We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forgot how fun Fallout was

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-08, 22:59

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Was playing Old World Blues for a couple hours,liked it alot better than Dead Money(bleh)

those damn robo scorpians are strong as hell...I have guns to 100 using 308 JSP ammo in This Machine and it still takes forever to kill em...doesn't help they come in groups of 10 >:0

it was weird today every time I got on BF3 it blew my internet out >__> ...so I went back to single player stuff lol.

there was this really strong baby deathclaw Stripes that could kill me in 2 hits Evil or Very Mad

2Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 08:49

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

use the Proton Axe, or Protonic Inversal Axe against the Roboscorpions, it does 50 flat EMP damage against robots regardless of melee skill.

and i haven't fought Stripes yet, i never use Wild Wasteland Razz

3Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 10:44

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah Fallout is a great game, both 3 and New Vegas. Old world blues was especially good, best dialog I've ever heard in a video game.

The Gf has been playing 3 lately, I've played a little for her to teach her how and to help her find all the good equipment.

4Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 10:54

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Terry Corp. wrote:Yeah Fallout is a great game, both 3 and New Vegas. Old world blues was especially good, best dialog I've ever heard in a video game.

The Gf has been playing 3 lately, I've played a little for her to teach her how and to help her find all the good equipment.

Ol' Painless... Twisted Evil

5Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 10:58

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

A321 plasma
Xualong AR

oh yeah

6Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 16:59

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I loved the Xuanlong......felt so weird they didn't have an AK in New Vegas...it's not a real wasteland without some AK47s or SKS lol Razz .I have it on PC but my laptop's not good enough to run it really or I'd get a mod for some AKs Razz

It's cool for PC you can download like entirely new stories and quests

Never really used energy weapons in NV tho,although I have the Tesla Cannon and Tesla Prototype weighing me down....and some random mini-gun I don't know WHERE I got that shoots 357 magnum >__> and weighs 27 pounds...I wanna drop off some stuff in OWB but don't wanna lose it.Maybe back in a lab locker

I mostly use This Machine with 308 JSP or Dinner Bell shotgun Razz,that thing's like a 1 hit kill up close,plus I have shotgun perks like knockdown.

I swear I'm missing some achievements on my list because I got Curio Relic last night and it wasn't even on my achievement list on my xbox before hand,I had to go on an achievement list site to see it

7Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-09, 17:20

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:and some random mini-gun I don't know WHERE I got that shoots 357 magnum >__> and weighs 27 pounds...I wanna drop off some stuff in OWB but don't wanna lose it.Maybe back in a lab locker.

the minigun is the K9000 Cyberdog Gun, you get given it by the Think Tank at the Beginning of OWB.

and just use the Wall Safe in the Sink bedroom, i stash all of my shit there.

8Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 08:59

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Not really being able to select many good perks now...I'm lvl 38.Picked one where all weapons over 10 pounds now weigh half as much...freed up like 30 pounds haha and didn't have anything good to pick so I raised my strength up.

almost out of stimpacks and .308 ammo Sad then I only have about 55 12 gauge shotgun shells,some 20 gauge but it's rather weak against enemies. 12.7 pistol was decent,actually killed stuff alot faster than the .44 magnum did.Wish there was a merchant or something,but I'm about to fight the last guy in OWB and then I can leave and stock up on stimpacks and .308 ammo,I have 30k caps on me and a BUNCH of stuff to sell...mostly pre war money ;0 ,those 44 magnums the labotomites keep dropping are worth alot,found some glove worth 1400 too and the proton axe is worth alot

damn those nightstalkers and damn those robo scorpions mk4's >__>

9Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 09:01

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

KEEP THE PROTON AXE.

the only reason Roboscorpions are tough is because they are ridiculously bullet-resistant. the Proton Axe does 50 EMP damage straight through the armour, if you use the axe you will be able to Conan your way through roboscorpions.

10Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 09:13

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn!Even if my melee skill is like 15? Razz

11Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 12:23

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

YES.

the 50 EMP damage is an added effect, not the base damage. that 50 EMP damage will be 50 EMP damage even at 0 skill.

TL;DR = it does 50 EMP damage, use the damn axe.

12Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 12:58

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The proton axe also basically stun locks the scorpions, they hardly even fight back.

My melee charicter in NV was my favorite Fallout playthrough of all time. I just beserker charged and smashed EVERYBODY!

13Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-11, 13:39

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Terry Corp. wrote:The proton axe also basically stun locks the scorpions, they hardly even fight back.

My melee charicter in NV was my favorite Fallout playthrough of all time. I just beserker charged and smashed EVERYBODY!

Sneak is OP.

dem crits.

14Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 19:30

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well I beat it last night Razz .Thinking of doing the Lonesome Road next,but might play Skyrim for awhile just so I don't get burned out

15Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 19:36

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

lonesome road is good, but dump all of your unneeded shit, because there is a FUCK-TON of loot. there is so much cool shit to grab.

even if i leave 200lbs free, i always run out of space for loot and have to return to the Mojave or risk stashing items in a container along the lonesome road.

16Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 19:38

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn Sad it's like that vid of Skyrim hoarders...it's like I NEED to have 50 guns on me Razz

17Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 19:44

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:damn Sad it's like that vid of Skyrim hoarders...it's like I NEED to have 50 guns on me Razz

you are doing it so wrong.

all i need is:

1) Combat Knife
2) .45 AP Pistol (Silenced)
3) Hunting Shotgun (Choke + Tubes)
4) Trail Carbine (Scoped) or Hunting Rifle (Mags + Scope)
5) Ratslayer
6) Christine's COS Rifle

and tbh, the Ratslayer and Combat Knife are just because i love using them, i would be better off using the COS Rifle for anything sneaky Razz

18Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 20:27

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn...yea I might switch to that.I guess I have so many because I always thought I need a backup gun...to the backup gun...to the backup gun...because it looks cool...cool backup gun Razz

>__> I need to find a place to repair my enclave armor...both the body and helmet are down to 0%

if I ever did a new character I would take that Cowboy Perk and use explosives more,they're pretty plentiful and would save ammo.

I have the trail carbine,before all the patches I know it was pretty rare to find,never put a scope on it tho.Got the COS rifle,ratslayer,and dinner bell.I think it's worth it being the strongest shotgun even if it holds 3 less (5) vs the hunting shotgun upgraded (Cool and the dinner bell has the built in choke

it sucks,I wish you could upgrade unique weapons.I finally got .357 magnum Lucky after getting my lockpick to 100.Always focused on guns,repair,speech,and medicine before.

thinking back on it,I could have been rich if I invested in barter early on,eh idk.

like off hand right now I have,.44 magnum scope,.44 magnum backup,.357 magnum long barrel,lucky,9mm pistol,9mm submachine gun,10mm submachine gun x2 ,alien blaster,anti material rifle,dinner bell,this machine,varmint rifle,maria,Elijah's LAER,trail carbine...plus some more I forget Razz

19Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 20:42

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

damn...yea I might switch to that.I guess I have so many because I always thought I need a backup gun...to the backup gun...to the backup gun...because it looks cool...cool backup gun Razz

you dont need a backup gun. instead of carrying around 20lbs of backup guns, just carry a few weapon repair kits.
and btw, if you pass a repair check (65% IIRC) and collect a few parts for the LR version of ED-E you can get a free 25% repair on all equipment daily.

>__> I need to find a place to repair my enclave armor...both the body and helmet are down to 0%

Jury Rigging. the best thing ever. you can reapir enclave armour with metal armour if you have Jury Rigging
Razz

if I ever did a new character I would take that Cowboy Perk and use explosives more,they're pretty plentiful and would save ammo.

Cowboy + Brush Gun = Win

I have the trail carbine,before all the patches I know it was pretty rare to find,never put a scope on it tho.Got the COS rifle,ratslayer,and dinner bell.I think it's worth it being the strongest shotgun even if it holds 3 less (5) vs the hunting shotgun upgraded (Cool and the dinner bell has the built in choke.

Dinner Bell = WIN
Trail Carbine + Cowboy + .44 SWC = WIN^3

it sucks,I wish you could upgrade unique weapons.I finally got .357 magnum Lucky after getting my lockpick to 100.Always focused on guns,repair,speech,and medicine before.

Lucky is not that great. use A Light Shining In Darkness (if you have HH), it is the best handgun in the game, even before Grunt.

thinking back on it,I could have been rich if I invested in barter early on,eh idk.

if you have jury rigging you will be loaded anyway:
repairing Thermic Lances with Pool Cues and Super Sledges with Sledgehammers = $$$$

like off hand right now I have,.44 magnum scope,.44 magnum backup,.357 magnum long barrel,lucky,9mm pistol,9mm submachine gun,10mm submachine gun x2 ,alien blaster,anti material rifle,dinner bell,this machine,varmint rifle,maria,Elijah's LAER,trail carbine...plus some more I forget Razz

WTF bro? that is a crazy amount of guns Razz

.44 Magnum Scope OR .44 Magnum
ONE 10mm SMG
9mm OR Maria
Dinner Bell
Anti-Materiel Rifle OR COS Rifle (i would pick the COS Rifle personally)
Trail Carbine
Elijah's Advanced LAER

don't take This Machine, it will be dead weight if you have the COS Rifle or AMR.
Alien Blaster ammo is very rare indeed, so unless you do the hotkey ammo glitch then its not worth carrying on the Lonesome Road.

20Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 21:08

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

ooh I forgot I have that heavy ass automatic rifle (BAR) from DM too >__> .I guess I'll make a trip to the Novak hotel to drop my stuff off.It never donned on me to just use some weapon repair kits instead of all the backup guns...yea jury rig is cool Razz .Been meaning to drop the AM rifle for awhile... .50mg is too damn expensive

I could drop off that stealth armor.It was ok but I died too easy with it equiped and the people in OWB had like super perception so sneaking never worked

I'm gonna level up explosives next so I can get Cowboy,then breakdown all my 44 magnum ammo to make .44 SWC

I wonder if they ever made the fatman or mini nukes more plentiful.I remember they were rare as hell in the base game...in FO3 they were like all over the place

OWB was pretty cool,although I think I still like Point Lookout the best

21Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 23:10

Khfan60

Khfan60

The Adli Corporation wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:damn Sad it's like that vid of Skyrim hoarders...it's like I NEED to have 50 guns on me Razz

you are doing it so wrong.

all i need is:

1) Combat Knife
2) .45 AP Pistol (Silenced)
3) Hunting Shotgun (Choke + Tubes)
4) Trail Carbine (Scoped) or Hunting Rifle (Mags + Scope)
5) Ratslayer
6) Christine's COS Rifle

and tbh, the Ratslayer and Combat Knife are just because i love using them, i would be better off using the COS Rifle for anything sneaky Razz

Nub, all you need are your fists and sexy sleepwear.

22Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-12, 23:22

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well your advice against hoarding saved me like 200 pounds Adli Razz

so much stuff weighing me down I never used >__>

now I'm down to Lucky,COS rifle,This Machine,Trail Carbine,Caravan shotgun,Dinner Bell pretty much Very Happy and Elizjah's LAER and the Gauzz Rifle

23Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-13, 08:21

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the Stealth Suit is not that great, since it is medium armour (wtf Obsidian?)
once you get high enough sneak, there is very little point in using it.

and the AMR is pretty awesome, but it is heavy and .50MG is rather expensive, so i just use the COS Rifle instead Razz

and yes, .44 SWC is so good coupled with Cowboy. using Cowboy and .44 SWC with a Trail Caarbine or Brush Gun deals some crazy damage.

24Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-13, 09:41

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Skyrim has swallowed my life again...played a little NV earlier dumping all the stuff weighing me down,then all night was spent in dungeons in Skyrim not even doing much besides getting Dragon Shouts I didn't have before,looked at the clock and it's suddenly almost 8 in the morning here XD Razz ,damn time flies

25Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-13, 11:12

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im alternating between FONV, FO3 and Skyrim Razz

im half burned out on NV and Skyrim, so its FO3 for a while Smile

26Forgot how fun Fallout was Empty Re: Forgot how fun Fallout was 2012-04-15, 09:12

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I dunno why but I could never get into Oblivion...Skyrim seems like the true successor to Morrowind

Been spenting all night trying to get the daedric artifacts in Skyrim Razz those damn dwelmer ruins are a maze

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum