Ron Swanson
DRGN LRD 1213
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need some advice Empty Need some advice 2012-06-20, 14:10

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Recon and Sniper Rifles

Heres the situation. When I play recon I either use a PDW, or the SKS with Holo and play front lines with it. One of the assignments to unlock requires the use of the L96. I need 50 kills with it and 25 headshots. Now..... I don;t use these damn things so first I tried using it as a shotgun but its not a one hit instant kill. I thought I would actually *shudders* try sniping with the damn thing. So my question to those that are good at this what game mode is preferred? Rush or Conquest? Also tips if you have them!

2Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 14:13

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Its easier to snipe on Rush, all the enemies are in front of you and chances are there are more snipers in rush. I used the thing with a 4x and stayed at slightly closer range than the gun was ment for (still mid to long). But last night I tried for a couple lives and the suppression really fucks you over. You may have to try to really use it like a sniper rifle DL >_>

Edit: also curious because I have 70 kills with that gun will that count towards the assingment?

3Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 14:20

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

This is actually just an assignment for some premium dog tags. I'll never use the tags but the fact its something that I can unlock..... well the OCD in me is killing me! haha

If you want I can list what all the gun assignments are and the requirements. But you do have to start from scratch so to speak.

4Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 14:21

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I play exclusively in conquest, and I typically am pretty close to the front as well. I never use the x12 scope, only the default scopes. The SKS has too little power to be effective at the long range 1 shot 1 kill method. The M40 or the SV98 fills those roles nicely. I've found that the M40 with x4 is extremely effective, especially when used in the DMR role. Slap a suppressor on it and if you're good at being stealth, you should be able to get a nice number of kills with it.

5Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 14:29

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

The tag requires I use the L96. I have 4 kills total with the gun =o/ I have not really touched the bolt actions at all for this game I might just..... not do this after all haha

6Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 15:06

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

When I get a new bolt action, I tend to remove the scope and aim for the head area. They made it upper chest now, so it's easier for me.

I play TDM mostly if I want to unlock stuff for weapons. Once you get a fair scope (4x or lower) and possibly the straight pull bolt, it becomes a fairly good weapon, except you have to aim fairly well. It's a slug shotgun that works better than the actual slug shotguns.

7Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 15:14

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'll try some tdm tonigt with scope removed. I wasn't getting one hit kills with it on cq maps and I thought i was close enough. O well.

8Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 16:02

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

MH wrote: It's a slug shotgun that works better than the actual slug shotguns.

It don't think so. They have a larger OHK range but that RoF >_>

9Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 16:18

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

yea the rate of fire is what is killing me.

10Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 16:29

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of travel speed and bullet drop. I can't hit someone who's running perpendicular to me at range most of the time. You don't need to lead as much with SRs.

And the CQC maps would be a bad choice. Pick somewhere open but with hiding spots and backways to sneak around. I think I played GB TDM yesterday. Got a few kills with the JNG. Didn't realize Terry was there until I killed him.

11Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 16:45

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

MH wrote:Didn't realize Terry was there until I killed him.

You knifed me you asshole Suspect lol

Right after I gunned down 2 of your teammates

12Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 16:53

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I'm a Recon/Sniper like you DL. PDW's all day. When doing this assignment though, I was running with the iron sights until I unlocked one of the holo sights for it. It does take some getting used to, as it's not a semi auto rifle. Just remember if you ADS, to undo that to cycle the next bullet. Now, as for what game type to play, I did Conquest. I went onto Noshahr and Kharg. When I got tired of that, I played some Team Deathmatch, mainly on Caspian.

13Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-20, 17:02

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I've went 21-1 with the M98 on Caspian TDM once. thats the place to do it DL

14Need some advice Empty Re: Need some advice 2012-06-21, 22:35

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

HARDCORE with either a 4x, holo or red dot. Close Quarters are good maps for this as well as some Team Deathmatch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum