Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video card question (GTX 580 vs GTX 670)

+2
Artimise Flare
Ante
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130782

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587

Okay so the 670 is cheaper, but it seems like the better card by a decent margin. The only thing is I don't see the shader clock for the 670 in the details anywhere.

Halp SeC techies. Ante needs his new video card.

I would get the 670 man.

I have the 580, and while its a great card, I would go with the new architecture. Especially at the price.

Both cards are beasts though, and the 580 will max everything except The Witcher 2.

I also have the EVGa version.

Or you could drop 1k and get the 690 lol

Ante

Ante

That's what it's looking like. Did some research on the 670 and yeah, it looks like a much better card.

and HAH! at the 690. I might, might get the 680 though if I can stretch my budget.

I want the 600 series but cant justify it since I just built my rig like 7 months ago.

I believe it was storm who said the 700 series is going to be a massive jump. Just some food for thought. Who know when they will release though.

Like sym said the 670 is the best buy right now. It has about 92% of the performance of a 680 for $100 less.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

SLI will out perform any single top of the line card on the market.

I'm running Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 EVGA SLI and I can easily max BF3 with little to no problems.

Pariah

Pariah

more layman than professional geek, I'd say go for the 670. Not only is it cheaper, it actually seems better by a wide margin. I'm liking the memory capacity and the fact that most of the stats are the same.

Hell yea I want to SLI when the 580's come down even more.

Ante

Ante

I'm such a sucker for tech. I may end up getting dual 670s and another monitor (for a total of 3.) It's been too long since I've bought any nice PC parts, haha. I've also got plans on a new mobo and cpu, as my current processor is garbage and outdated.

Whats your current GPU Ante?

Ante

Ante

A GTX 285. It's time to take her out behind the shed and put her down...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it's all about them integrated graphix Razz

Sym wrote:Hell yea I want to SLI when the 580's come down even more.

I am still very undecided between getting sli 560 ti's once they drop down to $100 or just waiting until the 700 series.

StormEye

StormEye

I'm waiting for GTX 780/790.

600 series are just filler cash-generators for nVIDIA, until the actual 700 series hit the market, just to keep up with AMD/ATI.

But if you have to get something, just get something that is better in cost:performance ratio. In this case, 600 series would tend to give slightly better results in that field.

Ante

Ante

Any idea when this 700 series is releasing? I can't seem to find any solid info on it, just rumors and speculation.

unisyst

unisyst

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=637&card2=669

I'm lovin' my Radeon 6970. Yeah I know you can take a 6950 and make it a 6970 but meh.

Ante wrote:Any idea when this 700 series is releasing? I can't seem to find any solid info on it, just rumors and speculation.

Around December from what I have heard.

StormEye

StormEye

Ante wrote:Any idea when this 700 series is releasing? I can't seem to find any solid info on it, just rumors and speculation.
Yeah, there are only speculations, but it can be safely said that its going to be released in the latter part of this year. The only reason why 600 series are as is is because that nVIDIA was not able to get the new chips in large quantity before they had to release something to fight against ATI. They actually have everything ready, and having them in inventory without having any sales, are not really desirable in business stand point.

All they really need to do is get current 600 series rolled off the factory by summer, and transition to 700 series. They have design and material ready (but just slight lack of quantity, which can be solved by time), so as soon as the desired goal of 600 series production is achieved (or nVIDIA is noticing that 600 series are not as hot as they expect, in terms of sales), 700 series will start rolling in the factory.

Ante

Ante

Yeah I want this built by the time Borderlands 2 releases...

StormEye

StormEye

Then why don't you go with ATI, for now, so that you don't waste as much money on the current gen ( / last gen, actually) video cards? You don't need to get something ridiculously powerful for games these days.

A 670 will destroy Borderlands 2 as well. That would be my purchase if you have to get one by October. Just my two cents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum