Pariah
Ars Diaboli
sheep
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1War on Kids Empty War on Kids 2013-06-03, 20:54

sheep

sheep

So I just recently watched this documentary. Its on netflix, go watch it.

I found it highly disturbing. Especially some of the ridiculous cases that "No Tolerance" has caused.

I know some of our members are still in school, so I'm curious is even half this is legit. Are schools really degenerating into prisons?

- There is one part of the documentary that talks about footage of a SWAT sting going down in the school, and the guy is talking about how police were violent toward the children, and the dogs were very scary. Yet when they showed the footage, I didn't see this. Yeah, the dog is loud, but its also wagging its tail. Sooo.. I don't know. Still wouldn't be fun.

However, I am in love with what one guy said (same guy I think.. he looked soo stoned). Anyway, pretty much it was to teach kids how to learn, so they could actually make decisions based on facts and research, instead of just making them repeat crap back to you. Like Just Say No!

Sort of what Rollins was talking about in article I posted somewhere on here who knows how long ago.

2War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 21:05

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Kids should earn the very air they breath, so thumbs up from me. Fuck them up Very Happy

3War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 21:14

Pariah

Pariah

unavailable to stream. so fuck it.

I'll say this though, using dogs as an intimidation tactic for kids is fucked up. I've been phobic of dogs for a long time
(my neighbors had three german shepherds when I was little, the dogs were violent as hell (one of them was put down for attacking my dad)) and I'm still extremely afraid of them.

4War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 21:40

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I got bitten by a dog as a kid and I was only afraid of other peoples dogs after that weirdly enough

5War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 23:00

sheep

sheep

That's weird, because I streamed it on the xbox.

6War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 23:15

KIDS

7War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-03, 23:25

chunckylover53

I was biten in the face by my own dog when i was very young, still have the scar under my eye and i love doggies <3 probably wouldn't own any when i have my own place though dog hair is annoying.

As for dogs in school we had them bring in a dog to check out all our lockers because they found drugz, this was only a few years ago so i'd imagine it's still valid. But it's not like the school was in that great of a place, we always had to go through metal detectors and take our shoes off, someone actually did set the building on fire at one point.

8War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-04, 00:25

sheep

sheep

We had a truancy officer when I was in high school. It didn't seem to do much good. We still skipped school.

Aww, I also have face scar from a dog bite when I was little and I think dogs rock socks.

Still, some of this stuff was crazy. Kids getting suspended for simply drawing guns. Having any sort of chain on their person (even on a keychain) and other just... stupid stupid shit because of No Tolerance (which studies are showing hasn't done any good).

9War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-04, 00:38

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Also whats the RoE in this War on Kids?

Can we assume they are hostile and shoot them on site or do we have to wait until fired upon?

10War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-04, 18:31

Pariah

Pariah

chunckylover53 wrote:I was biten in the face by my own dog when i was very young, still have the scar under my eye and i love doggies <3 probably wouldn't own any when i have my own place though dog hair is annoying.

As for dogs in school we had them bring in a dog to check out all our lockers because they found drugz, this was only a few years ago so i'd imagine it's still valid. But it's not like the school was in that great of a place, we always had to go through metal detectors and take our shoes off, someone actually did set the building on fire at one point.

we do this in my school too, in one of the most white-bread, conservative, safety-obsessed counties in America.

11War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-04, 20:15

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Frostbyrn wrote:Also whats the RoE in this War on Kids?

Can we assume they are hostile and shoot them on site or do we have to wait until fired upon?

RoE depends on your commander, but you do have an inherent right to defend yourself if fired upon.

12War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-04, 20:17

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I saw we order a drone strike on where these little bastards hide

The school system! Very Happy

13War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-05, 00:37

Khfan60

Khfan60

Huh. Never has this sorta stuff happened at my school.

At least once a month it reeks of weed in one of the bathrooms, dude on my bus smokes cigarettes ON the bus. Hell, my friend almost always has a knife on him and sometimes brings mixed drinks with him.

Oh well

14War on Kids Empty Re: War on Kids 2013-06-05, 00:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I dont know I tend to agree with these policies

I mean they are miniature Americans after all Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum