt hurt.

89College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:25

Also we are so young this team is playing better every week. We are already on offensive machine Under URBS in just the first half of his first season. Every game you will see play better, and better. By the time TTUN rolls around LOOK OUT

90College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 17:30

Fearless prediction

Bucks run the table- go 12-0

TTUN Loses to MSU but beats Nebraska, runs the table after that

THE GAME- 11-0 Ohio State vs 8-3 Michigan

91College football 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: College football 2012 2012-10-10, 18:08

batonpass

batonpass

Wisconsin is on the way out. I thought we we're going to be good this year, but our offensive line is just fucking awful, which is just too bad for Montee Ball and his pro prospects. We have no quarterback, because O'Brien sucks more than I expected and Stave is doing all he can as a freshman. Our defense looks good, but they get tired easily (as evidenced during that awful Nebraska game). The offensive line is the worst of our problems though.And I know all college kicking tends to suck, but we need better kickers too. French and Russell are not cutting it. I was happy that we beat Illinois the way we did, but it's Illinois.

Sad thing is, we might make it to the Rose Bowl, because the rest of the Big Ten is either "eh" or banned. And I never thought I'd be worried about beating Purdue for first in the Leaders Division.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum