Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war.

+7
Manila Plague
JrTapia1991
Keyser Söze
The Adli Corporation
infadel117
Ron Swanson
Artimise Flare
11 posters

Which of these would you combat the zombie apocalypse with?

Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_lcap55%Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_rcap 55% [ 6 ]
Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_lcap36%Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_lcap0%Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_lcap9%Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

These were the last of a dieing breed, the last true battle rifles of their era before NATO adopted the 5.56 cartridge as their standard rifle round. There are some who still cling to the old battered warhorses though, so I ask you, if you had to stake your life on any of these rifles, which would you choose to shoulder and why?

For me, it's an extremely tough choice, but honestly I'd have to say the FN FAL simply because it's been proven in combat and was the most successful, adopted by over 90 different countries as their standard service rifle, the right arm of the free world. H&K' G3 I'd have to say would be following up as an extremely close second.

FN FAL: Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. A1117a_ex

H&K G3: Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Cetme

Springfield M14: Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. M14

SIG SG510: Gun Talk: If you could only have one of these to take to war. Sig-510-7t-prato-copia

Last edited by Artimise Flare on 2012-07-18, 21:38; edited 1 time in total

FN FAL all day

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The FN FAL is the only one that had wide sucess. All these others seemed to have some sort of small problem with them so FN FAL

infadel117

infadel117

M14

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

FN FAL because you said so and are much more knowledgeable then me on these matters Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, your lads in England once used the FAL Adi. The L1A1 SLR, a license production made in the UK which served for roughly 40 years before being replaced by the L85.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I don't need a gun, I spit bullets.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

M14 but I wouldn't use it full auto

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

i would go for silent weapons

guns make sound and sound brings more zombies

i would want a small crossbow, a modern long bow and knives... lots of knives

Pariah

Pariah

FAL. Simply because I know it's track record is miles long, and one of the men of my village was a retired mercenary, and he swore by that gun.

Manila, if I may make an aside, any bowman versus a modern gunman is going to get shot. Crossbows are wildly inaccurate at medium-long range, A longbow is extremely difficult to fire accurately while moving (and if the dude is spraying bullets you'd better have cover) and even if you hit him, arrows actually do very little damage unless they hit a crucial point. Hit his aorta, his eye, carotid/jugular, that'll take a few seconds to kill. Shoulder, legs, most of the rest of the body, he can get up and move, albeit with pain.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I just realized now that this is concerning a zombie apocalypse.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Pariah wrote:
Manila, if I may make an aside, any bowman versus a modern gunman is going to get shot. Crossbows are wildly inaccurate at medium-long range, A longbow is extremely difficult to fire accurately while moving (and if the dude is spraying bullets you'd better have cover) and even if you hit him, arrows actually do very little damage unless they hit a crucial point. Hit his aorta, his eye, carotid/jugular, that'll take a few seconds to kill. Shoulder, legs, most of the rest of the body, he can get up and move, albeit with pain.

For zombies. He said a bow for zombies...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea it was hard to choose between the two.I would say M14 for long range.For up close/medium probably the FAL indeed,I think it's shorter and lighter than the M14

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

Rectal Tenesmus wrote:
Pariah wrote:

For zombies. He said a bow for zombies...

yeah pariah... for zombies not people.... this is a zombie topic

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

FAL.
I had 30,000 kills with it BLOPS so I'm already a pro with it... Wink

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

hrm wait isn't this a zombie topic???

i am so lost now

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Manila Plague wrote:hrm wait isn't this a zombie topic???

i am so lost now

It is. It is.

Last edited by Rectal Tenesmus on 2012-07-18, 23:18; edited 1 time in total

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

i see it now "Which of these would you combat the zombie apocalypse with?"

so yeah i still stand behind my selection of silent weapons

if you make noise you are dead

Pariah

Pariah

True that, but I'm going to argue the innaccuracy again. X-Bows are a nightmare to load and fire, and bows are just awful to learn with. I have about 5 years experience with longbows and compound bows, and trust me when I say it's not something you pick up in a day. Plus arrows will always be a problem.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Pariah wrote:True that, but I'm going to argue

What else is new...

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Manila Plague wrote:i see it now "Which of these would you combat the zombie apocalypse with?"

so yeah i still stand behind my selection of silent weapons

if you make noise you are dead

I would opt for a matana. It's a machete meets a katana.

I would also opt for camouflage made of rotten, decomposing flesh and carrion aroma odour.

infadel117

infadel117

Pariah wrote:True that, but I'm going to argue the innaccuracy again. X-Bows are a nightmare to load and fire, and bows are just awful to learn with. I have about 5 years experience with longbows and compound bows, and trust me when I say it's not something you pick up in a day. Plus arrows will always be a problem.
not everyone has the same problems with learning how to use a bow. im actually pretty good with a bow, for someone who doesnt use them almost ever, all you gotta know is the bow your using and the object your shooting to be an expert

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

<-------------- totally not an archery instructor.... once again i stand by my selection

i can manufacture arrows much easier that bullets... hell i can even make a bow if i felt so inclined

guns make to much noise and unless you have a way to produce ammo you rounds are finite

cross bow + machete + long bow = win

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

furthermore arrows can be retrieved

bullets can not

infadel117

infadel117

Manila Plague wrote:furthermore arrows can be retrieved

bullets can not
so can a throwing axe Very Happy

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

basically my rationale is by using covert weaponry that is sustainable i can avoid situations that would require mass amounts of firepower that would alert more zombies to my location or worse other people.

Pariah

Pariah

Wait are you actually an archery instructor? My mistake man, I though you were just one of those guys who saw Rambo with a bow and thought "derp, I can do that"

If you're that good at it, go for it. My mistake.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

a machete/axe would always be nice for backup Very Happy

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

see i favor the machete or sword over an axe for the axe is more prone to get stuck

and no need to apologize pariah. there is no way for you to know i am proficient with archery

Pariah

Pariah

Manila Plague wrote:see i favor the machete or sword over an axe for the axe is more prone to get stuck

and no need to apologize pariah. there is no way for you to know i am proficient with archery

Actually I'm just going to apologise in general. I act like a dick when I argue, because deep down I truly love to argue and debate. Tonight it was with you, but I do it often and I know it's aggravating. I'm sorry to all of you.

infadel117

infadel117

well thanks pariah cause i was pissed off

jk

Pariah

Pariah

infadel117 wrote:well thanks pariah cause i was pissed off

jk

if you want to take a shot at me, or anyone else does, go for a pm or just hit it here. I don't really care at the moment.

infadel117

infadel117

i have no reason to take a shot at you atm so i'll leave my joking at that lol

Voltaire

Voltaire

Of these choices I would choose the M14 or the more recent M1A because I have more experience with the platform. If I had a choice I would also choose a bow. I am a fairly good with my compound bow.

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Voltaire wrote:Of these choices I would choose the M14 or the more recent M1A because I have more experience with the platform. If I had a choice I would also choose a bow. I am a fairly good with my compound bow.

The M1A is essentially a civilian version of the M14, it lacks the parts required to go full auto. Still a great rifle though, very very accurate.

Voltaire

Voltaire

That is why I would use it. Full-auto is a waste of ammo against zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i agree with Manila. my dad is pretty good at archery (a lot of silver medals and a few gold medals) and its crazy how accurate he is. he can shoot coins Razz

chunckylover53

I'd take the SIG because no one else wants it and therefore would be lots of ammo for me to shoot zombie birds with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum