New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] Question about sound suppressors

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The mechanics have changed from my understanding. For one they no longer reduce your effective range (at least on sniper rifles) but if I recall correctly they still reduce your muzzle velocity. That said I was wondering if they still reduce your weapons damage output, in pretty sure they do, but seeing as I've yet to unlock any of the suppressors, I can't really say for sure.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm gonna run around with it on the AEK and notice any changes. It would be a monster if you can tame the recoil. I guess angled grip is best, since you need to burst anyway, unless another grip can stop the side to side sway/spread.

StormEye

StormEye

Not sure if its correct or not, but I just checked the weapon stats and the only difference between BA normal and BA silenced is hip fire accuracy. LoL

If this is the case, then there is pretty much no excuse not to use silencer on BA.

Actually, checked AR while I am typing this as well. Its the same thing as BA.

This is quite lulzy.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The ergo grip I think reduces side to side away while the stubby grip reduces verticals recoil in automatic

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah from what I understand it doesn't reduce damage output or effective range at all...just slows your bullets down and probably increases drop.

Ante

Ante

Yeah, suppressors have never reduced damage output, only dropoff range and bullet velocity.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:Yeah, suppressors have never reduced damage output, only dropoff range and bullet velocity.
I'm pretty sure now they don't even effect the damage dropoff range.

Ante

Ante

Interesting... Still suppressors aren't really worth using unless you're lone-wolfing or everyone in your squad is using one.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:Interesting... Still suppressors aren't really worth using unless you're lone-wolfing or everyone in your squad is using one.
Yeah if you stick with other people they will give away your position.

Ante

Ante

I'm guilty of using them anyways just because they look cool, though. >_>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:I'm guilty of using them anyways just because they look cool, though. >_>
Yeah on certain guns they just make it look more bad ass.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Eh, yes and no for suppressors. I stick with a group but I stay off to the side so that I can flank when the enemy engages them, many times the blueberries prove to be fantastic bait Smile

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Eh, yes and no for suppressors. I stick with a group but I stay off to the side so that I can flank when the enemy engages them, many times the blueberries prove to be fantastic bait Smile
Yeah I definitely use them as bullet sponges. I let them go into a room first so I know what's in store for me and where people are hiding.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Just got the suppressor for the AK5C, I notice that the damage drop appears to be pretty significant at extended distances. I was shooting at another guy without it, and he some how won despite me shooting and hitting him first, it was a very close fight though, he got away with like 9 HP afterwards.

The carbines are also incredibly inaccurate at range (This may change when using a heavy barrel), and I learned first hand how horrific their hip fire accuracy is without the laser attachment, especially when compared to the PDW's laser like accuracy with hip fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum