We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turtle beach or Razer?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-15, 23:18

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sup guys, I'm looking at investing into some good head phones to use for my PC gaming. I'm willing to drop $100 bucks or a little more to get a quality pair of headphones, I'm sick of the cheap ones that keep breaking on me.

I've looked at the 5.1 surround ones from TB but from the reviews, apparently TB's quality control has taken a dive sadly with the Z6A models. Now Razer is another story, nothing but stellar reviews, but only one thing irks me. I'm looking at the Razer Electra 5.1 surround head set, the problem is the mic is in-line and you HAVE to buy a splitter from Razer in order to use BOTH the mid and the headset at the same time (An additional $15) Honestly, if I'm going to drop $70-$80 on a set of head phones, you'd think it'd have that feature already.

And yes, I would like them to be surround sound if possible.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

2Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-16, 01:01

Ante

Ante

I just use my 60 dollar Turtle Beach X12s for PC gaming. Great sound quality, great mic quality, and infinitely comfortable. No special adapters needed for PC either. Not surround sound, though...

3Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-16, 01:04

Neither. Gaming headphones are crap. Just get some solid headphones and a $5 clip on mic. I will post some suggestions when I have more free time on my hands.

4Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-16, 03:34

StormEye

StormEye

Depending on the main purpose that you are using the headphone, in most of SeC's case its going to be gaming, a biased sound signature can be very helpful.

The less delivery of unnecessary sounds, and more delivery of necessary sounds, is best for competitive gaming. Usually, the better quality headphones for music and studios are unbiased all-range headphones, which tends to flatten out the sounds that are more important for competitive gaming.

I think the sound setting, is far more important than the actual quality of the headphones, after you have reached certain cost:performance ratio. Therefore, it does not really matter what headphone you use, as long as it meets the minimum standard, so go with what you feel is more comfortable, if you are looking for a headphone for competitive gaming.

If you are looking for all-rounder, then it becomes something else, and may have to look for a non-headset model, and get mic separately. But from my experience with separate mic, way back in my professional gamin days, I was hated by some of my teammates for not being able to deliver my voice as clearly as headset types.

5Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-18, 17:14

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So in the end I went with the Z6a' and honestly, I don't see what the complaining was about. They're very comfortable, don't feel real cheap, and over all I'm pleased with the sound quality. Ultimately I wanted a pair of head sets that blocked out sound and were comfortable for long gaming sessions.

Couldn't be happier so far.

6Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-18, 17:16

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

nice...I didn't even know of many alternatives when I got my turtle beach x12s for the xbox but they can be used for pc too

7Turtle beach or Razer? Empty Re: Turtle beach or Razer? 2012-05-18, 17:17

I got a Razer set that I really like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum