Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF general] Are we driving away players?

+11
Keyser Söze
HydrasBreath ♜
Frostbyrn
Kenshiro
Bama Psycho
MEGA MILK
Metalzoic
Ante
Ars Diaboli
chunckylover53
Artimise Flare
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Really makes you think, and I'll admit, I'm guilty of this train of thought at times too.

Kind of food for thought.

Wanna give my a synopsis?

Im listening to music

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Essentially the guy covers elitism in the BF community, and how it's one of the most toxic gaming communities out there. He's a CoD player as well, and he truly enjoys BF as well, however, everytime he'd post videos, make comments about the raw numbers of weapons etc etc. He'd get shot down by the elitist crowd (that swarms the forums and so on) calling him a noob, stating his opinions don't mean anything because he's a Cod player, not x rank so on and so forth.

The constant shunning of players who are not on PC master race, stuff like that. It makes you think, because honestly, I can say that BF crowd is pretty brutal. So many BF players seem to be up tight pricks, so full of themselves they think they crap gold bricks every time they sit on the john.

Admittedly I'm guilty of saying "Stupid CoD player" among other things from time to time, but I typically try to remain open minded as much as possible. I like both games for different reasons, but you can't deny that the BF community is pretty shitty in the grand scheme of things when it comes to welcoming new players into the fold.

Meh

I think people are too sensitive.

Ive never had any problems with BF community other than useless blueberries.

Just my opinion

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Me neither, I've never had trouble with people flaming personally, but just because I've never seen it, doesn't me it doesn't happen. Of course you know that.

My biggest issue is idiots that don't actually help the team win and are more concerned with their K/D ratio.

so yes, unrealiable blueberries pretty much sums it up.

Ive had horrible experiences with the COD community however

I find CS to be the worst, even though I like it.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

True, both games have very toxic communities, the amount of hate both sides have for each other and other games is pretty evident.

I never got into CS all that much (I lack the dexterity required to be good at the game) so I can't really say much about the community.

CS has improved my FPS aiming so much

It really is easily the most skill based FPS being played right now

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

No doubt, that's how I felt when I was first getting into it, but I sucked so damn hard at it. The learning curve for CS is absolutely astronomical IMO

chunckylover53

Elitism occurs anywhere that competition exists, there's in an extent to where it gets ridculious but it is what it is.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

True enough, it's still an interesting video IMO. granted I don't think anyone here in SeC is really guilty of being an elitist prick, at least in BF, but something to chew on regardless I think.

I can be an elitist prick Very Happy Twisted Evil Shocked 

But not regarding a fucking video game.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

There are cunts everywhere. If he stopped playing a game he enjoyed because some people were dicks, that's his loss.

I swear, I keep seeing people bitch and whine that meanie meanie persons hurt their feelings.

Yea again, people are wayyyyyy to sensitive these days. It makes me sick.

Ante

Ante

People say some really mean shit, and until you've had hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of hatemail messages/death threats/etc. thrown your way you really are in no position to judge.

That being said I don't think the Battlefield community is toxic. This is more about the Youtube community and how the comment section is usually a cesspool of hate and useless garbage no matter what side of the fence you are on.

YT comments are that way no matter what subject

Also who gets thousands of hate messages?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

You develop a thick skin after a while, such is life I think. I was the subject to constant bullying when I was younger, which is probably why ridiculing doesn't phase me as badly as it used to.

The only people that can hurt my feelings are family and friends

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I've had insane amounts of shit thrown at me online because I'm mexican. Didn't stop me from enjoying Gears 2 and BC2. Worst case, I was annoyed and just ignored them. Best case, I had fun and trolled them.

Ante

Ante

Sym wrote:YT comments are that way no matter what subject

Anyone with a respectable amount of subs. I got about a dozen hate messages after I posted my base jump fail video. They were ridiculous and didn't really phase me but I'm not going to judge someone who has a lesser tolerance to harassment than me.

Ars Diaboli wrote:I've had insane amounts of shit thrown at me online because I'm mexican. Didn't stop me from enjoying Gears 2 and BC2. Worst case, I was annoyed and just ignored them. Best case, I had fun and trolled them.
Yea I dunno

Everybody is different

To me insults and especially death threats just roll off my back. Why get worked up what some stranger says?

Ante wrote:
Sym wrote:YT comments are that way no matter what subject

Anyone with a respectable amount of subs. I got about a dozen hate messages after I posted my base jump fail video. They were ridiculous and didn't really phase me but I'm not going to judge someone who has a lesser tolerance to harassment than me.
I thought you meant in game my bad

Im not judging them, hardly. I just think people have become way to sensitive. I mean who cares what some random person on the internet says?

Ante

Ante

And I think people have become way too INsensitive.

How so?

With all the sensitivity training and awareness nowadays I don't see it

Everything is about appreciating diversity( a good thing btw ) much more than at any time in American history imo.

If anything people have become more aware of sensitivity related issues. But this is just my opinion and how I see things. Your obviously entitled to your own opinion. I think this is something we have disagreed about in the past if I remember correctly. Besides this and ponies we rarely disagree haha.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ante wrote:And I think people have become way too INsensitive.
I definitely feel the opposite.
That culture is becoming way to PC and sensitive.

I'm a pretty unsympathetic guy though. I already told you about the guy I fired once simply for whining that I hurt his feelings.

Metalzoic wrote:
Ante wrote:And I think people have become way too INsensitive.
I definitely feel the opposite.
That culture is becoming way to PC and sensitive.

I'm a pretty unsympathetic guy though. I already told you about the guy I fired once simply for whining that I hurt his feelings.
Right there with you man

Said so right above

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I think both player bases are horrible. Most can't even even even maintain 2.0s, let alone a 3 or 4.

Why do they live? Why don't they just die?

Ive never had a 2 K/D before

Im usually between 1.2 and 1.75

Ante

Ante

MEGA MILK wrote:I think both player bases are horrible. Most can't even even even maintain 2.0s, let alone a 3 or 4.

fuckin scrubs man

Ante wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:I think both player bases are horrible. Most can't even even even maintain 2.0s, let alone a 3 or 4.

fuckin scrubs man
< scrub

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

I agree w/ Metal and Sym about people being too sensitive about this type of stuff...and don't get me started on all the political correctness BS. Also most online communities are going to have their fair share of toxic people that just like to belittle and harass others...for the most part their is no consequence for harassing others in a game so some people are going to do it just because they can.

We used to have a few toxic member even on here

But they have both moved on, wait....I think one was banned for being a biggot.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

If most of the playerbase had 3.00+, that's one really shitty minority. If the game were populated by 5.00+ as 75%, that's 3 average players and 1 punching bag, somehow with the three on 1 team and the 1 on the other team.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Speaking of K/D I'm only at a 2.0 with 460 SPM, does that make me a bad player? lol

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Depends on the game. In the BF games I see KD as probably the least important stat. SPM and objective caps are the most important.

Err... I take that back. Stabs is the #1 most important stat.

I'm at 2800+ stabs, 1.72 KD and a 700+ SPM.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

MH wrote:

If most of the playerbase had 3.00+, that's one really shitty minority. If the game were populated by 5.00+ as 75%, that's 3 average players and 1 punching bag, somehow with the three on 1 team and the 1 on the other team.
dude what

Artimise Flare wrote:Speaking of K/D I'm only at a 2.0 with 460 SPM, does that make me a bad player? lol

My SPM is near 700

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Just saying, a lot of people need to die for others to get higher KDs. It would be impossible for everyone to have 3.00 KDs, as while they may be good, everyone else is just as good. Outside of a controlled farming environment with only medics, there's going to be 4 guys killing whole squads before dying, and then the squads who are dying to those single players.

In order for the KDR of a single person to go up, he needs to kill many people, thus lowering their KDR. That's why it's a ratio. You simply can't have 50% of the pop be over 5.00, unless there are thousands of sub 0.50 players who are slaughtered in droves.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im so elitist ive used the phrase "Fuck you Ethiopia Eat Artillery you fly ridden motherfuckers!" twice in the last 12 hours Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Frostbyrn wrote:Im so elitist ive used the phrase "Fuck you Ethiopia Eat Artillery you fly ridden motherfuckers!" twice in the last 12 hours Very Happy
Fucking Ethiopia...wrecking all my shit.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

They learned not to mess with the might of Korea Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sym wrote:Meh

I think people are too sensitive.

Perhaps, but if you watch the video, you'll see that this guy got a lot of shit, just for making BF videos while being a COD player. He also mentions e-mails on a daily basis pertaining to this.

Personally, I wouldn't quit playing a game for these reasons, but I can understand the frustration.

Also, the whole mentality that is rampant in the community of players not being worthy to play BF simply because they come from COD, something that often results in those migrating be deemed "noobs" without any actual justification, is cancerous.

People with such trains of thought really need to mature and grow half a brain, or simply have their hands fall off one day, thus excluding them from video games in one ironic strike.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Fuck K/D. As long as it's above 1, you're not a liability. End of story,

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I just dont like people who come into an objective driven team based game and play it solely to get a High K/D for bragging rights

And sadly that seems to be a CoD mentality

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Anyone with half a brain will adapt to the rules and objectives of the game, or simply lose until they give up the game in whole. Or they might even just stick with TDM, where high K/D is in fact the objective.

I honestly think that the mentality you speak of is the outspoken, vocal minority.

Word fair enough

People can be dicks

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sym wrote:
People ARE dicks
Fix'd

Ante

Ante

With the new 75+ assist counting as a kill mechanic, I think K/Ds are going to be higher all around in BF4.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ante wrote:With the new 75+ assist counting as a kill mechanic, I think K/Ds are going to be higher all around in BF4.
Does it give you both a kill?

I think so

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum