Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone wanna lend me $15 on paypal? for eve!

+3
Ante
Frostbyrn
Duck
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Duck

Duck

Fuckin paypal. 3-5 days to confirm your bank account. 3-5 days later... it will take 3-5 days to transfer money from your bank account to your paypal account. Jesus. I just want to build my mining frigate!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You dont need a full account to build a mining frigate do you?

Duck

Duck

It's whatever ship they give you when you finish the mining 10 missions. You need to have some skill to assemble the ship, which requires a full account.

Ante

Ante

That's the hauler. Not made for mining, and you don't really need it yet. Best thing you can fit out for mining right now is a frigate with mining bonuses.

Regardless, if you beeline training in mining, you'll probably cap out before you're account is upgraded... this is why I love debit cards. >_>

Pariah

Pariah

Eve...it's a hell of a drug.

Duck

Duck

I have school vacation this week and I was planning on spending it playing eve.

Duck

Duck

at least mining level 5 will be done by then

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ah yeah dont worry about the hauler me and Ante got you covered for that

Also I get my Retriever today Very Happy

God Paypal is lame. I hate the wait. Id help you out if I had money in my paypal. Sorry man.

Duck

Duck

I just assumed the hauler was the next step in the mining progression. Well, what should I do now to progress? Talk to some level II mining agent?

How do I get more slots on my frigate for storage bay upgrades? I have a couple of them sitting around but my ship can only take one. And I keep getting my ass kicked by pirate raiders in low sec areas where i need to mine.

Duck

Duck

Paypal is quick if you have a debit or credit card, but I don't, and I don't want to start a line of credit at 18.

I thought it took 3-5 days to transfer from checking?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Veldspar is the best thing to mine for money man you can stay in the High sec places

Also I think the Amarr Frigate has 2 Low power slots for cargo upgrades

Duck

Duck

No, Im doing it through a savings account... that my parents set up when I was like 5. I don't have a checking account. I've only had a job for like a year so my financials are one step above a ceramic piggy bank.

Duck

Duck

I'm minmatarr. I'm doing fine mining silvery omber and refining it down to some blue shit that's pretty valuable, but raiders like to crash my mining party and I have to jump all over the system looking for asteroid belts that they aren't currently in. I can kill one of them if they're alone but if there's two I have to warp away.

Ante

Ante

Dave wrote:I just assumed the hauler was the next step in the mining progression. Well, what should I do now to progress? Talk to some level II mining agent?

How do I get more slots on my frigate for storage bay upgrades? I have a couple of them sitting around but my ship can only take one. And I keep getting my ass kicked by pirate raiders in low sec areas where i need to mine.

Either train for cruisers and get into your faction's mining cruiser or head straight for the Retriever. The tier one ORE mining barge is a waste of money, so don't bother with that.

Industry V
Mining IV
Science IV
Astrogeology IV
Mining Barge III

It should take ~7 days to train these skills, but the Retriever is an ore vacuum compared to the frigates and even the cruisers. After that you'll want to train for the Hulk, which is the ultimate mining vessel right now. That takes close to 40 days to train for though.

As for mining, you shouldn't be going into low-sec space alone. Stick to .9 or 1.0 systems where it's 100% safe, or train for scout drones and you should be relatively safe out to around .7 space. All the mining frigates sans the Burst have a small drone bay that can hold one scout drone to keep you safe from rats.

Ante

Ante

Just read that you're Minmatar, the one race who's mining frigate doesn't have a drone bay. Doh. Cross train to another faction's frigates and get one of those.

Also, Dense Veldspar is the most profitable ore to be mining right now. Viscous Pyroxeres is slowly creeping up there, though.

Duck

Duck

I'm in like a .6 zone, that's what i meant by low sec. There's a station in the system so if anything attacks me I can just warp to it. I've never seen another player there. Except there's a bunch of gigantic storage containers with names in yellow russian.

Duck

Duck

really? veldspar? that seemed too easy to mine for it to be valuable.

Ante

Ante

Trust me. I know a wee bit about mining. Dense Veldspar, and Dense specifically is the most valuable per m3 on the market right now. You might get higher prices for the lower sec ores, but they also take up a ton more space, making their isk per m3 much lower. You'll find the biggest Dense Veldspar rocks in .7 belts.

Duck

Duck

im not doubting you i'm just surprised. I've flown past a ton of dense veldspar to mine omber >_>

Ante

Ante

Yeah it is kind of strange, but just about every blueprint in the game uses tritanium, and lots of it.

People are also predicting that ore prices are going to skyrocket even more than they have when this expansion drops tomorrow. It's a good time to be a miner in EVE.

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

listen to ante. if mining is your focus train the skills he posted and go straight for the retriever

also if you are in the hath area and are having issue with belt rats i don't mind paying you a visit

Dude I checked Paypal and it says 2-4 days for anything thats not a MoneyPak account. Whatever the hell that is.

Duck

Duck

It's one of many scams they have running to make you sign up for some pseudo credit system.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I have 21 bucks canadian in my paypal right now...I could potentially lend you that. You'll pay it back though right?

Ante

Ante

TAKE IT ALL AND RUN DUCK. TAKE IT AND RUN.

Duck

Duck

Yeah definitely, there should $50 USD in my account in "3-5 business days". If I don't you can all ostracize me from the community.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dave wrote:Yeah definitely, there should $50 USD in my account in "3-5 business days". If I don't you can all ostracize me from the community.

New Hampshire eh? that's close enough to me...if you don't pay me back I'll hunt you down and introduce you to my friend "lead pipe" Razz

nah I trust ya man. PM me your email and I'll send you the money.

Do it!

Pariah

Pariah

Wow. Hydra, you're really nice. I really didn't expect him to succeed, but man. You're great. AC for being a generous person.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:Wow. Hydra, you're really nice. I really didn't expect him to succeed, but man. You're great. AC for being a generous person.

well as long as he pays me back it's no biggie. The money was just sitting there not doing anything anyways. I forgot it was even in there to be honest haha.

Plus I have no problem helping out my bros at the SeC.

but yeah I guess I have my moments Cool .

Duck

Duck

wow!

thanks a ton yoko-brono

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dave wrote:wow!

thanks a ton yoko-brono

no worries brochacho Very Happy

Duck

Duck

Spoiler:

I got the $15...
You gotta be kidding me. $5 charge for first time users.

I feel bad to even ask, Hydra >_>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dave wrote:
Spoiler:

I got the $15...
You gotta be kidding me. $5 charge for first time users.

I feel bad to even ask, Hydra >_>

haha no worries I got you man

Duck

Duck

thanks a ton Very Happy

They charge you 5 bucks? Really? Thats lame

Duck

Duck

I concur.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dave wrote:thanks a ton Very Happy

no sweat dude...hopefully there's no more hidden charges cause there's like only a few cents left in my Paypal till Thursday. I'm Getting myself a Rotovibe.

Duck

Duck

Is that similiar to a wah-wah?

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

We could have all pitched in like .50.

But besides that point, where are you in space? I've got a few spare Navitas frigates I can hand out. It's not quite a Bantam, but it's got 2 hardpoints and a drone bay for any rats you might get.

And a tip for if you do get a hauler but not a ORE miner. Do a mission that has you fighting/doing something in a minable asteroid field. Kill the objectives, but do not complete the mission. Most missions give you a bonus for a timely finish, but you don't really need that. Go to base, take out your miner, mine the shit out of the [Deadspace Encounter] that you just cleared out. You won't be intruding on any miners like at the public asteriod fields.

When your cargo gets full, take a note of the time. Jettison your cargo, open it, then move all the shit you mine into the container. Do this for, say, 40 minutes. Then warp back to base, bring out your hauler. My Navitas has like 300 m^3 cargo space, and my Iteron has 4000 m^3. Go back, loot your own container, then sell it.

No one's going to find you as you're in your mission area, aside from those weird directional scan guys. Free mining, and it allows you to haul without worry, as no one is going to open your jet can.

Pariah

Pariah

I'm sorry, I actually don't have paypal, nor a credit/debit card. My only form of payment electronically is a visa gift card. And it is hell actually using it. Sorry Duck.

Dave wrote:Is that similiar to a wah-wah?

I have a Crybaby. Smile

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

well it looks like a wah but it simulates a rotating speaker effect and the rocker pedal controls the speed. It sounds cool. I'm writing a tripped out toolish kinda bass thing for my band and the rotovibe will provide some sexy spacey goodness. It also has a vibrato mode but I don't really care about that.

looks like this
anyone wanna lend me $15 on paypal? for eve! Dunlop-rotovibe2-051105

sounds like this on guitar

and on bass (so much sexyness)

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:

I have a Crybaby. Smile

as do I the bass version though.

Duck

Duck

Sym wrote:

I have a Crybaby. Smile

Same... thing is sexy. Except it didn't come with an ac adapter and I rarely have the right batteries so I have to choose between distortion or using the ac adapter that came with my distortion for the crybaby.

Buy a powerpack man! You can get one for like 5 bucks at any music store.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Or buy a one spot. it's around 20 bucks and can power up to I think 8 pedals and it just takes up one wall socket. It might introduce some noise and hum to your signal but I don't find it's that bad. It's what I'm using currently for my growing pedalboard.

HydrasBreath wrote:Or buy a one spot. it's around 20 bucks and can power up to I think 8 pedals and it just takes up one wall socket. It might introduce some noise and hum to your signal but I don't find it's that bad. It's what I'm using currently for my growing pedalboard.

This is a good idea as well. I dont need one as I only use two pedals.

BOSS Metal Zone
and my Crybaby

I run it out of 4x12 with a Marshall JCM2000 head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum