Cubist Castle
Frostbyrn
DRGN LRD 1213
Kitsune
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kitsune

Kitsune

Just when I was losing all hope in everything, get a callback from Walmart, about 2-3 weeks after I put in an application asking if I can show up for an interview at 2:30, which I obviously said "Yes", lol. The bad thing is, I have to drive into town...but I haven't had a lot of practice driving, and I can't get a ride today. I'm so unprepared for this, but I'm going to go anyways.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

You can do it man! I have faith in you!

Retail jobs are pretty fun! I had a balst when I was young and worked retail!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol i just had the image of you working in Walmart like Weeny Patrick Very Happy

Kitsune

Kitsune

I hope it's kinda fun; I think it's a spot for the Dairy department, which probably means lots of carrying things.

Weeny Patrick??

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TYXTCyS6rgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Dairy department? Not sue what that is. I worked sporting goods in the winter and garden shop in the summer.

Best part was going up to flirt with the cashier girls!

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Carrying things is good. I like physical labor because the time flies by while you're doing it. The worst days at work are when I have no work to do, because then my shift just takes forever.

So they called you today, and scheduled your interview for today? That's odd.
Good luck!

D

Excellent news Bob. Good stuff man. Good luck on your interview.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Oh, Frost. xD

I'm not much of flirting material, unfortunately :/

And yeah, I found it a little strange, they called me, then scheduled the interview about 2 hours after they did.

Thank you. And thank you for the support from all of you, I'm going to need it...a lot, lol.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well just talk to them man! Or they might just talk to you sir =op

Regardless good luck fox! I'll try and send some good vibes you way and hope you get the job!

D

Yeah that's not a whole lot of lead time, but they may mean they really need people so that may work in your favor.

How far away is it? It's 1:30 now, don't be late dude.

Knock em dead! Also, be sure to take a copy of your resume if you have one even if they have yours already.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Yeah, it's time to go. I'll be sure to try my best; see you later guys, will tell you how it goes.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Good uck man!!

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

That's awesome, good luck!! Let us know how it goes.

chunckylover53

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:You can do it man! I have faith in you!

Retail jobs are pretty fun! I had a balst when I was young and worked retail!

Retail jobs are fun? I only hear horror stories about them. Good luck hope you get it.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I loved working in retail the few times I did it. Always had a blast and got to talk to random people.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

woooooooo!

interview it like a boss!

hope it all goes well Very Happy

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

HAL 9000 wrote:Carrying things is good. I like physical labor because the time flies by while you're doing it. The worst days at work are when I have no work to do, because then my shift just takes forever.

So they called you today, and scheduled your interview for today? That's odd.
Good luck!

I've been like this today...

I have absolutely nothing to do right now, so I'm just wasting time until I get something I need to work on a system.

D

I made a customer cry once while working at Mervyn's.

chunckylover53

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:I made a customer cry once while working at Mervyn's.

You know we want the story! What is a "Mervyn's?" Never heard of it.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Do tell the story!

And, isn't Mervyn one of those boring stores with clothes, perfumes, and all that shit that women love?

D

Mervyn's is a department store out here in CA. Not sure if they're anywhere else. My auntie got me a job there during my Christmas' break when I was in HS, or maybe it was Summer, I can't remember. Had to have been Summer since getting a job for just 2 weeks seems strange.

Anyways, this lady comes in and tries to return some stuff without a receipt. No biggie, but she can't get cash without a receipt only store credit. I explain this to her many times while remaining calm, but she's becoming more and more agitated. So finally I tell her, "Look, you can't get cash without a reciept, only store credit, would you like to speak to a manager?" (Or something to that effect, this was like 15 years ago so I'm kinda foggy on the details)

She gets all pissed, snatches the item from me and goes over to the Customer Service desk to try to get the money from them. I guess she was complaining about me to the person at the CS desk who just happened to be.... wait for it.... my auntie lol. So basically she told her the same thing and she gave her store credit, but apparently she started crying on the way to the CS desk so my auntie always gives me a hard time about "making the girl cry and Mervyn's"

So yeah, not as exciting as you think, I made someone cry because I was doing my job and following the store guidelines.

D

Ars Diaboli wrote:Do tell the story!

And, isn't Mervyn one of those boring stores with clothes, perfumes, and all that shit that women love?

LOL I'm a guy and I like clothes.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

PFFT. There are so many times I wish I could yell at customers were I work. But I can get in trouble if I joke around with them in a out of business tone.
SERIOUSLY!. I had a complaint filed against me because I told the punchline to a crappy joke once.

I was working in Produce and I was restocking navel Oranges. This older woman came over to me, and asked "You got any grapes!"
Me trying to be polite responded in a happy upbeat tone "No but we got nails!" hoping she would get it(I said that multiple times that day and no one got it but one guy). She looked at me like I was stupid so I just responded with "Im just kidding, follow me." and took her to them.

Ten minutes later my manager came up saying that she had a customer complaining that I wasn't acting in a professional manner. My manager wasn't mad, just telling me that I had a customer report filed on me and not to worry cause the old woman was a bitch.

Zillah

Zillah

Roberto wrote:"You got any grapes!"
Me trying to be polite responded in a happy upbeat tone "No but we got nails!"
scratch

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Zillah wrote:
Roberto wrote:"You got any grapes!"
Me trying to be polite responded in a happy upbeat tone "No but we got nails!"
scratch

Its AN OLLLLD as joke. About a Duck who constantly walks into a store asking for grapes and annoying the owner. Who tells him after several times next time he walks in he will nail his feet to the floor. Duck walks in the next day. and asked if he had any nails, owner says no, duck asks for grapes.

Joke is older then me man!!!

Zillah

Zillah

awww yeah i know that joke! theres some annoying video on youtube of it with like 100 million views too

batonpass

batonpass

I'm happy for you, man! Good luck with your interview.

I actually just filled out the paperwork for my new job. You can visit me at Panera/Paradise Bread anytime. Very Happy

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Renegade wrote:I'm happy for you, man! Good luck with your interview.

I actually just filled out the paperwork for my new job. You can visit me at Panera/Paradise Bread anytime. Very Happy

My sister works at Panera, she loves it there. She says it's really relaxed and easy.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:
Ars Diaboli wrote:Do tell the story!

LOL I'm a guy and I like clothes.

clothes are overrated...

*naked time*

Cool

Kitsune

Kitsune

Got turned down, not a big surprise anyways. Waited 3 years for nothing, go figure.

Chewy

Chewy

Aw that sucks man. Don't worry you'll get a job sooner or later, there's plenty of places to apply to if you look hard enough.

If I were you I'd take this approach next:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B91wki_jQf0#t=0m46s

D

Kitsune wrote:Got turned down, not a big surprise anyways. Waited 3 years for nothing, go figure.

Sorry to hear that man. Don't let it discourage you though. So they told you no right then and there?

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Sorry to hear that Sad Did they fill up the spots or something?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum