We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:02

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

This is a really neat little gun, I've been reading a number of official and user reviews and all have been glowing for the most part. The best thing about this little gun is that it's relatively cheap, around $313 on Buds gun shop and $335 from a local dealer. It's a near exact replica of an M1911A1, the weight is very close and all the safeties and such are the same as you would find on a normal 1911. So you get the same look and feel for half the price and less than half the cost to shoot it, a pretty good bargain if you ask me. To give you all an idea of the cost of ammunition, here's some prices.

.45 ACP: 500 rounds Steel Case Tula = 129.95
9mm: 500 rounds Wolf Military Classic = 79.50
.22 LR: 525 rounds Remington HV = 17.95

Yeah...it's fricken cheap to shoot .22LR

Here's a gun review from the guy who actually went out of his way to check out the AR15 I was interested in at a local dealer on his lunch break. He makes some really cool videos, I suggest any of you gun buffs check out his channel.

2Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:05

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

A .22LR M1911?

Wow that is just so weird to me

3Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:06

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Do you guys have strict gun laws where you live Frost?

4Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:09

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Not really

Dont know what your guys ones are like

Its basically just a no idiots policy

Of course that doesnt stop people acting smart getting a license and then being total morons

No one here ever watches Muzzle sweep either its so stupid

5Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:17

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Muzzle Sweep?

Here in the US, gun laws are all over the place and vary from state to state. For example, I live in Arizona and it's a right to bear arms state, you can own nearly any firearm under the sun provided it's not outright illegal and you are not a criminal (Sorry, no open bolt guns and such like the Thompson unless it was grandfathered under the law). We can buy suppressors and machine guns (Provided you have the cash and the time to fill out the mountains of paper work) and even under barrel grenade launchers if I recall. Most states require you to have a concealed weapons permit if you wish to carry a weapon concealed, Arizona doesn't require that. Chicago in Illinois requires you to register all the fire arms you purchase (Makes sense considering the spiraling crime rates and such as well as all the gang bangers running around).

Then you have gun Nazi states like California where they classify any firearm that has the following an "Assault" weapon and is prohibited.

Pistol grip
detachable magazine
Magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds
adjustable/collapsible stocks
flash suppressors/flash hiders

and a nuance of other things that just don't make any fricken sense. Yes I'm very opinionated on this topic lol.

6Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:22

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You know dont point your barrel at anything your not planning to shoot even if the gun isnt loaded

Nothing scarier than a Moron waving a gun around as a prop during an angry story Very Happy

Dont think your allowed to have concealed weapons in NZ much like Britain I imagine since i dont think either of our countrys Police officers carry guns

But yeah not to familiar on the laws but here they are

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/firearms

7Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 00:34

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sir Shmoopy wrote:You know dont point your barrel at anything your not planning to shoot even if the gun isnt loaded

Nothing scarier than a Moron waving a gun around as a prop during an angry story Very Happy

Dont think your allowed to have concealed weapons in NZ much like Britain I imagine since i dont think either of our countrys Police officers carry guns

Ah, that's what I figured it was, but for some reason I thought you may of been referencing something that was only in NZ (Like a TV show or something, it's been a very long day ~.~)

I know what you mean, had a guy who was at the range next to me and some friends, he was shooting some handguns (An assortment of .22LR up to 45ACP if I recall). His two sons, a 9 and 16 year old were with him, while the dad was busy shooting, his 16 year old decided it was wise to try and fix a jam with the muzzle pointed at his dads flank, finger in the trigger guard, magazine still loaded in the pistol and pulling back on the slide to try and figure out what was wrong. I remember jumping up and going "WHOA!" by reflex, it wasn't a small caliber either, it was a .45, so it would have gone through his dad, and possibly through his kid brother.

The dad didn't seem to keen on gun safety either, he had no idea how to function the bolt on my bolt action Mosin Nagant, let alone did he follow proper safety drills with his kids. Scarey crap out there ya know.

8Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 09:12

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sir Shmoopy wrote:You know dont point your barrel at anything your not planning to shoot even if the gun isnt loaded

yeah the regular 'beat' police you see wandering around on the streets only have the Asps (collapsible batons) and stuff like that.
although units like CO19 have guns, as they are the armed response part of the police.

9Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 10:27

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi

A few months back, I bought a Chiappa 1911 .22. The only thing wrong with it is the cheap ass plastic magazines. The GSG has nice sturdy metal mags. If I had it to do over, I would have waited a few more months and bought the GSG.

10Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 21:36

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Went and fondled around with one of these today. Very nice I have to say, feel almost exactly like a normal 1911. I've pretty much decided, this is going to be m first hand gun I plan on ordering one some time this coming week if not the following week. The costs if I calculated correctly should set me back roughly 350-370. That's for a few extra cleaning supplies and perhaps 500-1000 rounds of .22lR

The weight of the gun was nice, and the magazine felt beefy and surprisingly it was quite heavy for a .22 magazine. The sights were very easy to pick up and put on target, I did pick up another brand by the name of Chiappa, the difference in quality is like trying to compare a fine wine to a can of cheap beer. The GSG 1911 felt, looked and seemed to operate leagues better than it's counterpart.

I'll give you all a range report as soon as I get it and shoot it Smile

11Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-02, 22:20

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

sounds good.I want a .22,probably will get a Marlin Model 60.Only about $150...maybe less lol.Holds 20 in the tube and can be speedfed if you make loaders out of straws

12Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-03, 16:20

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I just ordered it Very Happy

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/62297

It cost roughly with insured shipping and the FFL transfer fee, $345. If all goes well, I should have it sometime this coming up week Smile

13Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-04, 10:09

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I was planning on getting a Mossberg 500,but looks like I'm gonna have to use any money I have to pull some bad teeth out...right bottom wisdom tooth,and 2 bottom right molars.Other wisdom tooth needs out too but it's not hurting now.

-__- I heard it's like 300 bucks just to pull a tooth if you don't have insurance,and 250 for an x ray.

By the time I have the money to spend again,my birthday in Jan. will probably be here lol.On my birthday I'm gonna get a Ruger P95 stainless version.I picked 9mm due to it being cheaper lol and less kick...I didn't care much for the sharp recoil of the 45 I shot before although I could use it if I had to

14Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR Empty Re: Gun Talk: GSG M1911 .22LR 2011-09-04, 16:34

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

That sucks man, I'm lucky that I never had to get my wisdoms pulled. I considered getting the 92FS, but even if it is about half the price of .45, it still gets expensive fast, so the .22LR was the next best bet. Once I feel comfortable with the .22 I'll probably move onto the Beretta 92FS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum