Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

would it be worth upgrading my PC, or getting a brand new one?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Windows Vista (lol i know)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU. Q6600 @2.40GHz (4 CPU's) ~2.4GHz (not sure if Quad-Core or Hyperthreaded Dual-Core)
3326MB RAM
---
ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Internal DAC 400MHz (whatever that means... numbers Rolling Eyes)
1656MB

would it be more cost efficient to upgrade or to buy a new one? just curious.

Duck

Duck

vista is a piece of shit and more expensive to replace than it is to just buy a pc with windows 7.

you could upgrade the 3 gigs of ram but honestly I don't think ram is as important as the graphics card and processor by a long shot.

Your graphics card is integrated, which pretty much means it's worthless for any high level gaming and I think integrated guarantees that it's not able to be detached from your cpu.

That's a pretty decent processor though.

I think you should just buy new/ build new because replacing the integrated graphics is pretty much impossible and upgrading to windows 7 is going to be annoying as well.

StormEye

StormEye

What performance are you expecting?

If you are content with crappy graphics, the major games can be run on crappy system, so small upgrade is fine.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

fair enough, ill stick with a laptop for Uni (which is far better than my PC lol).
just wondered how much i could coax out of this Razz

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

slap a card and a good power supply in that baby

gaming PCs for everyone

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Manila Plague wrote:slap a card and a good power supply in that baby

gaming PCs for everyone

hmm. i doubt that will work in 3 years time Razz

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

don't question it just do it

Dave wrote:vista is a piece of shit and more expensive to replace than it is to just buy a pc with windows 7.

you could upgrade the 3 gigs of ram but honestly I don't think ram is as important as the graphics card and processor by a long shot.

Your graphics card is integrated, which pretty much means it's worthless for any high level gaming and I think integrated guarantees that it's not able to be detached from your cpu.

That's a pretty decent processor though.

I think you should just buy new/ build new because replacing the integrated graphics is pretty much impossible and upgrading to windows 7 is going to be annoying as well.

That graphics card is not integrated. Also vista in not THAT bad. Only reason it got the reputation it did is because manufacturers tried to put it on computers that could barely run it, this causing lag and a bad user experience. Vista with SP2 is not some incredibly bad OS like windows 2000, it is just alright with most of its flaws being fixed by windows 7, which is essentially an update. Anyways in regards to your computer, just check what kind of psu you have and through a low power $100 gpu like the 6850 in it. Finally, yes the cpu is a quad.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

is there an easy way to check the power supply without having to look behind the tower? my PC cables are kinda wrapped around a big desk Razz

Alpha Brit wrote:is there an easy way to check the power supply without having to look behind the tower? my PC cables are kinda wrapped around a big desk Razz
\\

Naw you gotta open that baby up and look

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

well damn.

ill have a look when i can be bothered to move the desk Rolling Eyes

StormEye

StormEye

Last year, I have seen MANY $700 and under (some are below $500) that can run BF3 at reasonable graphics with constant 60 fps.

The parts from that period probably is discounted like crazy, as new hardware generation has taken over the market.

Doing an overhaul won't cost that much, if you look at last gen products.

So I guess both options are open to you, now that I think about it.

Duck

Duck

I spent like 750 on this laptop that can probably run BF3 on high but now I'm too cheap to drop the 60+50 for BF3 and premium. Also paypal sucks so I can't get that much money in digital form.

StormEye

StormEye

Can't you just go and purchase a cash card in grocery stores for digital payment uses?

Duck

Duck

yeah i could i guess but I haven't gotten around to it and it also makes me hesitate to spend like $100 on one game when I've been buying a lot of them for like 2 dollars on steam.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum