+3
Wacco
TexasMace
Ron Swanson
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Finally got back around to working on my Mage build and I love it! I got my enchanting up to 100 then got the dual enchantment perk and made myself a badass suite of enchanted armor and mage robes. Now I can throw magic around like I was expecting to in the begining. I can make a couple of my types of magic 0 cost to cast, but I feel like that is unsporting. I've focused on Conjuration and Destruction for the most part, but I use a lot of Alteration as well.

Magic is underpowered. you just need to have your enchanting maxed out for it to work right.

TexasMace

TexasMace

My next build is going to be a battle mage.

I'll be picking your brain, Terry for tips later.

Wacco

I just made a mage too. Once you get enchanting to 100 it becomes a blast. I love shooting constant streams of fireballs at dragons.

Pariah

Pariah

When I modified my character for a mage build, I had a really easy time of it. SInce I have 100 enchanting, I just took the master robes of destruction and disenchanted them, then put that enchantment as well as fortify magicka regen every possible piece of clothing, all powered soul gems. Whip out the fireball spell and have a party. No problems whatsoever with magicka depletion.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

TexasMace wrote:My next build is going to be a battle mage.

I'll be picking your brain, Terry for tips later.

You will have to learn to run and buy time during battle in order to get your magic back. Early on you will have to do a lot of "cheap" tactics in order to defeat strong enemies.

But Tex, I STRONGLY recomend you do the Mage's College early on, and get that enchanting up to 100 as fast as possible. Its the only way to level the playing field with weapon based builds.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I thought about battlemage too,with conjuration like a flame astronauch or something and a ebony/daedric axe enchanted with paralize and absorb health

dunno..I'm thinking of thief/assassin for my next one

is conjuration any good or am I just better off saving time and actually whacking the enemies myself 0__o ,same question about companions,tried once,and that Lydia chick died to easy against a dragon

anybody know if you get a companion early on do they level up with you like they did in fallout?

TexasMace

TexasMace

I read somewhere they do level up as you do.

I also found out that Mjoll the Lioness cannot die so she'd make an awesome follower......and she's hot.

Thanks, Terry!

Chewy

Chewy

Mjoll is a good pack mule and distraction, but doesn't seem to do very much damage. At least for me, I went to Riften fairly early though and apparently the companion leveling can be broken sometimes.

I think that magic is pretty good actually. If you consider enchanting to be magic it is quite overpowered really. It's just that it takes longer to kill someone with than a sword, but you can do it from a distance so who cares.

Plus shooting fireballs at people is badass as shit.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

JrTapia1991 wrote:is conjuration any good or am I just better off saving time and actually whacking the enemies myself 0__o ,same question about companions,tried once,and that Lydia chick died to easy against a dragon

Conjuration is the best offensive magic at the end IMO. Summon Dremora Lord is like pulling a fighter strong enough to go toe to toe with Drauger deathlords out of your ass. Total win.

Edit: ^ that spell isn't even a master level spell. So there are better ones yet.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Evil Terry wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:is conjuration any good or am I just better off saving time and actually whacking the enemies myself 0__o ,same question about companions,tried once,and that Lydia chick died to easy against a dragon

Conjuration is the best offensive magic at the end IMO. Summon Dremora Lord is like pulling a fighter strong enough to go toe to toe with Drauger deathlords out of your ass. Total win.

Edit: ^ that spell isn't even a master level spell. So there are better ones yet.
There really aren't any better ones. The master spells just summon permanent atronachs or permanent zombies, which aren't worth too much because they're the same as the regular ones, same health and damage and stuff. They also get lost behind you really easily outdoors, which nixes a lot of their usefulness. Conjuration was the first skill that I got to 100 and the only summoning spell I typically use is still Summon Dremora Lord. There's just no beating that IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum