Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want an authentic, realistic Pirate game!

+16
Shinma
Ron Swanson
Pariah
1fnbighen
Chewy
Honey Badger
Cubist Castle
Ante
The Mr. E of Hat
Grey
Patrick Star
infadel117
chunckylover53
The Adli Corporation
Zillah
Symbolic
20 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Symbolic

Symbolic

Somebody please make this! Its such an untapped genre, and could posses a ridicilous amount of potential, with all the history, lore, government involvements, BLACK BEARD and much more. The tech is here to do it properly, but now we just need one damn t.

Zillah

Zillah

True! Id love to play a pirate game Very Happy

There'd be a lot of options for some badass weaponry too.

Symbolic

Symbolic

It needs to happen. I wanna plunder and destroy the French Navy with my aggressive and violent crew.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Zillah wrote:True! Id love to play a pirate game Very Happy

There'd be a lot of options for some badass weaponry too.

yeah but with reload times of 30s it would get pretty stabby in MP Razz

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah any MP would probably have to be melee based for combat.

chunckylover53

Zillah wrote:Yeah any MP would probably have to be melee based for combat.

Flintlock Zillah in the face? Helll yeaaaah.

Zillah

Zillah

make Gilly walk the plank?

yes please.

chunckylover53

Make zillah my crews bitch boy? Sign me up.

infadel117

infadel117

it needs a good desturction engine and a good swimming engine as well

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

infadel117 wrote:it needs a good desturction engine and a good swimming engine as well
or you can just have a few animations for drowning Smile

Grey

Grey

Sims Pirates?

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

For the MMO fans...Pirates of the Burning Seas is free to play now... most realistic ship battles I have seen. Graphics are nice(if not repetitive in towns) but overall a decent time waster now that it is free.

http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Missed_A_Step/

Zillah

Zillah

Pirates of the Caribbean online!

terrible, terrible game...

Ante

Ante

Sid Meiers's Pirates?

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

None of these pirate games sound appealing. (edit: of the existing ones mentioned)
I would like a Bethesda-style pirate game.

infadel117

infadel117

i agree with cram on bethesda style but im not sure id like it to be a pirate game sounds very cool though

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

they could make a sort of strategy game out of it. If done right i would play it constantly

Grey

Grey

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Sid Meiers's Pirates?

That's what I meant.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Why hasnt this been done yet? If made into an open world RPG it could be epic.

Chewy

Chewy

I rented Sid Meiers Pirates randomly before and I thought it was terrible. I was really surprised at how well it was received by everyone else.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

jsut an open world conquest game would be cool

Pariah

Pariah

This may be off topic, but I want an actual pirate ship. Would anyone like to join my crew?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Pariah wrote:This may be off topic, but I want an actual pirate ship. Would anyone like to join my crew?

The day you show up with a badass pirate ship is the day I join your crew.

Shinma

Shinma

I feel like there's one being developed, or WAS and got cancelled. I vaguely remember reading about it in an issue of GI.

Pariah

Pariah

Terrinator wrote:
Pariah wrote:This may be off topic, but I want an actual pirate ship. Would anyone like to join my crew?

The day you show up with a badass pirate ship is the day I join your crew.
Challenge accepted sir. Would you happen to known how to operate a few BFGs?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Cubetron wrote:None of these pirate games sound appealing. (edit: of the existing ones mentioned)
I would like a Bethesda-style pirate game.

infadel117 wrote:i agree with cram on bethesda style but im not sure id like it to be a pirate game sounds very cool though

Bethesda did make one, it was originally called Sea Dogs (if I remember right) but they slapped the Pirates of the Caribbean name on it at the end. It really had nothing to do with the movie. I don't think it had any in game tie to the movie at all if I remember right. Explore islands, ship battles, attacking port towns, trading etc...
Released it for the original Xbox, I think it came out shortly after Morrowind.

Game was mostly open world, basically a 3d Sid 's Pirates, but it was full of horrendous glitches.

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

So...as I continue to read this topic... I throwout Pirates of the Burning Sea once more... which is free....F-R-E-E. One in which the action takes place mostly on sea but you do get to walk around the ports and do land missions invading forts,etc. The ship combat itself is crazy realistic. you can actually see your crew working as you sail into combat. you see the wood splinter as you get shot and you see all the smoke and cannonballs fly. Not to mention the realistic ship health system so your sails break off the hull gets holes in it and you lose cannons. Not to mention the multitude of ammunitions to make said things happen. To top it off you can board other ships and slaughter the crew with your boarding party.

Not to mention....to truly top it all off. As an MMO the entire caribean is conquerable. Nations fight over the ports causing mass pvp zones to errupt due to pirate activity. Due to this you are able to form blockades with other players in order to build unrest and cause pvp zones to break out. The econemy is a game all in itself that its entirely player run and its up to you to set up manufacturing places on islands with resources.

Did I mention it's free?

The character creation is insane in the choices you can get not to mention you can change your appearnce whenever you want. On top of which you can paint your ship however you want and even through a program they have upload and creat your own flag and sail patterns...

And it's free...

Oh and aside from guilds when your nation takes over a port you get to elect a player to be the ports governor. That player gets to handle the treasury and help keep the unrest down so you continue to own the port. As well as some other governor perks.

And if I'm not mistaken it's free.

That is my sails pitch. I'm sure I forgot stuff but whatever.

chunckylover53

I am sure they have a donation/"premium features" option that cost money?

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

They put in a premium shop but alls it does it gives you cosmetic items and additional quests.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sounds good Hat, but it's on PC.

I won't play PC games. Even free ones.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Count me in. Pillage and plunder!

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Metalzoic wrote:Sounds good Hat, but it's on PC.

I love PC games...I play them way more than any console games. Why does everyone hate them so!? Haha.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I say we all play, we can steal peopels shit...then sell it back to them.

Do it, your leader commands you.

I want an authentic, realistic Pirate game! Britney-gal-after%5B1%5D

chunckylover53

Mrs. Terry of Hat wrote:

I love PC games...I play them way more than any console games. Why does everyone hate them so!? Haha.

Because you have to play them on PC yuccck.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Mrs. Terry of Hat wrote:

I think it's just more me than everyone.
I just got completely fed up with the whole update this, search for drivers, download fix, find new driver for fix, game still doesn't work, search internet for help, upgrade computer, get new drivers etc... just to get a game to work.

I understand it's not as bad anymore, but I got so fed up with the cycle of bullshit that I just don't want to go back to PC games.

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

Epyk wrote:I say we all play, we can steal peopels shit...then sell it back to them.

Do it, your leader commands you.

Actually this is a a possibility. I decided to sail through this pvp zone that showed up over night and was blocking the entire gap between two islands I needed to pass through (like hell was I going around)... well some British Navy player attacked me and demanded all of my cargo or else he would sink me and take it from me(downside of being a pirate is you dont get ship insurance so once you sink you lose it for good. But you get a steal ship skill if your a cutthroat class pirate so whatev).

Luckily I was able to out sail his giant war ship in my crappy little sloop and made it to the escape point of the battle.

So yeah... it is a sport to turn low level areas into pvp zones so that you can feed on weaklings like sharks...

Symbolic

Symbolic

That game sounds fun Hat. I may check it out once I get my new computer built.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

so Hat, can you die of Scurvy in that game?

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Mang, scurvy is for noobs.

Everybody knows you gots to eat them citrus fruits.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

The Raddest wrote:Mang, scurvy is for noobs.

Everybody knows you gots to eat them citrus fruits.

YAY! YAY FOR THE ORANGE GAME!

(major AC for reference, MAJOR!)

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

The Orange Game? It's a common game played for an excuse to kiss, like spin the bottle. Your reference could be any number of things, but I will guess that it's referencing that movie with Colin Hanks and Jack Black? Or maybe that movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Seth Green, and a bunch of nobodies?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

The Raddest wrote:The Orange Game? It's a common game played for an excuse to kiss, like spin the bottle. Your reference could be any number of things, but I will guess that it's referencing that movie with Colin Hanks and Jack Black? Or maybe that movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Seth Green, and a bunch of nobodies?

no, no, and once again NO!

its tough, which is why im awarding MAJOR AC for it. (emphasis on MAJOR!)

Zillah

Zillah

Nogbad The Bad wrote:so Hat, can you die of Scurvy in that game?

of course you would ask Rolling Eyes

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Zillah wrote:

hey, he said realism. i want to know if you can die of scurvy, depending on the timeframe it might be incredibly realistic Razz

and yes, i do get it you douche Rolling Eyes

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Zillah wrote:

Because he's a limey?

http://www.instantrimshot.com

The Mr. E of Hat

The Mr. E of Hat

No scurvy that I know of... Tho there is a quest line that rips off castaway and you get stranded on an island but you lose your leg. It unlocks a pegleg in the character customization thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum