New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[D3] Anyone who says this game is too easy is insane

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

A buddy and me just went through Act 4 on nightmare and what a frustrating experience it was. stunlocking, chain freezing asshole elite packs 1 and 2 shotting us left and right. Finally we turtled up and put on all our CC abilities and made it through. Diablo was still laughably easy compared to elite/rare packs, but the fight is fun so whatever. Now to go back and kill Belial then head off to Hell mode... ffffuuuuuuu

Belial is a bitch for my Barb...

Ante

Ante

I ended up skipping over it since I jumped in a friends game who was already in Act 3. Ended up killing Diablo at 47 when you're supposed to be 50. Whoops. No wonder Act 4 was so hard.

His first form is stupid easy, but damn...the second from destroys my Barb.

Ive read that ranged classes make him a breeze, but this fight in particular is brutal for Barbs. I died three time last night before calling it, as I didnt feel like fighting him for ten minutes again haha.

StormEye

StormEye

Objectively, D3 should be the hardest, out of the series.

Especially in the case for non-boss rare mobs.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

How good is it? The always online DRM (and overall disappointment in Blizzard) turned me away from it, so I'm thinking of just watching Day 9's Let's Play and forget about it.

Heard there's been some massive hacking going on too <_<

StormEye

StormEye

Hacker group has announced that they will try to crack the online only aspect of the game, enabling non-official server play, which means you can pirate the game all you want.

Diablo 3 is simply described as Diablo series refined, and casualized. If you have played the previous games, it is pretty much the same in the core. If people wanted something new, then they have asked for a wrong game.

Casual'ness comes mostly in the fact that you can retrain your character all day long, and do not have to worry about skill point distribution. People view this as a bad thing in that it is less 'hardcore' about building your character, where in previous game you have to DELETE a character just because you misplaced a single stat point. However, I believe that that was stupid because it basically was artificially inflating the amount of play time, making people waste their time trying to find out the right build for themselves, and a character can be scrapped through a SINGLE stupid patch. Though, I will not argue that maybe the old selling point of the game was this pointless character building that some old fans enjoyed.

Auction house is something that I was quite worried about in the beginning, but as it turns out its pretty good. You do not have to have face to face trading anymore, and are able to find what you want (or may want) much easily. Besides the very unreasonable players (maybe vast majority?) quite a lot of items, that are actually beneficial, are priced appropriately so there is less worry about a person's bad luck for not getting the right drop (like myself for instance. LoL). Though, this may also roll into the whole 'hardcore'ness' of the game, as some people enjoyed this random gambling luck in the game.

Ars Diaboli wrote:How good is it? The always online DRM (and overall disappointment in Blizzard) turned me away from it, so I'm thinking of just watching Day 9's Let's Play and forget about it.

Heard there's been some massive hacking going on too <_<

Its Diablo. If you liked Diablo 1 and 2 you will like this game.

Im personally enjoying the hell out of it.

Storm has a really good synapses, and he is right about the skills. Although I kind of like being able to experiment whenever I feel like it.

The game-play is testament to years of doing this genre for Blizzard.

Im loving the loot.

Its slightly easy on Normal, but I did have a hard time with Belial.

Auction house is cool. I like it. I got myself a nice one handed axe for my Barb for 25k in gold. Which isn't that much.

These are just some of my thoughts on the game.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

All right. I did like D2, so that's something.

Beat the game yesterday for the first time with my Barb. Pretty awesome game. Gonna do a Nightmare run now.

StormEye

StormEye

In nightmare, watch out for rare mobs. They are STRONGER than the bosses (not in HP wise, but certainly in damage in many cases).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum