We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fucking hell, Fate/Zero was depressing.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I just finished watching it.

Damn thing is downright depressing. Kiritsugu's life boils down to misery. Try as he might, as excellent as he may be, holy fuck that dude is screwed.

Fate/Stay Night had tones of that, too, but dammit not as bad. And that's just Kiritsugu. Half the cast is fucking miserable, like Saber, Maiya, Lancer, etc.

I mean, it was pretty awesome anyway, but damn.

I'll just go curl up in bed <_<

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Well what else could you expect from Urobutcher?

I haven't seen it but I want to. I want to play the F/SN VN first, but it is supposedly really long and I'm not sure if I have the willpower to make it through that. The few VNs I've played have been pretty short (Saya no Uta and 999)

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Yeah, F/SN is really long. It's worth it, though, and easy to get into.

I have to say however, that it's not as good as Fate Zero. Or maybe that's just an effect of having just watched it. However, put the two together, and the events of Zero have even more power considering you know what happens on FSN. I'm planning on reading it again, soon. I'd really recommend that you give it a try. As a reference, I liked Saya no Uta, never tried the other one you mentioned though.

Who's Urobutcher...? Was he the director of Zero?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Ars Diaboli wrote:Yeah, F/SN is really long. It's worth it, though, and easy to get into.

I have to say however, that it's not as good as Fate Zero. Or maybe that's just an effect of having just watched it. However, put the two together, and the events of Zero have even more power considering you know what happens on FSN. I'm planning on reading it again, soon. I'd really recommend that you give it a try. As a reference, I liked Saya no Uta, never tried the other one you mentioned though.

Who's Urobutcher...? Was he the director of Zero?

Yeah I'll definitely give it a try. I've actually had it on my computer for a few months now but didn't really want to start it.

Urobutcher is the nickname given to Gen Urobuchi who is known for making his characters suffer. I'm not sure if he worked on the anime, but he wrote the original light novels the anime is based on. Some of his other well known works include Saya no Uta, Madoka Magica, and Psycho-Pass.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I thought that the novels were written by that Nasu guy.

Makes sense, I guess. Because seriously, the character are hopeless. I mean, they do have hope... it's just that said hope is utterly crushed, destroyed, and burned. I already thought Saber had it terrible, but Zero just makes it all the worse.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

It was written by both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum