Tater
Keyser Söze
D
Artimise Flare
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

And something just feels off? What follows is usually just bad games, where you just are not living up to your usual standard. Other times you jump in and it's as if you just became a god, cutting a swathe of destruction through game after game.

Last night I had one of those off nights, it didn't seem to matter what game I'd jump into, I'd be up against incredible players who seemed to be everywhere and anywhere. It's hard to explain the feeling, but it's almost like a feeling of dread or as if you feel sick. I didn't do terribly bad, but it definitely far from my best.

Guess that's what I get for playing with randoms eh?

D

Peaks and valleys my man. And lay off the randoms, not sure how they would effect your performance.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

It happens, man. My advice:

Cuss into mic, bang fist on table, turn game off, smoke weed.

Tater

Tater

I feel the same.

I've had days that i can't seem to shoot anything let alone know what the buttons on my control do? /sarcasm

I've had days where i do phenomenal and ace pin several times in a row.

Like DD said it's up and down. Theres no rhyme or reason to it.

I've looked at my Bcstats and looked at the graphs and the things all over the place. So i say fuck it and just try and have fun.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

May have something with me feeling like shit today too. Woke up with crap in the throat and the mother of all migrains fun!

But yeah, I try to friend people who are stupid good like that so that I can run with them, but boy howdy, some of them are just stupid good.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i had a good 15 seconds on isla innocentes where i was untouchable.

attackers on the first base, i hopped onto the island on the left (out out sea) and proceeded to hide in a bush with the Sv98, keeping within 100m of the enemy (my max marksman bonus was +9 lol).

i killed one guy as he hopped on the TOW launcher.
then i killed his buddy right after that, as he hopped on the TOW launcher
then i killed another guy as he hopped onto the MG above the TOW launcher

just headshotting people when they stopped moving or shot at my team, chucking sensors around, that sort of thing

it was fun but it didnt last long as i was kinda obvious Sad

Tater

Tater

Those youtube moments are a rarity for me nowadays but i used to be hellagood. now i'm just good. For some reason i've hit a wall. Maybe it's cause i've played too much MassEffect and i've lost my touch?

idk

Darth Tater wrote:Those youtube moments are a rarity for me nowadays but i used to be hellagood. now i'm just good. For some reason i've hit a wall. Maybe it's cause i've played too much MassEffect and i've lost my touch?

idk

Get ready for it. When I was 18-23 I was killing people in every game I touched. Now I'm almost 31 and I struggle to survive in just about every game I touch. It sucks.

Tater

Tater

I've got two more years of decent gaming ability then i'm gonna be dog shite at fps's. LOL

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i can get a high KDR if im careful and tactical
and i can get a high killcount, but only if im stupidly reckless.

sometimes i balance them both and have a decent game where im on my fave maps with my fave setups.

and other games they both fail and it all goes downhill Razz

Erkeric

Erkeric

The opposite happens with me on just about any game. I do really well the first 2 or so games after a break then I start to suck again.

I feel like the first game I join is always a rough one and it takes a game or two to fall into a good rhythm. After a while if things are not clicking I have to shut it down or else a controller may get damaged.

D

I usually start off on Port Valdez since I'm the most comfortable with that map and I usually have ok sessions.

I'm more comfortable playing in regular mode yet I'm attached to Vietnam for no reason whatsoever.

And then half my deaths come from instant-kill infantry weapons and tanks, while piloting the Huey probably causes my SPM to plummet since I'm constantly hiding out trying to repair.

Zillah

Zillah

I find that i play so much better after having gotten some exercise. Just more alert, quicker, and cant think clearer...

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I tried playing a game of Vietnam on my uncle's 120" projection screen. It's fucking hard playing on something that big, man. I felt like I had to actually turn my head a bit to see what was going on at the sides, as if my peripheral vision wasn't enough.

Tommy Chong wrote:I tried playing a game of Vietnam on my uncle's 120" projection screen. It's fucking hard playing on something that big, man. I felt like I had to actually turn my head a bit to see what was going on at the sides, as if my peripheral vision wasn't enough.

you were in the shit bro

charlies at your 6

D

Tommy Chong wrote:I tried playing a game of Vietnam on my uncle's 120" projection screen. It's fucking hard playing on something that big, man. I felt like I had to actually turn my head a bit to see what was going on at the sides, as if my peripheral vision wasn't enough.

Jesus, how far back do you have to sit from that monster?

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah man even playing on my 50 inch is really hard, it actually takes time to move my eyes to check my ammo...

I just stick to the 32"

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

The Dark Passenger wrote:

Jesus, how far back do you have to sit from that monster?

4 to 6 meters. Not sure if that thing is really all that good for such games, but racing games on the other hand...Holy shit, man.

Then add an over 5 thousand dollar surround sound system to the equation...

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ever had a time where you get in BC2... DSC08028

Here's an actual picture of the beast, man.

Zillah

Zillah

Good lord, talk about a home theater...

It looks like a home theater until you see that midget chair next to the glass table. What kind of gaming throne is that?

Zillah

Zillah

haha, it looks like theres some youngins that live there.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Lead Based Toys wrote:It looks like a home theater until you see that midget chair next to the glass table. What kind of gaming throne is that?

It belongs to my two year old cousin, man. LOL

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ha! Good stuff.
I used to have a big projection screen at one of my stores. I can't remember exactly how big the screen was, but we'd have Tekken/Mortal Kombat/Soul Calibur tournaments on it and the characters would be life-size or bigger. Jack from Tekken was enormous...

You own stores now too? how 'bout sending a couple G's my way Metal.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

My uncle doesn't play fighting games, but I would love to play some Mortal Kombat on that beast. Fo' sure.

I actually played a bit of Black Ops campaign on it. It was fucking hard to see shit in the dark areas, because when something is dark on a projection screen, it's like actually being the dark, man.

It felt much more involving and intense...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Lead Based Toys wrote:You own stores now too? how 'bout sending a couple G's my way Metal.

Not anymore. I used to own some gamestores but I closed them in 2004 (maybe 2005? scratch ).

Greg KG, international man of mystery, wrote:It was fucking hard to see shit in the dark areas, because when something is dark on a projection screen, it's like actually being the dark, man.

Yeah, I didn't like playing most things on it. Wipeout and Descent were pretty bad-ass on it though.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I guess it take getting used to, man.

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

I don't think that looks 120", but it does look HUGE. I always wished I could play videogames on a projector screen. I didn't know many people actually did, though! But, is there any lag on that (like the HDTV lag)? It would probably be worth it anyway.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11 wrote:I don't think that looks 120", but it does look HUGE. I always wished I could play videogames on a projector screen. I didn't know many people actually did, though! But, is there any lag on that (like the HDTV lag)? It would probably be worth it anyway.

120" man, I'm telling you. No lag at all either.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It happens sometimes.

And then, there are times that it's like adrenaline pumps through me and I have lightning reflexes and pinpoint accuracy, getting 2-3 combat excellence pins in a row, arming/disarming MCOMs, saving teammates, etc.

Everyone has bad days. And it's even easier for it to happen because you may be used to certain tactics working and the enemy team is used to countering them, or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stuff like that.

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Tommy Chong wrote:
Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11 wrote:I don't think that looks 120", but it does look HUGE. I always wished I could play videogames on a projector screen. I didn't know many people actually did, though! But, is there any lag on that (like the HDTV lag)? It would probably be worth it anyway.

120" man, I'm telling you. No lag at all either.

My pants just got tighter.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Haha, classy, man.

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Awesome Cred!!!!11 Finally!!!11!!1!!!!!111!!!!11one!!!!!11!11!!!!1

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Your excitement has earned you another...
Plus I feel bad for knifing you the other day...

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Metalzoic wrote:Your excitement has earned you another...
Plus I feel bad for knifing you the other day...

Yay! I don't remember you knifing me though. Then again, I never do, unless it's Khult because he's notorious for knifing everyone.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I meant in Black Ops.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Have some more awesome cred from me, man. You're now very awesome...

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

^This is way better than Christmas (exaggeration)!

Metalzoic wrote:I meant in Black Ops.
Oh yeah! I attempt not to kill people on my friends list if I randomly join their game. Although I recently changed it to only if my team is getting raped or it's extremely funny (the random grenade toss, flamethrower, tomahawk, and ballistic knife are exceptions to these rules). Subject to change.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11 wrote:^This is way better than Christmas (exaggeration)!

Metalzoic wrote:I meant in Black Ops.
Oh yeah! I attempt not to kill people on my friends list if I randomly join their game. Although I recently changed it to only if my team is getting raped or it's extremely funny (the random grenade toss, flamethrower, tomahawk, and ballistic knife are exceptions to these rules). Subject to change.

I seem to do the opposite, search for people on my friend's list when on the enemy team, man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum