the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Show was fucking awesome!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Show was fucking awesome!!! Empty Show was fucking awesome!!! 2013-09-09, 19:50

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

So we played a show Saturday night and we fucking killed it. We were the second band. The opening band kind of sucked and the crowd wasn't really into them.

Then we took the stage and people started crowding the front and moshing and having a good time. We nailed our 40 min set and we were really on our game.

The bartender and the one who organized the show were really impressed with us so we should be able to get more shows pretty easily.

Everyone that came to see us said we rocked and we were like a mix of Meshuggha, Carcass and some other stuff. We even impressed the other bands on the bill.

I'm extremely pleased at how things went and the bass player from the closing band was really in awe of my bass rig and tone and he plays in a fairly established band in the area.

So yeah that was my weekend.

/blogeasy

Pariah

Pariah

Dude, thats fantastic! Next time, have someone record you playing!

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:Dude, thats fantastic! Next time, have someone record you playing!
Yeah we tried to get someone to do that but we don't know anyone with a decent camera.

Maybe next time.

Do you guys play in 4/4?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Do you guys play in 4/4?
yeah most of the stuff is 4/4 though we do have some songs that use 6/4. When we actually start writing songs as a band I'll probably inject some more weird time signature rhythms.

Right now we are just learning back catalog that the guitarists have built up.

4/4 is so boring for me to play in personally.

I hardly ever write 4/4 riffs. Interesting that people compared you to Meshuggah then, as they almost always play in strange times. Id have to hear it. Maybe they are talking about the vocals?

Cant wait to hear it though

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:4/4 is so boring for me to play in personally.

I hardly ever write 4/4 riffs. Interesting that people compared you to Meshuggah then, as they almost always play in strange times. Id have to hear it. Maybe they are talking about the vocals?

Cant wait to hear it though
Yeah maybe. I don't mind 4/4 as long as the rhythm is interesting. The accents of the riffs usually fall in weird places which makes things sound like they are maybe in a weird signature but I'm pretty sure most of the stuff is 4/4.

I write some stuff in 4/4, but even my lead lines are usually strange haha.

I do it naturally, and most of my riffs just come out in strange time signatures.

Its hard to find a good drummer that understands more than 4/4 in my area, so I have a hard time finding drummers for music if you know what I mean.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:I write some stuff in 4/4, but even my lead lines are usually strange haha.

I do it naturally, and most of my riffs just come out in strange time signatures.

Its hard to find a good drummer that understands more than 4/4 in my area, so I have a hard time finding drummers for music if you know what I mean.
I know that pain. I've been wanting to do a bass, drums and vocals stoner type thing for the better part of a year but I can't find a drummer that can handle the weirdness I've got going on time signature wise.

I write alot of odd time shit too and it just comes out that way. And alot of the time it's constantly shifting signatures.

I don't generally stick with one signature throughout a whole song.

10Show was fucking awesome!!! Empty Re: Show was fucking awesome!!! 2013-09-09, 20:50

Sounds like we would get along very well....

11Show was fucking awesome!!! Empty Re: Show was fucking awesome!!! 2013-09-09, 20:56

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I thought about asking my current drummer since he grew up playing Dream Theater and Rush and other more progressive stuff but he's already in 2 or 3 bands and probably wouldn't have time for another project.

I'm considering having just me and vocals at this point. Too bad I can't sing... Good vocalists are another thing that is hard to find around here.

12Show was fucking awesome!!! Empty Re: Show was fucking awesome!!! 2013-09-09, 20:58

I cant sing either hahahahaha

13Show was fucking awesome!!! Empty Re: Show was fucking awesome!!! 2013-09-09, 21:08

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:I cant sing either hahahahaha
Yeah me singing is downright brutal and not in the good way haha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum