Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favorite genre of books, favorite writing medium?

+4
The Adli Corporation
JrTapia1991
Pariah
Artimise Flare
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Fantasy and Sci-if for me. I've read a few non-fiction novels as well, but based on my writing I certainly lean towards the fiction genre most.

Got some new ideas for a second series of books I'm working on (I swear I have ADHD when it comes to working on my stories)

Anyone else here writers? I think a few folks here are into poetry or something.

Pariah

Pariah

Sci-Fi and Fantasy here as well. Herbert's Dune series is probably the best set I've ever read.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

same for me,I really like good horror or post apocalypse stuff too.Used to read alot as a kid because of nothing else to do lol

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Nothing beats a good book, a warm blanket and a hot beverage onacold rainy or snowy day IMO Smile

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sci-Fi all the way. Peter F Hamilton (the guy who's books i whore out when people ask for sci-fi Very Happy) and Frank Herbert (Dune) got me into it Smile

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I still have yet to read those,they sound very good

Pariah

Pariah

I've still yet to find a single Peter F Hamilton book in our school's library. Though Allen Steele is a great sci-fi writer as well.

As to writing medium, I love free-verse poetry, though shifting-style poems are the best in my opinion.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

My favourite series....... Orphanage .... its about 4 or 5 books and is set in the near future and is sci-fi...I really enjoyed it.

Jurassic Park (original book) was awesome. All the Halo books are a fun read. Game of Thrones. Walking Dead Compodium 1 and 2 (first 90 issues or so), World War Z is my favourite book, Maus 1 and 2, and a few others I really enjoyed....oh and Artimes Fowl the first three books though ... got them signed by ein colfer but have lost the books since....misplaced really. Thats all I can think of right now.

Crombie

Crombie

I used to read sci-fi and fantasy but now I read biographies and crime novels.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Sci Fi and Fantasy man

Also this topic got "Fuck me Ray bradbury" stuck in my head again so thanks for that

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Question for ya'll, what do you look for in a good Sci-fi or fantasy novel, as some of you know, I'm putting together several books as it is, and I'm looking for what people may like.

Currently the way my book(s) are set up is to question the moral grey areas of life, facing the realities of the darker side of human ambition and so on. There are a lot of twists and turns people betraying others and being betrayed themselves. Many many little nuances that I'm trying to put into play that will keep you guessing and thinking.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Artimise Flare wrote:Question for ya'll, what do you look for in a good Sci-fi or fantasy novel, as some of you know, I'm putting together several books as it is, and I'm looking for what people may like.

Currently the way my book(s) are set up is to question the moral grey areas of life, facing the realities of the darker side of human ambition and so on. There are a lot of twists and turns people betraying others and being betrayed themselves. Many many little nuances that I'm trying to put into play that will keep you guessing and thinking.

Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained Smile

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Personally I like well detailed worlds

Far more interested in the Landscape and the cultures than the story usually Very Happy

But im weird

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

If you'd all like, I can post the history and background again. Never got much feedback from ya'll sadly before, so I figured I'd ask first.

Warning, it is NOT for the feint of heart, if you hate WALLS of text (As I'm now infamous for) don't read the background I have for the story I'm writing lol.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

More like Wall of Sig Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, Okay I'll give ya that. Funny enough I haven't touched BF3 in ages. Kind of burned out on gaming right now.

Im not much of a reader really

I like to read graphic novels like a nerd though

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Well if I get good enough at my drawings, I hope to turn my stories into doujins if that helps any lol.

I own almost every Batman graphic novel

They are the shit

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I read just about everything I can get my hands on...generally, Sci-fi and Fantasy though. I write fiction but not a lot of Sci-fi or Fantasy surprisingly. I like to write a variety of different things, though I'm editing my novel right now which is a Victorian-setting murder mystery Smile

I would love to read anything you want to post...I'm always up for reading something!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Mrs. Terry of Hat wrote:I read just about everything I can get my hands on...generally, Sci-fi and Fantasy though. I write fiction but not a lot of Sci-fi or Fantasy surprisingly. I like to write a variety of different things, though I'm editing my novel right now which is a Victorian-setting murder mystery Smile

I would love to read anything you want to post...I'm always up for reading something!

Authentic Victorian or Steam punk Victorian?

Also Victorian murder mystery?

I hope your calling it "Pride and extreme prejudice"

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Authentic Victorian, haha. 1890s. It is definitely not called that Razz

More of a drama than a murder mystery, technically...Ehat says I can't call it a murder mystery because you know who does it, just not why Smile

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

How is the puppeteer doing these days?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'll see if I can't put together at least some semblance of the first chapter or two. There are still many plot holes I need to fill so please bear with the amateurishness of my writing xD

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

The puppeteer is doing well! Taking a break right now to start packing up the house and get everything ready to file taxes, haha.

Pariah

Pariah

I'd love to get some of these books!! Mrs. Hat, when you publish your book can I buy an autographed copy? Same with you Art, I want a first-edition.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Cool I'd like a copy too haha Razz.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I will gladly send everyone copies Very Happy I'm hoping to have it edited and sent out in the next few months. Hopefully its published by the fall!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum