Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need players to play on/test faction server.

+5
UnitedFactions
The Adli Corporation
Epyk MD
Razzle Snazzle
Kitsune
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Kitsune

Kitsune

One of my friends decided to start up a factions server. We're still setting up a bit (the rainbow spawn was NOT my idea xD I wanted a TNT floor, but they thought it would be hilarious to have a rainbow floor on a server involving lots of griefing and killing) but feel free to join and start building if you want. We're trying to get more people on the server playing; if becomes successful enough, we'll get a dedicated server. The connection is actually nearly lag free, and you'll have an advantage if you start building up early.

If you're interesting in giving it a shot (you don't have to leave your other server or anything, you can play on both. I've played on up to 3 servers before at different times of day), the IP is:

mooomooo.dyndns.org

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

i was on for a few minutes, nothing much happened xD one dude was just standing there

Kitsune

Kitsune

Yeah, only Human was there. We need to get more players and factions to get it going. Faction servers are very difficult to get started.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

you could use a faction mod XD Have knights, rogues, and assassins in the wild. lol

Kitsune

Kitsune

No, because then people would all have to install a mod to their client, and that creates problems sometimes. I'm talking to the admin now, to see if we can temporarily do anarchy, and switch to factions when we have more people. Otherwise, we just need to try to get a lot of people playing and creating different factions so we actually get newer people a reason to play. Starting off is just hard, because there's nobody to fight or build with. Groups of friends are good for faction servers. Very Happy

We were going to originally going to use Mcmmo as well, but it creates an unfair advantage to newer players in combat, and in addition to that, makes us have to build shops far earlier, balance economy, etc. That's all stuff we want to eventually put in once we have more players.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

Can i start a mage faction? can we throw fireballs? o.o Very Happy lol

Kitsune

Kitsune

Lol, no. Factions are just groups. It's a PvP server. Here's how it works:

By default, you have faction admins (leaders), moderators, and just normal members. The faction admin is in charge of the whole faction (obviously), but the moderator has almost as much power, and can claim land, recruit/kick/ban members.

Each person in your faction gives 10 more power total to your faction. You use power to claim land, which protects blocks/chests inside of it from being destroyed directly, and doors being opened. Also, in claimed land, you take 30% less damage from attacks from enemy players. Dying makes you lose power (each player has a max of 10), with a minimum of -10 power being capable. If your power is less than your land, enemy factions can enter your land, claim it, then steal/destroy things, as well as getting the same damage reduction that you would've got while fighting. You slowly regenerate power over time while you're online.

TNT cannons bypass faction protection. So if you shoot TNT into a base, it can still destroy chests, allowing you to loot, and can be used to breach doors/walls so you can enter and kill the players inside.

Factions are fun, but they are a step down in difficulty from anarchy servers.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

wtf i need a calculator XD

Kitsune

Kitsune

Well, simply put:

Having more players in your faction makes it more powerful, enabling you to protect more land, but increases your risk of infiltration by an enemy spy who will tear your base apart from the inside by unclaiming things/stealing/opening doors for other factions.

Kill other faction players to lower their power and take their land/loot from them.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

How can i make a faction?

Kitsune

Kitsune

I think it's:

/f create [name of faction]

Also, it just went down because the admin is quickly installing plugins, like NoCheat and such.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

I'm on the server now, and plan to be on for a while Very Happy

Kitsune

Kitsune

If you can find more people to play *cough* SeC *cough* and they can get some people on, that would be great as well. Very Happy

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

Awright, how do i set up a base for my faction though? o.o

Kitsune

Kitsune

I think it's /f claim on land you want to claim; feel free to ask Human or Walrus about it.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

Who is your friend? what is your name that they know you by? they asking me O_O

Kitsune

Kitsune

Oh sorry xD I wasn't looking at this. That's Imnotahuman. THey know me only by DrBob Very Happy

Kitsune

Kitsune

Snazzle, after factions are fixed, get power to claim land, and run away/make a new house. Get some planks, make wood sword to defend yourself, then quickly get a pick, then make a stone sword. Then, sneak up on the guy and kill him; that leather armour is really damaged if he killed you while you were in it.

If you can't killed him, just retreat and hide somewhere else, then make a house farther away, then claim it.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Sorry for the current inconviences; we're playing with plugins right now; and the server has to keep being restarted. Sad

Also, use /f help to learn more faction commands. /f invite "Playername" invites a person to your faction, and make sure to use /f close whenever you make a faction, so not just anybody can join. You can also set a faction home within your own territory using something like /f sethome.

I would highly recommend sticking together, especially if you trust one another. Right now, not many players are on, so you're pretty safe, however, a random person did join and murder Snazzle/steal his things, so be on your toes Smile

Map border is at 5,000 blocks in ever direction; you can't build past that. The server will be much more fun when more people join and will be engaging in PvP and raging at each other, I promise. Very Happy

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

This server is a fucking shithole, and it sucks balls. ^^ BUT I WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

Kitsune

Kitsune

Lol. The main reason it's going down so much is the fact that people were abusing /spy that the admin put in. Hence the random blocks appearing, despite me repeatedly telling Human NOT to do it -_- Human is two seconds away from losing his admin, lol.

The problem is the lack of people; Jelly is going to post on the MCforums tomorrow, and also, we're going to get a dedicated server so we can hold a lot of people (necessary for factions). You guys need to stick together in order to survive.

Server will be up once admin gets plugins sorted out.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't handle more asswipes Sad I'll probably be leaving soon xD once i get wiped out

Kitsune

Kitsune

You're pretty safe where you're at.

Just know, that this server is actually very tame because there's so little people online.

Just think, when I joined Jkeller's server a long time ago, there was zero spawn protection (could be killed as soon as you spawned), the spawn are was a giant crater with lava/water seeping in, and mobs attacking you if it was night, and people were constantly looking for things to burn/destroy. Very Happy

Factions are nice because you get a little bit of protection on your buildings, as long as you don't die.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

yeah... i got no protection. not even a condom. I hate this. Evil or Very Mad

Kitsune

Kitsune

xD

When you claim land, people can't damage the blocks or open doors/chests directly. Don't worry about it too much; you should be safe for a while where you're at, and you'll have plenty of time to build up. If you get more people you trust in your faction, you'll also be able to claim more land to protect more blocks.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Sorry for the server stop again; Human is creating problems again. >_> We gave him lots of warnings, but he hasn't listened, even yesterday, so we finally had to de-op him.

More people should be on tomorrow for you guys to fight with.

Btw, erk, you have the right idea of how to hide. You may want to go deeper underground later though, or build where Snazzle is. Very Happy

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

couldnt connect

Kitsune

Kitsune

Try again; we're having to reboot a lot. Sad Permissions are being a pain, and we've had to remove certain admins and such.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Btw, there are two other players in a faction now, so you have potential people as enemies Very Happy

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

i cant connect to the server, ive been trying all day

Kitsune

Kitsune

It's back up now. Very Happy

Getting faction servers started up is such a pain; when there's no people to play with it gets boring, so it's always getting the first group of players in that's a challenge.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ok imma give it a go.

i might end up punching people Razz

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

damn, got kicked and now i cant reconnect Razz

Kitsune

Kitsune

It's okay, server is down because factions are going away, except for the one that protects the spawn, world border is gone for the most part; server is becoming mostly anarchy server.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Server is back up. Smile

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

its down again

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

How do i become a builder like jeremy? Walrus took my stuff for no reason and called me an op? but then he said i wasnt. so confused @_@

Kitsune

Kitsune

What? Let me get back on TS. Jrmy is yet another admin; he needs to learn to behave himself as well though (we're currently sorting through admins and making sure they can handle it). I'll talk to Walrus and see what's up; if Jrmy spawned you something, that may be why he cleared your inv. Either way, I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

Kitsune

Kitsune

I found out what happened; he thought you had somehow given yourself items, but it was denied in the console, so he gave your things back.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

he gave me some things back, it was no big deal, i can just go get the stuff again. Razz I just want to play! Very Happy This is my new server. and if we could somehow find out how to do this, could we get 2 portals, one by our base and another by spawn, so we can go back and forth? Very Happy I like jer. Razz he's nice, but quiet

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

and i didn't give myself items, but i do have the TooManyItems thing on the side of my inventory, it says i don't have access tho Sad I'll behave myself. im a good boi Very Happy

Kitsune

Kitsune

Yeah, jrmy is a cool guy. Yeah, the admin is thinking of including WormholeXtreme with the server, because it's nice for traveling vast distance, but is balanced, because other people can follow you through your gate and destroy your base/kill you if you aren't careful, or worse, find out the dial/password, then come through and kill you too. xD

It wouldn't work anyways because inventory is server-side, and we can see player inventory's at any time we want to with a command. Very Happy

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

I wouldn't abuse it even if i could o.o Its too risky >.> don't want to get kicked off the server Very Happy Plus im nice? >Very Happy

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

jeremy has me trapped in a room at the bottom of the map, and he killed me twice. For no reason! he just TP me to him and started killing me? HELP

Kitsune

Kitsune

Alright, I'll get on, lol.

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

HELP AGAIN, he just put me in a prison?

Kitsune

Kitsune

Really? I'm going to have to talk to Walrus and such later then -_-'

Kitsune

Kitsune

K, I see now. Whenever walrus gets back on, I'll tell him to de-op him; he apparently can't handle the responsibility of being admin. He has been screwing around way too much.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

its okay Smile and thanks! Very Happy if you need somebody to take his spot.... ~wink wink~ >.>

Razzle Snazzle

Razzle Snazzle

he killed my wolf!!!! Sad Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum