Grey
Epyk MD
Wacco
Air Supremacy
StormEye
Pariah
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flaming distaste for Physics Empty Flaming distaste for Physics 2011-09-08, 01:36

Pariah

Pariah

beyond the whole, "dicking around with all of reality" shtick, I hate physics just because of the copious amounts of homework I must do to understand it.

StormEye

StormEye

I was not really a fan of physics while in school, but I was much more interested in it after graduating, and now I have much better understanding of the subject. I am actually horrible at chmistry and biology (too much memorization).

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

Pariah wrote:beyond the whole, "dicking around with all of reality" shtick, I hate physics just because of the copious amounts of homework I must do to understand it.

The best way to do physics is to make up shorthand formulas out of existing ones.

Oh, and I'd highly recommend making a lil cheatsheet with all the formulas for that specific quiz/test.

Pariah

Pariah

StormEye wrote:I was not really a fan of physics while in school, but I was much more interested in it after graduating, and now I have much better understanding of the subject. I am actually horrible at chmistry and biology (too much memorization).
see chem and bio I kinda enjoyed, just for the practical applications that I could see. I plan on going into programming soon, and I know that physics will be HUGELY important then, but right now, taking the AP Physics class with about .1% of the prerequisite knowledge...yeah not fun. That and my teacher (who probably learned physics from Aristotle himself) assigns annoyingly large amounts of rather tedious, difficult work each night.

Pariah

Pariah

Dante wrote:
Pariah wrote:beyond the whole, "dicking around with all of reality" shtick, I hate physics just because of the copious amounts of homework I must do to understand it.

The best way to do physics is to make up shorthand formulas out of existing ones.

Oh, and I'd highly recommend making a lil cheatsheet with all the formulas for that specific quiz/test.
thats what I plan on doing, seeing as I can barely use all the formulae introduced thus far.

Wacco

I hate physics too man. It's not difficult so far though, mostly because we haven't done anything. At all. My teacher doesn't teach us anything or make us do anything in class, but then we're expected to know stuff on tests. That's always annoying. Sadly, physics is my easy class this year

Pariah

Pariah

that bites man. our teacher is trying to cram about two-three days worth of classes into each day because we're now on a block schedule and i'll tell you. it fucks my day up.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

knowing physics...and math...lets you know how much counter-weight to add to the frozen turkey trebuchet...

Grey

Grey

StormEye

StormEye

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Oaql6f7j9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zillah

Zillah

I love my physics class...

I also have plans to put a rat from the biology lab in my physic's teacher's vacuum chamber

Chewy

Chewy

Pariah wrote:
see chem and bio I kinda enjoyed, just for the practical applications that I could see. I plan on going into programming soon, and I know that physics will be HUGELY important then, but right now, taking the AP Physics class with about .1% of the prerequisite knowledge...yeah not fun. That and my teacher (who probably learned physics from Aristotle himself) assigns annoyingly large amounts of rather tedious, difficult work each night.
??

I don't think physics is used in programming at all, unless I'm applying my knowledge of it without even knowing it.

I always found it relatively easy though, chem on the other hand I had to cheat my way through highschool and avoided it in college. Somehow managed to pass my college physics class with a B without doing any homework.

Khfan60

Khfan60

I think I might be fucked in my Physics class(lol) considering im only just now taking Algebra II this year and there seems to be a lot of that type of math involved. Mad

Pariah

Pariah

Chewy wrote:
Pariah wrote:
??

I don't think physics is used in programming at all, unless I'm applying my knowledge of it without even knowing it.

I always found it relatively easy though, chem on the other hand I had to cheat my way through highschool and avoided it in college. Somehow managed to pass my college physics class with a B without doing any homework.
If I do take up programming, I already know I'll go into game design, in which case physics would be necessary. My only other computer dream besides game design (making my own OS) wouldnt require it so....

Chewy

Chewy

Ahh, yeah for game design it's definitely essential. I just program web apps and database driven stuff so my programming has nothing to do with it.

Wacco

Stifler wrote:I think I might be fucked in my Physics class(lol) considering im only just now taking Algebra II this year and there seems to be a lot of that type of math involved. Mad

Yea, you're probably in trouble. The class I'm in requires you to be in calculus to take it.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I hate Chemistry, but that's about it.

Math is a skill and takes practice. Some of it takes a lot of practice.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

I did terrible at physics. I'm not the best at math, but somehow I was in the more advanced classes in high school.
Anyway, we had to build a car powered by a mouse trap. Some people bought kits, and some people came up with original designs. It had to travel 3 meters EXACTLY and stop on a dime. Mine went six inches, spun in a circle and fell on its side.

F.

I got a C over all in the class, though.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Also, I <3 Chemistry. I think it's really interesting. I kind of want to get a periodic table tattoo.

Zillah

Zillah

I really love all science. taking phsyics and psychology, and would be taking Chem 2 if i could.

My physics teacher is really interesting, and i talk to him a lot about thought experiments Very Happy

like, if you were in a hollow chamber at the center of the earth, what would the gravity be like?

and we're studying gravitational acceleration, so I told him about this... (kinetic bombardment... projectiles dropped from orbit onto a target and land at mach 15)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

StormEye

StormEye

I just remembered that my Physics teacher in highschool looked pretty darn similar to Gordon Freeman, but he was black. He played Hlaf-Life as well, and some of us went ZOMG~!

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

now that you mention it my physics teacher has an uncanny resmblance to gordan freeman. dayum.

i like physics better than chem. all the math stuff seems connectable and related

Zillah

Zillah

haha, my physics teacher reminds me of Mr. bean Razz

Pariah

Pariah

Zillah wrote:I really love all science. taking phsyics and psychology, and would be taking Chem 2 if i could.

My physics teacher is really interesting, and i talk to him a lot about thought experiments Very Happy

like, if you were in a hollow chamber at the center of the earth, what would the gravity be like?

and we're studying gravitational acceleration, so I told him about this... (kinetic bombardment... projectiles dropped from orbit onto a target and land at mach 15)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
Ah yes, the old Rods from God Project. It would be funny but the CIA actually tried to make this a thing in the 80s and is now partnering with NASA to do it again.

And my physics teacher looks like he should have retired by the time Moses started his whole "free the jews" movement.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

The Raddest wrote:Also, I <3 Chemistry. I think it's really interesting. I kind of want to get a periodic table tattoo.

woohoo! yeah chemistry is an awesome subject.

plus, with a chemistry A level (+ biology) i can do a degree in brewing and distilling cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum