+5
Ante
Dropped Da Soap
Manila Plague
Zillah
1fnbighen
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How much are capture cards? Empty How much are capture cards? 2011-09-07, 20:10

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Are they worth it? i dont even know if im going to get one.

Zillah

Zillah

ive been thinking about making this exact same topic

gotta get that machinima contract.

But ive been looking, and HD PVRs (personal video recorders) are about $200... kinda too much for me.

my question - can capture cards record in HD?

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

yes they can.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html

please see topic on montage songs

i guess we've all been thinking of making vids

Zillah

Zillah

Manila Plague wrote:yes they can.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html

please see topic on montage songs

i guess we've all been thinking of making vids

hey thanks for the link. $100 seems much more reasonable, I might have to buy one of those.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Is the Dazzle worthbuying at all? Its like 60 bucks...

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

got a link?

i'll give my opinion

NP zillah

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

lately ive gotten good with the at4. and cod 5 was my best cod for getting clips too.
i could get a good montage in ok time. and my commentary i dont think would be too bad

Ante

Ante

The Hauppage HD PVR is what all the top-tier youtube commentators use. I'll be picking one up after I get my new vidya card and an external HDD. Gameplay videos take up mucho space guys, especially in HD.

Zillah

Zillah

same. plus if you release videos of Gears 3 or BF3 right when it comes out, youre guaranteed to get tons of views on youtube.

anyone know what the deal is with youtube partnerships?

10How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-07, 21:30

Ante

Ante

Zillah wrote:same. plus if you release videos of Gears 3 or BF3 right when it comes out, youre guaranteed to get tons of views on youtube.

anyone know what the deal is with youtube partnerships?

You have to get ~5000 views per week on each video upload to qualify for it. It's not a large sum of money either, unless you REALLY rake in the views.

11How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-07, 21:33

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

i'm just more so wanting to have an area on our forum where we can upload our clips to share with fellow SeCers

12How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-07, 21:37

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I am planning on getting that Dazzle though, its only 60 bucks, and I don't think it is too hard to use.

13How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:12

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

If a few of you guys get cap cards you should get a whole squad together and go through an entire game switching up viewpoints and stuff.

I'd be like a frikken movie, man!!!

14How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:12

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah ill probably be buying one in the next month or so.

15How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:22

Ante

Ante

Dante wrote:If a few of you guys get cap cards you should get a whole squad together and go through an entire game switching up viewpoints and stuff.

I'd be like a frikken movie, man!!!

How much are capture cards? E3ued

But seriously, I like this idea.

16How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:27

Voltaire

Voltaire

Epyk and I both have the HD-PVR and speaking only for me, I love it. Great quality and easy to use. You might also what to look into the Blackmagic Intensity Pro or Shuttle. They are supposed to be really good quality also. I was going to get the Shuttle originally but my motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0 which sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

17How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:32

Zillah

Zillah

how much did you pay for your PVR volt?

18How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:41

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Manila Plague wrote:i'm just more so wanting to have an area on our forum where we can upload our clips to share with fellow SeCers

Thumbs up

its coming

19How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:41

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i bricked mine >.>

NEVER plug in a DC cord if your not sure its the right one.

20How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:43

Ante

Ante

Epyk wrote:i bricked mine >.>

That's an expensive mistake.

Warranty?

21How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:43

asdf

asdf

Brock Harrison wrote:I am planning on getting that Dazzle though, its only 60 bucks, and I don't think it is too hard to use.

Get an HD one. I have the standard RCA one for recording game footage from old consoles.

Last edited by ThePeavstenator on 2011-09-08, 00:47; edited 1 time in total

22How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:45

Zillah

Zillah

Epyk wrote:i bricked mine >.>

yep, done that before..

feelbadman

23How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:46

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

ive emailed them, im not sure...cant find the receipt

24How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 00:52

Voltaire

Voltaire

I payed the $200 to get one of the more recent versions straight from the manufacturer. I had heard that while Amazon did have a lower price they also had some older models that were prone to overheating. This was about 1 year ago so they may not have that issue anymore.

25How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 01:00

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

My friend has one of these. He has yet to actually upload anything though.

How well would ths work?
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-VC500-Touch-Capture-Device/dp/B000VM60I8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315454106&sr=8-1

26How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 01:03

Voltaire

Voltaire

Can't say how well it will work because I have never heard of it. But it might be okay, just know that you won't be able to record in HD.

27How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 01:05

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ah, how well will the quality be if its not in HD?

28How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 01:16

Voltaire

Voltaire

I just looked at it again and it looks like you won't be able to play on your TV while you play which means you will play the game through the preview window on the recording software. Also it uses composite and S-video cables which means the quality will be pretty poor.

29How much are capture cards? Empty Re: How much are capture cards? 2011-09-08, 03:35

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow, thats out then. I might just look that Dazzle thing. As long as the quality is good, then it not being in HD wont bother me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum