Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So its 5 am, I just got off work.....sup?

+5
Metalzoic
Captain Pirate Pineapple
HydrasBreath ♜
Spiteful Bro.
Dropped Da Soap
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Im awake....how come none of you guys are!!

Spiteful Bro.

Hey

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I've been up since 5am as well though it's 9:30 here now...not much is up just drooling over some bass pedals I want to buy.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ah cool cool. Its 6 20 here now. Bored as hell.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

It's 10 here. I'm at work with a huge fucking headache. I really don't want to be here.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

7:30 here. Showered and ready. Just waiting for my coffee to be ready.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Coffee is for quiters

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Then I quit.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Because it was 1am in the morning when you posted that

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

2pm here Razz just sitting here zoning out like a zombie staring at the wall

1 pm here and just woke up. Shocked

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah I originally planned to take a 3 hour nap at like 8 am. But I passed out until freaking 1245

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Roy Drage wrote:Yeah I originally planned to take a 3 hour nap at like 8 am. But I passed out until freaking 1245

yeah working nights does that to you...naps no longer exist you just sleep for various lengths of time.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Now I am afraid that because of that extra long sleep its going to screw me over tonight. I am trying to force my body to be ready to be up at 1130.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Roy Drage wrote:Now I am afraid that because of that extra long sleep its going to screw me over tonight. I am trying to force my body to be ready to be up at 1130.

yeah my system gets so fucked up some weeks I can't even sleep at night. This week I'm only mildly screwed up. Woke up at 5am again today for no reason whatsoever.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah just got off work again after going in at 12. Debating on playing the new Gears 3 DLC for a bit, or going to sleep for a few hours. I don't have to work tonight or tomorrow, might force myself to stay up and play Gears.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Roy Drage wrote:Yeah just got off work again after going in at 12. Debating on playing the new Gears 3 DLC for a bit, or going to sleep for a few hours. I don't have to work tonight or tomorrow, might force myself to stay up and play Gears.

Yeah I'm crashing pretty hard over here...I think an epic nap (aka sleep) is in order.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah. I am trying to play Horde mode, and damn its hard to concentrate.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

so I guess in retrospect that nap was not such a great idea even though it was totally needed...I just woke up and it's 4am...awesome Mad

Ante

Ante

Been playing ME1 since midnight... 4am now... I don't have work for the next three days. Time to sleep until noon and see if I can get to ME2 by tonight.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I seem to have lost all control of my sleeping habits my body just does whatever the fuck it wants now.

some days it'll wake up after only a few hours and other days nothing short of the apocalypse can make me want to get out of bed. It sucks.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah I feel you man. I went to bed at 11:30 last night. I woke up ten till 12

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah I've been doing overnight shifts for like 4 years now. It's definitely starting to take it's toll and really starting to get on my nerves. Job market blows around here though so if I leave I'll pretty much be back to minimum wage unless I want to work in a call center or construction which I don't want to do either.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So I was 100% sure I had to be at work tonight by 4. So I planned on hitting my bed about 10 pm.

Well I called my work about 830 to double check and found that I am supposed to be there at 12. So I tried going to bed right then. Well its 5 minutes till 10, and I don't feel tired and cant fall asleep.

Plus I figured that my body would be worse with the 2+ hours of sleep I MIGHT get.

So I just got out of bed and I am going to work on school. Figured I might just buy a 5 hour energy when I get there. Save it till about 2 maybe 3 am. Then chug it. Get off work, go into school for an hour or so. Then sleep until 4:45 to go back to school at 5 and get out at 8. Then come home and sleep for a good 3 hours and go back to work.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

that's rough dude...yeah I attempted going to uni and working overnights for a few months...didn't work out so good.

Ante

Ante

School and overnight shifts?

Fuck. That.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Eh. Its not as bad as it sounds. You just gotta get used to having virtually no time to yourself in the day that isn't devoted to school or sleeping.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Well off to work chumps. WISH ME LUCK!!

thank god that I don't have to work until 4 am Friday Morning. That way I can get atleast 6 hours of sleep after my math class later tonight, or tomorrow night. Its not quite yet Thursday.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:School and overnight shifts?

Fuck. That.

yeah it wasn't very fun. I was in class but I wasn't really in class after having worked all night. I only lasted a month like that and had to stop since I was getting absolutely no school work done. I dropped myself down to only working weekends while in school. Much much better than way.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So today....was fun....

I worked most of my 8 hour shift just fine. No being tired or anything or whatever. I was constantly rushing, running between isles, restocking as fast as I could, etc. Nothing was slowing me down. Then at about 6, when I had to go refill the whole Liquor dept, it finally hit me.

I spent most of the time just out of it. Was having a hard time focusing, couldn't find where to put bottles that were right in front of me, trying to grab things that werent there because I wasnt staring at them, etc.

By 7:30 I was having a hard time standing. I was having a hard time balancing while standing. And I felt like I was going to hurl.

By 8:10 it dawned on me that I wasn't going to finish everyhing by 8:30. So I got a new found burst of energy and spent the next twenty-five minutes sprinting to finish everything I needed. Still got out 9 minutes after I was supposed to be off.

So I went into school right after. Walked up to my teacher, he took one look at me, had me sign in and sent me home.

Now I am going to sleep until at least 4:30 then going into my night math class.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Roy Drage wrote:So today....was fun....

I worked most of my 8 hour shift just fine. No being tired or anything or whatever. I was constantly rushing, running between isles, restocking as fast as I could, etc. Nothing was slowing me down. Then at about 6, when I had to go refill the whole Liquor dept, it finally hit me.

I spent most of the time just out of it. Was having a hard time focusing, couldn't find where to put bottles that were right in front of me, trying to grab things that werent there because I wasnt staring at them, etc.

By 7:30 I was having a hard time standing. I was having a hard time balancing while standing. And I felt like I was going to hurl.

By 8:10 it dawned on me that I wasn't going to finish everyhing by 8:30. So I got a new found burst of energy and spent the next twenty-five minutes sprinting to finish everything I needed. Still got out 9 minutes after I was supposed to be off.

So I went into school right after. Walked up to my teacher, he took one look at me, had me sign in and sent me home.

Now I am going to sleep until at least 4:30 then going into my night math class.

yeah that'll happen when you're first starting on nights. I call it "hitting the wall" usually happens between 4am-6am and you just get extremely tired out of nowhere all of a sudden. I remember sometimes I would be so tired and out of it I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I'd literally be falling asleep and have my eyes closed and I'd still be stocking the shelves. You get used to it after awhile and it doesn't hit you so hard anymore but it can take quite awhile.

I eat a fuckton of food (not all at once that would be bad) at night to keep my energy levels up. I don't know if you're the same way but that's one thing that could help.

Also if you can help it at all make sure you get your sleep all in one chunk. Getting 8 hours of sleep is a million times better than say two 4 hour naps that are spread apart. That will definitely make the nights go by smoother and will reduce "hitting the wall" so hard.

sleeping at regular times also helps. If you develop a routine it makes things a bit easier. I know that can be hard though and sometimes you just have to get sleep where you can.

batonpass

batonpass

Go to bed, you fiend.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow...that 4 1/2 hour nap helped a lot more then I thought it did.

Although I did wake up because I dreamed I was being mauled by a....um...a rabid Applejack....
But I think for the most part my mind and clarity has returned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum