Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't you hate it when you're on a massive rape fest and then....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

"Connection to the Server has been lost"

Just had that happen to me. I was destroying with the M26 IAR and we're about to win the match then connection to the server conveniently "lost". I don't think there was an admin on the other team, but damn that's freaking frustrating.

That happened to me today on a CQ map.

Just saw your invite Art, sorry I was actually away from my computer for awhile and left that tab open.

I might get on later though, depends on how much beer I drink haha.

StormEye

StormEye

Its the old tradition

Don't you hate it when you're on a massive rape fest and then.... Screen10

StormEye wrote:Its the old tradition

Don't you hate it when you're on a massive rape fest and then.... Screen10

What game is that?

NVM

Last edited by Sym on 2012-06-14, 22:30; edited 1 time in total

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I can't remember, was that Baur HR or was that the VOSS-LR (God weapon) from 2142? personally i liked the Baur HR better.

But yes, 2142 and especially BF2 was notorious for server issues.

StormEye

StormEye

Both are from 2142.

Voss for EU's "I don't have Krylov" weapon

Baur for expert marksman (when used well, its the best gun in the game, theoretically)

Krylov for.... "I WIN" button

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It's funny Storm, back in 2142 I never saw a reason to use the Zellar sniper rifle. I always valued the extra ammunition I got from the morretti and parker sniper rifles. Support players always seemed to be in short supply so I had to sacrifice stopping power for longevity out in the field.

StormEye

StormEye

In competition matches, many maps are Conquest Assault style, where one side attacks and one side defends.

Zeller had huge advantage, compared to minor ammo issue, in competition matches.

1. OHK to the chest or at least 75% HP gone.
In the beginning of the match, a squad leader runs as fast as he can to a flag by using LIGHT ARMOUR and spending all stamina. AFTER the stamina is gone, or slightly before if playing more conservatively, squad members spawn on him to group the squad as best as they can to provide concentrated firepower in an area.

If you are able to kill him before kill the squad leader before others spawn, you have made an enemy team waste a bunch of time establishing a footing, while your team is able to set up offensive/defensive position on a flag.

People don't use light armour in public matches much, but its rather used often in competition matches, as infantry combat is more often than you expect, due to vehicles melt away in concentrated engineer prowess. In an infantry combat, one of the main goal was to send a runner to draw enemy away from a flag that your team is attacking (if none of the enemy falls back, then your runner takes over the back flags). Being able to take out runners from distance, with higher probability is better than having to send more soldiers to stop the runner.

2. You can blow up enemy mines from distance. In a blitzkrieg style rush in the beginning, in a vehicle heavy maps, enemy engineer will ALWAYS toss mines. Not that our vehicle can survive bunch of mines + engineer weapons, but being able to remove as much as possible (in this case, engineers usually also wear light armour so that they can run to the mine laying position as fast as they can). This blitzkrieg is usually used with APC, which have ability for a passenger to launch out of the APC onto a flag, or some difficult to reach position. Because of this ability to destroy enemy mines, Zeller is one of the least selfish weapons a player can carry.

3. You are very likely to die before you extinguish your ammo reserve. Having two more shots in the magazine does not net you more kills in the long run, especially in smaller matches (which basically is all competition matches).

4. Its the only clear lens scope our of the three rifles. If you have your texture to medium or lower, Zeller is the worst rifle, as everything is tinted red, but when set at high, it is depicted properly (like you see in the picture) where only outer edges are tinted and centre is clear.

4. Its the ONLY SNIPER RIFLE ALLOWED in a competition mod. You have no choice. In the competition mod, Sniper Rifle = Zeller. So using Zeller all the time is just better to not lose the touch when in competition situation.

Duck

Duck

I thought this was one of soap's topics and completely unrelated to video games.

StormEye

StormEye

Dave wrote:I thought this was one of soap's topics and completely unrelated to video games.

THIS IS SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I never competed so it didn't really bother me. I'm not made crazy good like some. I don't know how the hell you pull some of you SPM's Storm as a sniper. I simply can't seem to get the range and such down to where I can easily look, adjust, profit.

I'm a better tanker and foot pounder more than anything else. Lately I've been running as support again. I don't know what they did with this last patch, but flying in a jet seems to be a lot easier. I'm easily lining up rocket strafes and taking out infantry left and right now, while using a mouse. I still crash into the ground due to me having to pick up the mouse all the time but I'll cope. I still have no clue how to fiddle with my joystick to get it so that I can fly with it, and K/B is way too freaking awkward right now.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Artimise Flare wrote:I never competed so it didn't really bother me. I'm not made crazy good like some. I don't know how the hell you pull some of you SPM's Storm as a sniper. I simply can't seem to get the range and such down to where I can easily look, adjust, profit.

I'm a better tanker and foot pounder more than anything else. Lately I've been running as support again. I don't know what they did with this last patch, but flying in a jet seems to be a lot easier. I'm easily lining up rocket strafes and taking out infantry left and right now, while using a mouse. I still crash into the ground due to me having to pick up the mouse all the time but I'll cope. I still have no clue how to fiddle with my joystick to get it so that I can fly with it, and K/B is way too freaking awkward right now.
I use the arrow keys for general flying/taking out other jets and then switch to the mouse for shooting at tanks or helicopters. Wish I could use the mouse exclusively but I don't want to deal with picking it up. Might get a joystick if I have some leftover money in a couple of weeks.

StormEye

StormEye

I'm probably off as heck if I started playing right now, as I was off BF for almost half a year or so, but I know I'll get it back to decent level fast enough (but fully recovering takes longer time). But Diablo 3 is not helping at all...

Technically, I will do FAR better if I just stopped sniping altogether. Recon class is a hard nerfed class (at the point I stopped playing BF3, probably different now with ohk chest shot), and it was my stubbornness of using an underpowered class to outperform more capable classes. Of course, there is a factor that involves in myself enjoying longer ranged combats and ballistics as well.

Its always that a good player will be a good player no matter which class he plays, unless a class is barely usable.

I don't think I had been performing that greatly, compared to better "snipers" out there, as my mindset is mostly marksman. I do believe I am better shot than most, but in the realm of the skilled players, I am probably one of the bottom feeders. On top of that, I can already feel that I am getting old, especially when it comes to reflex...

On the subject of air vehicles, I actually had gotten really comfortable with default BF3 KBM controls. Its something hard to give advice about at the moment, as I actually don't even remember how things work...

Duck

Duck

flying jets on pc is so much easier than with an xbox controller.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum