chunckylover53
Grey
Ars Diaboli
Frostbyrn
Metalzoic
Mrs. Terry of Hat
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My baby brother got MARRIED!! Empty My baby brother got MARRIED!! 2011-08-20, 23:40

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

He and his long-time girlfriend went to Niagra Falls and got married yesterday...they've been planning it for months apparently and wanted to surprise everyone. I was helluva surprised haha!

Very happy for them but I was shocked. They were talking about getting engaged about four or five months ago and I thought that's what the news was xD

Wow, I may be in shock for like a week now.

He's three years younger than me and going to be a junior in college so needless to say I was expecting an engagement first, lol.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

How long have they been together? Was this sudden or just surprising?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

They didnt invite family?

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Seems weird to me, given how young he is, but who knows. Good luck for them!

A friend of mine got married last year at 22, which in my country is very strange and hasty to do (unless you get the girl pregnant I guess Laughing).

Grey

Grey

I brought the Wedding Cake... Or should I say
Spoiler:

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

They've been together for about four or five years, and we knew they were gonna get married eventually, but I wasn't expecting it at all haha!

They had been pretty adamant that when they got married they didn't want to have a wedding, they just wanted to elope, but I thought that we would at least know first Razz
I thought that they would wait until after college too cause that was never an option for me with my mom but apparently no one cares what he does xD

I was only 21 when Ehat and I got married, but we'd been together for seven years so I didn't think that was weird. Same thing with my brother, only he is a little younger haha.

Makes me feel old.

chunckylover53

Surprise weddings are always the cheapest.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Rainbow Vakarian wrote:I brought the Wedding Cake... Or should I say
Spoiler:

did they have Plemmot Babber am Jemmy sammiches?

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

chunckylover53 wrote:Surprise weddings are always the cheapest.

Yeah, they paid $350 for the chapel/video and she bought a cheap dress from Charlotte Russe and he wore a suit. Obviously they paid to stay down in Niagra Falls for three days and their rings and stuff, but I can't imagine they broke $1,000 on it. I wish I had only spent $1,000 on my wedding LOL!

They said that they had such fun watching us plan our wedding last year they didn't want to do it themselves Razz Don't blame them!

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Trying to plan a wedding is a giant pain in the ass. If I ever have to go through something like that again, I might shoot someone.

chunckylover53

lol yeah me and my girlfriend both agreed that if we ever get married we'd just vegas it. I am sure a big wedding would be nice but maaan they are expensive i don't think you could get away with spending 10k even.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

chunckylover53 wrote:lol yeah me and my girlfriend both agreed that if we ever get married we'd just vegas it. I am sure a big wedding would be nice but maaan they are expensive i don't think you could get away with spending 10k even.

Mine was costing $7000. When it was said and over with, we managed to get $5000 back. Ended up losing $2000, which I'm not happy about, but shit happens.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Oh man, I don't even want to say how much we spent on our wedding. Granted, we had an out-of-town wedding and all of our guests stayed down there for the weekend, so we paid for our bridal party's rooms, food the whole weekend, etc, plus the fee to rent the entire place out. It was monstrous. It was an absolutely perfect, amazing wedding and I wouldn't have changed it, but it was helluva expensive haha!

We got married at a medieval castle bed-and-breakfast so it was pretty badass though. But sometimes I wish that we had spent all that money on a super long, awesome honeymoon and just eloped, haha!

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Yeah, that does sound like it would be expensive having to pay for all that. We were paying for the wedding and reception. That was it. Everyone else was paying for whatever it was they wanted.

D

I think eloping/small ceremonies are the best way to go. I'm not a huge fan of the huge wedding spectacles. So many aspects of it seem to be about people other than the bride and groom.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Kari and I were together for almost 9 years before we got married. Did close to the same thing except we went to Vegas and invited friends and family. We did it pretty cheap, the most expensive thing was airfair.

We just had everyone meet at the Belagio all at the same time and did a sneak attack guerrilla wedding out by the fountains. We all showed up and had the ceremony finished before staff could even get out there to kick us out. Went off without a hitch, plus it wasn't boring!

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

We had a smallish wedding (45 people) and a reception down there, and then a huge reception back home (200+ people) for everyone that didn't come to the wedding. My parents paid for the second reception, but we paid for the whole wedding, first reception, rooms, etc etc. Plus my dress and rings and tux and bridal party gifts...it was pretty much ridiculous, haha! But I wouldn't have changed it, it was absolutely gorgeous and perfect and a great weekend with our family and friends.

I just wish we wouldn't have had to spend so much money to do it Razz

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Metal, that's awesome, LOL!

I liked our wedding -- immediate family only, so it was very small and it was nice because we made a whole weekend out of it. Very laid-back and relaxing. The second reception was never my idea so that was ridiculously extravagant cause I had nothing to do with it, that was all my mom haha!

We were gonna have a potluck in the park and my mom took over. It was crazy. Totally not us at all.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Metalzoic wrote:Kari and I were together for almost 9 years before we got married. Did close to the same thing except we went to Vegas and invited friends and family. We did it pretty cheap, the most expensive thing was airfair.

We just had everyone meet at the Belagio all at the same time and did a sneak attack guerrilla wedding out by the fountains. We all showed up and had the ceremony finished before staff could even get out there to kick us out. Went off without a hitch, plus it wasn't boring!

for some reason i can imagine you in a black ghillie suit with a tie, and your wife in a white ghillie suit and a tiara.
and all the guests are hiding in the bushes with camo paint on their faces Razz

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

for some reason i can imagine you in a black ghillie suit with a tie, and your wife in a white ghillie suit and a tiara.
and all the guests are hiding in the bushes with camo paint on their faces

Close.
My baby brother got MARRIED!! 110

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

nice suit Very Happy

suits are awesome. its a shame i dont get many chances to wear mine Sad

Zillah

Zillah

Metalzoic wrote:Kari and I were together for almost 9 years before we got married. Did close to the same thing except we went to Vegas and invited friends and family. We did it pretty cheap, the most expensive thing was airfair.

Haha awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum