Dropped Da Soap
Ron Swanson
StormEye
Duck
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

I just finished playing CoD2 all the way through for the first time.

Just started playing MW3

the enemies don't even really shoot at you now. They just kind of shift cover in front of you and wait to be shot. In CoD2 they'd try to flank you and constantly be shooting at you and making you keep your head down. They'd also throw grenades at you if you were in a tough spot to get to. An MG42 could be a real problem if you didnt have the right gun.

Also, there's no recoil in MW3. I literally just pointed an AK at a wall and held down the trigger and it make a pretty nice little grouping. In CoD2 if you hold down the trigger on something like the thompson it goes all over the place.

Seriously, why would they just throw out a bunch of ai coding and remove recoil? There goes pretty much everything that changes the game from shooting gallery to FPS.

Both were playing hardened difficulty on PC.

StormEye

StormEye

The CoD series have progressively moved onto being heavily scripted SP sequences, ever since its release (and it was good selling point). The flanking that you have described is part of that scripting, not real AI.

FEAR has the REAL AI that knows how to do those things, and AIs will actually deny orders from its commander when given unacceptable order. Yes, these AIs actually think.

MW series does not seem to update AI much, and there are some flanking that I have observed in MW2, in Brazil level (the one you have to fight in the slums), but its not really dynamic AI, but rather altered scripting that channels AIs into flanking path.

CoD2 actually has MUCH worse combat capable AIs, and it can be exploited much easier. The only more combat capable part of CoD2 AI is that it side steps (like a crab on METH) or jump sideways to throw your bolt action rifle's aim off.

Grenades are based off of the difficulty that you play in. Higher difficulty, the more frequently they will throw grenades, not that the AI thinks its better to do so.

About the recoil, I will agree. But you have to remember that the guns used in that era sucked... Not in terms of lethality (heck they many of them are actually more powerful than now!), but its performance cannot be matched up to now. From the description of recoil in WW2 CoD, MW weapons have adequately represented recoil for the CoD World.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The little I played of MW3 SP was pretty boring. I didn't see anything that I haven't seen before.

Duck

Duck

CoD2 felt much more challenging. Enemies would try to find me if I was sitting up in a house shooting them and there was no friendlies below me. Also an ak-47 has much more recoil than a ww2 era smg, i'm pretty sure.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

An AK is virtually impossible to fire in a straight line. That gun and an M16 are one of the few full auto guns I have ever fired.

I fired like 8 bullets from the AK and the damn barrel was above my shoulder.
Granted I wasn't expecting the kick to be that powerful, so the next time I shot it I was a lot more stable.

But firing the M16(A1 I think it was)thing kicked but NO where to the extent the AK did.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im trying to find the youtube video where the player follows the ingame instructions to wait and breaks the game. the mission only progresses if the player is moving forward, but he has been told to wait.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I downloaded Black OPs demo last week. Couldn't even bring myself to finish it, really. It just bore me. I have no intention of touching CoD's sp after that. I loved MW and CoD 2 though.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

what else is new lol

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Meh, I actually really enjoyed it - for what it is.

Sure, it doesn't do anything all that intelligent or sophisticated, but it's got some of the best and most inventive set pieces in the entire series. I had a blast playing through it.

It's just a big dumb action movie, almost entirely on rails but built for (comparatively) cheap thrills and big explosions - and I'm all for that on occasion, to be honest.

Crazy I thought the MW3 SP was actually pretty good. Way better than MW2 and BO.

Pariah

Pariah

I've actually not touched the SP of MW3 at all. I play the hectic multiplayer, and I dabbled in a few spec ops missions, but I'm rather ambiguous as to SP. Though, it might be good to see the story end.

Duck

Duck

I havent played BO singleplayer.

It wasn't all that bad. I found it entertaining enough to beat in a single day. I was just surprised how it was pretty much a step down from CoD2.

StormEye

StormEye

Treyarch's CoD SP is usually summed up as "Banzai Warfare".

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I hated Black Ops' single player. Mostly this one level I remember that had infinitely-respawning enemies until you pushed up to a certain point, except the issue was that there were too many enemies and you had to be pretty much completely in the open in order to get there. ugh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum