So I got my first credit card today.

+2
Captain Pirate Pineapple
Dropped Da Soap
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

And I am so nervous to use it. I just don't want to do anything to screw myself up by using it wrong.

But it has a 0% interest rate for the first 6 months, so from what little I understand that is supposed to be good.
So I might just buy one or two things a month with it, and pay them off to build my credit. Then after the 6 months, get rid of it.

But I don't know. I might just stick to buying gas with it. And I might use it to buy me a new stereo for my truck. Not an expensive one, just one about 60 bucks or so, just something I can listen to cds and my ipod with instead of cassettes which I don't even have.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Be careful with them. I have 4. All are maxed right now, and I'm waiting on income tax check to come and clear them out.

Admin

Admin

yeah watch it. i you cat pay it off with a weeks pay, id hink twice about adding anything else to it.

if you dont pay off everything by the first 6 months, they add the back interest.

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

That 0% interest will disapear if your late ONCE on payment. Chances are it will jump up to about 12% as soon as you miss a payment

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Well if I do end up actually using it, I am going to try and not use it on something that costs more then what I make in a week.

So that stereo I am looking at is gonna cost me 70 bucks, plus I am going to pay Best By an additional 60 to install it. So that right there is probably the most money I will spend on it. But I can pay that off literally Friday if I wanted. I have almost 180 in my account, and I get payed 150+ in two days.

So I could probably do that tomorrow if I wanted to.

But like I said. I might use it on one or two things a month. No more, and not on anything that costs more then what I earn in a week.

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

here is what you do

use the card like cash

everything you buy make sure you can pay it before the due date

if you do that they will never be able to collect interest on you

never carry a balance

Erkeric

Erkeric

But the problem people run into plague, is they dont realize how much they are actually spending on it until its too late and they cant pay it off in 1 month.

Just make sure your keeping track of what your spending and know how much you really can afford and you will be fine.

But hey, the bright side is just by realizing what can go wrong with credit cards, your now in the top 1% of our generation....Yeah! *cries a little inside*

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

very fair point

i guess it's up to the individual to be responsible

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum