We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surround Sound question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Surround Sound question Empty Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 19:05

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Thinking of saving some money to get the turtle beach surround sound processor....the original was called the DSS1,it was supposedly Dolby 7.1 surround sound,but then last month the DSS2 came out,the new one has 6 adjustable volume controls,but apparently no 7.1 or 5.1 surround sound,they said it was only 4.0 surround sound....I thought that was bad,then I read that the 360/PS3 don't even support 7.1 surround sound,and that 7.1 was just an illusion of 5.1,which is an illusion of 4.0

I've never had any surround sound or anything,just didn't want to waste money on the DSS2 if the DSS1 is indeed better or whatever....

I also heard 7.1 surround sound is disliked by alot of people because it's like too much of an "echo" all around you,and you can't even tell where the sound is coming from.....

I think both sound processors are like 70 bucks,not just for xbox,you can use em with anything it said

2Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:12

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Either will be fine. Nothing on 360 (so far as I know) has native 7.1 support.

If by 4.0 you mean Pro Logic, then no, 5.1 is a big step up from that. Pro Logic/Pro Logic II etc... are simulated surround sound not discrete channels. 5.1 headphone surround is also simulated, but using Dolby Headphone which takes discrete 5.1/7.1 audio still does a very impressive job. Much, much better than any Pro Logic settings.

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/home-theater/dolby-headphone.html

Turtle Beach/Astro surround sound headphones running Dolby Headphone sound worlds better than stereo headphones do.

Just remember you'll need a fiber optic cable to connect it correctly. Without that cable running from the 360 you still won't have actaul surround sound. Just poopy Pro Logic.

Err... I just re-read that and I think I explained it pretty bad.

-4.0/Pro Logic = Bad
-5.1/7.1 = Good
-Headphone Surround = Dolby Headphone = Good
-Not using a fiber optic cable = Not actually in surround sound = Bad
-Big titties = Good

3Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:14

Zillah

Zillah

What do the 5 and the 1 in the 5.1 mean?

4Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:16

asdf

asdf

5-# of channels
.1-Subwoofer

So 6 channels in all

5 speakers
1 subwoofer

5Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:16

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

5 discreet audio channles.
left, right, center, rear(side) left, rear(side) right.
The .1 is the subwoofer.

6Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:23

Zillah

Zillah

Gotcha. so im guessing 7.1 just has one more speaker on the left and right side

7Surround Sound question Empty Re: Surround Sound question 2012-02-07, 23:26

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I wish these damn turtle beaches didn't have a buzzing sound when using a wired controller..........................honestly regret even getting them now... Evil or Very Mad

cheapo headsets/mics never have that buzzing thing,it's a real turnoff that expensive headphones have that problem of buzzing with using a wired controller...

I guess there's no xbox 360 headset that won't buzz with a wired controller?

it has to do with some complicated shit due to something called a ground loop....

lol fried my brain trying to figure it out Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum