infadel117
grader
JrTapia1991
Kenshiro
Frostbyrn
Metalzoic
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dear God this kid is annoying. Empty Dear God this kid is annoying. 2012-02-05, 23:32

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621026-battlefield-3/61858949

I've never seen any of you guys mention having a problem with your controller drifting in BF3. Just curious if it's as common a problem as this hakmiya spaz is making it sound.

If you do have this issue does it make the game un-playable like he says?
I am really stating to want to strangle this little monkey.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its the controller not the game itself hes just a moron

This is how all my controllers break its probally from being too heavy handed with the thumbstick

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I do have the problem.

It's more of the stick not recentering correctly, or at least the game has a smaller neutral (no touch) zone than others.

If your tank is randomly turning on its axis slowly, or your bipod is removing itself, it's all in the controller.

Funny thing is, it takes a second to correct it (move the left stick a bit).

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Terry said his drifts to the left but he said it was his controller.

I blame the controller and not the game.I never have any problems besides the analogs being finicky at times,running when I didn't want it to,etc.

the main gripe I have with the controls,and I dunno if it's my controller or what,but I'll be crouched down and it instantly stands me up for no reason and it'll get me killed.Or I'll be slowly inching across the ground prone and it'll stand me up Sad

randomly on some maps it won't let me arm the mcom if I'm prone or crouched,or the meter will reset....grrr...rage inducing.I've talked to other people about the mcom thing and being prone and it instantly standing them up,and they said theirs does it too...

grader

grader

I have this problem but its not much of a problem at all.

infadel117

infadel117

never had a problem with it on any game unless im using other peoples controllers

including texas' Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I need to get another controller but I want a black wired one but couldn't find it anywhere....went to walmart and they didn't even have any turtle beach's....grrrrrr I wanted the x12s tonight damn it >:[[[

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Just replied to this dumb shit again.

He is apparently very offended that my old worn controller doesn't have this problem.
He's gonna have an aneurysm...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

lol I read all the topic man that damn kid has major nerd rage....

haha I haven't been on the BF3 board since the beta,and the topic about making a truce with the famas/usas frag users made me laugh Razz

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah. I picture him spitting all over his monitor and keyboard.

Ante

Ante

I had this problem with my old wired controller. Bought a brand new wireless one and I still have the same problem. The problem is BF3's aiming system on console, or at least 360, is way too loose. It's most prevalent in tanks (and the reason I fucking hate driving them in BF3. <3 BC2 tank-whoring) but it can make long range shooting fucking annoying. Honestly, one of the reasons I hate playing this game.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

The main problem is that area that registers no movement (neutral) is smaller than other games, so much so that the stick going to the middle won't always go DIRECTLY to the middle.

I can see how DICE did this, as the left stick equivalent is WASD and the right stick is the mouse. Both are notoriously accurate.

It's really not much of a problem, but a fix might mess up the sensitivity of the game so far.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah I get some drift now and again but it's not a big deal. Like others have said you just have to tap the stick a little and it stops.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah that's what I do if I ever have a problem just tap the stick....

I'd rather them not even fix it honestly because I have a feeling they would screw the game up

it's not game breaking...

>___> does it stand straight up randomly for you guys too when you're prone?It hasn't made me die yet...but almost

Zillah

Zillah

I did use to have this problem. It was so bad that I could get the left stick to stick about half way to the right... I bought a new controller recently, tanks are so much easier now.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

This happens to me ALL the time. And its not just in BF3, it does this in Gears 3 and a few other games as well. But it really ONLY affects me in BF3. Like in Gears when it does it its hardly noticable. Like my character SLOOOOOOOOWLY walks, he steps like normal but he barely actually moves. Kind of funny actually.

But in BF3 its INSANELY noticable. Like others said though, I just have to tap the stick in the opposite direction my guy is moving and he stops. But it does affect a LOT of things. Its the reason why I use foregrips on everything, because at times it does affect my aiming. Especially when using bipods. Sometimes I can't put a bipod out at all. And other times he puts it away constantly after I get it deployed.
It also makes it as hard as fuck to snipe. Because since I have to click the LS to breathe in and steady my shot, it messes with the neutral zone of the stick and makes my character stop holding his breath and start swaying again.

So yes, its not a HUGE problem. But it was when I first started playing the game. But I have gotten used to it and learned to adapt. So I do agree with the TC in that topic. But I don't bitch about it like he does.

Crombie

Crombie

I had to replace my controller because it drifted in both thumb sticks... man, it's "crisp" now.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Hmm interesting. I haven't had this at all. Sounds like it sucks.
I should try my other 2 controllers to see if they drift at all.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I have 3 controllers and all 3 drift left. The only time it bothers me is when I'm in a tank I want to go stationary to line up a shot. it is really annoying, but I get along OK

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I tend to notice a drift, but it's in all of my games, because it's my controller, not the game itself.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

GGrrrr that little monkey pisses me off. Whatever.

I'm surprised I never heard any of you bring it up before. Now I understand why several people have mentioned trouble using bipods.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Oh man.
Go look at this dudes most recent reply in this topic.
Just look at it. Look, and then go make fun of him.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Nope. It's reasons like that that I stay away from that website.

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Its definitely the controller, I've got 3 old controllers that drift to the left. I can literally put my controller down and watch my character start strafing to the left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum