Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

FUUUUU... ever remove your ethernet cable from your xbox?

+2
Chewy
Epyk MD
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I haven't been gaming lately, so I took that ethernet cable out of my xbox and stuck it into my laptop. Today the mood struck me to do a little gaming. I removed the cable and put it back into the xbox. Shit's all retarded, and I can't get the xbox to connect.
I turned off both my router and my modem, then turned them back on again, like the troubleshooting crap told me to do.
It didn't work, and now it tells me to check my router's webpage or whatever, which I do not have the IP address or whatever-the-fuck-it-is for.
Blah. Networks piss me off. It's about the only technological stuff that really evades my understanding.

...Bueller?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

this used to happen to me, i always had to turn my router/box off, wait 10 secs, turn both on. when everything was a go, id plug my Xbox into the router, and all would be good in the world

Chewy

Chewy

what kind of router do u have?

It's a Netgear.

I used to rip out whenever I used to rage in MW2 (yeah, I rage a lot now, but I was even worse back then, but that's a different story); I also take it out whenever the WiFi thing is being stupid and I connect my laptop to it, but it never asks me for an IP address. Are you sure your's is set to automatically set itself up?

Alright, I got it.

After hours of troubleshooting, I fucking got it.

You know what it was?

I turned off my modem, and turned off my router.

But I forgot that the router was connected to a hub. I never turned off the hub... and here I was trying to manually assign an IP address and all sorts of other shit way over my head. Goddamn.

Sometimes the best way to screw something up, is to not forget something, but to over think it.

Overthinking things is one of my primary functions.

It really screws me up sometimes.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Tht shit is the most frustrating... knowing it's something that's probably simple but having no clue what it is.

Sometimes switching to my PS3 and back to the 360 will cause one of them to lose connection and I have to power cycle everything to get it back.

I solved it by never playing my PS3. Razz

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

When we lose power I have to set it all up again. Mine connection to Live is from my laptop, so I have to play with the router,the xbox, and laptop to get it back up again. Somehow my xbox isn't recognizing the the port forwarding and I've been play with a moderate NAT. It was a pain in the @ss the first time. So Cramtron, I feel your pain.

Majora1988

Majora1988

I rout my Xbox through my Laptop as well, mostly because I refuse to pay $60 for a wireless enabler.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I just refuse to pay $100 for the wireless adapter for the xbox, and I can't connect it to the router (not my house). I've learned more about networking by necessity than any actual training.

The 360 S having a built in wireless card is amazing.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA I don't have the wireless either so I have this long ass ethernet cable I string from my office to my living room. Pisses the hell out of my wife. She keeps asking I mean telling me to run it through the wall and mount it properly but I am to lazy!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I actually used a linksys wireless N gaming adapter for my last Xbox. Cost more than the MS one but ran like a champ. Just gave it to my brother so he can get online again (his bunny eats cables.. haha) and I bought an Xbox S so I don't need it anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum